Author Topic: Magic Johnson: "Michael Jordan couldn't run a team like I could"  (Read 2640 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Magic Johnson: "Michael Jordan couldn't run a team like I could"
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2013, 09:02:20 PM »
You can't possibly say that. LeBron score ten more PPG, so the assist numbers balance out if you want to go statistically & as for "whose a better passer"...that's all subjective..."leadership & making others better"...pure ungradable intangible when comparing those two. How can you TRULY say whose better? Magic had WAY more help & WAY more of a complete team than LeBron does now....unless you're going to sink THAT low & say Bosh & Wade are better than Worthy & Kareem.

This is getting off topic anyway. I can understand those who aren't willing to say James has eclipsed Magic's accomplishments...but pure skill set it's identical...apparently enough to eclipse Jordan & those who played like him (Kobe).

Also the ring argument progressively is becoming more & more of a childish cop out to me. The fuck does it have to do with the skill set of player v. player & who has the better one? It's like saying Derek Fisher is a better shooter than Ray Allen because he has more rings. No one is asking whose accomplished more in the eyes of history...it's all about whose the better pure player.

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2013, 10:47:37 PM »
You can't possibly say that. LeBron score ten more PPG, so the assist numbers balance out if you want to go statistically & as for "whose a better passer"...that's all subjective..."leadership & making others better"...pure ungradable intangible when comparing those two. How can you TRULY say whose better? Magic had WAY more help & WAY more of a complete team than LeBron does now....unless you're going to sink THAT low & say Bosh & Wade are better than Worthy & Kareem.

This is getting off topic anyway. I can understand those who aren't willing to say James has eclipsed Magic's accomplishments...but pure skill set it's identical...apparently enough to eclipse Jordan & those who played like him (Kobe).

Also the ring argument progressively is becoming more & more of a childish cop out to me. The fuck does it have to do with the skill set of player v. player & who has the better one? It's like saying Derek Fisher is a better shooter than Ray Allen because he has more rings. No one is asking whose accomplished more in the eyes of history...it's all about whose the better pure player.

just stop

Mietek23

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2013, 08:30:23 AM »
The only problem I have is that the marketting media has brainwashed the masses and got the sheeple thinkin Jordan is on a level of his own, when he's really just a great in a line of greats who were all the absolute best at what they did

You can say the same thing about today's media brainwashing current viewers about Kobe, Lebron and other players being greater than Jordan, Shaq and stars of yesterday.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2013, 08:38:18 AM »
It's true though. When it's clear you can't deny Bron's Hall of Fame skill, you just turn to rings.

Hence the example of Derek and Ray. It's like downplaying Allen's shooting ability by saying "yeah...but Fisher has more rings".

Sccit

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2013, 08:40:14 AM »
The only problem I have is that the marketting media has brainwashed the masses and got the sheeple thinkin Jordan is on a level of his own, when he's really just a great in a line of greats who were all the absolute best at what they did

You can say the same thing about today's media brainwashing current viewers about Kobe, Lebron and other players being greater than Jordan, Shaq and stars of yesterday.

LEBRON, YES...KOBE, NO. KOBE IS ACTUALLY DOWNPLAYED BY THE MEDIA, AND IT'S BEEN LIKE THAT EVER SINCE THE RAPE CASE.

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2013, 08:48:08 AM »
It's true though. When it's clear you can't deny Bron's Hall of Fame skill, you just turn to rings.

Hence the example of Derek and Ray. It's like downplaying Allen's shooting ability by saying "yeah...but Fisher has more rings".

THERES A REASON I TOLD U TO STOP..AND IF U REALLY NEED ME TO BREAK IT DOWN FOR U, THEN HERE U GO:

THE REASON THAT ANALOGY IS COMPLETELY RETARDED IS BECAUSE WHEN UR A LEADER OF UR TEAM, WINNING RINGS MAKES OR BREAKS U...IT DEFINES UR LEGACY AND GREATNESS, NOT UR SKILLSET. SHOOTING IS A SKILLSET, WHICH HAS NOTHIN TO DO WITH UR WILL TO WIN AND ABILITY TO CARRY A TEAM TO THE PROMISE LAND. TO TOP IT OFF, DEREK FISHER IS A ROLE PLAYER..WINNING RINGS HAS PRETTY MUCH NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW GOOD A SHOOTER HE IS, AND BECAUSE THE LAKERS WERE NEVER HIS TEAM, THOSE RINGS DO NOT HELP ESTABLISH HIM AS A GREAT LEADER WHO TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO PUT HIS TEAM ON HIS BACK TO WIN IT ALL. WHAT ELSE?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2013, 09:02:01 AM »
Again, I said it in my post above. It's not "legacy" I'm talking about. It's who is the better player. If you talk pure "legacy" and "greatness" then MJ is truly untouchable. Jordan's legacy is flawless. Even if Kobe and Bron both walk out with seven, MJ will have the greater "legacy". So it's a pretty silly way to look at things.

You always grade intangibles that you can't really prove. It's just a cop out. Like three straight Finals appearances, two wins, two Final MVPs and the favorite to do it again for a threepeat. What about that is a knock on his character? Let me guess...he "defers" and gets his teammates involved...the same as Magic. The same that makes Magic better overall than Jordan lol. 

Sccit

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2013, 10:33:05 AM »
Again, I said it in my post above. It's not "legacy" I'm talking about. It's who is the better player. If you talk pure "legacy" and "greatness" then MJ is truly untouchable. Jordan's legacy is flawless. Even if Kobe and Bron both walk out with seven, MJ will have the greater "legacy". So it's a pretty silly way to look at things.

You always grade intangibles that you can't really prove. It's just a cop out. Like three straight Finals appearances, two wins, two Final MVPs and the favorite to do it again for a threepeat. What about that is a knock on his character? Let me guess...he "defers" and gets his teammates involved...the same as Magic. The same that makes Magic better overall than Jordan lol. 

BUT LEADING A TEAM TO THE PROMISE LAND DOES HAVE TO DO WITH HOW GOOD YOU ARE...FOR INSTANCE, IF LEBRON WAS BETTER, HE WOULDA WON WITH CLEVELAND. THERES NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT THOSE 60+ WIN CAV TEAMS COULDA WON IT ALL..THEY WERE DEFENSIVE BEASTS AND FAVORITES TO WIN PRETTY MUCH ANY SERIES THEY WENT INTO...SO IF LEBRON WAS A STRONGER PLAYER IN THAT POINT IN HIS CAREER, HE'D HAVE MORE CHAMPIONSHIPS, HENCE WHY RINGS ARE TELLING OF HOW GREAT U ARE AS A PLAYER - WHEN UR THE LEADER OF UR TEAM, AS OPPOSED TO A ROLE PLAYER WHO ONLY PLAYS A MINOR ROLE IN WINNING THOSE RINGS. IT'S THE ULTIMATE GOAL IN PLAYING, AND THATS ALL THERE REALLY IS TO IT.

AND NOTHING IS REALLY PROVABLE...STATS ARE BASICALLY KEPT FOR IDIOTS WHO DONT UNDERSTAND WHATS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR EYES - THE GAME. IT'S THE OBJECTIVE EYE + HOW MANY TIMES U WERE ABLE TO WIN IT ALL THAT TELL EXACTLY WHO U REALLY ARE IN THIS GAME.

Mietek23

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2013, 11:15:12 AM »
NIK, we all know that even if LeBron would finish his career with 10 straight rings, you would still said he's nowhere near Kobe's level :)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2013, 11:15:27 AM »
Lol. Daniel Gibson. Anderson Varejao. Stop. Even today I'd take the cast Kobe had in both teams he made a run in the Finals with, MJ's Bulls and Magic's roster over the current Heat roster. But this levels the playing field of what he can do with a proper cast.

Very silly. Kidd better than Stockton? Dirk better than Malone? Can you really seeing yourself saying Chauncey Billups was better than Kyrie if he keeps improving, but fails to win in ten years?

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2013, 11:46:31 AM »
Lol. Daniel Gibson. Anderson Varejao. Stop. Even today I'd take the cast Kobe had in both teams he made a run in the Finals with, MJ's Bulls and Magic's roster over the current Heat roster. But this levels the playing field of what he can do with a proper cast.

Very silly. Kidd better than Stockton? Dirk better than Malone? Can you really seeing yourself saying Chauncey Billups was better than Kyrie if he keeps improving, but fails to win in ten years?

yes, lets make fun of anderson vareajo like he's not an all-defensive player who averaged 14 and 14 last year....good one. you seriously need to stop makin those cav teams out to be the kwame brown-smush parker laker teams, cuz it aint even close to bein the case. if they were as bad as u claim, they woulda never been favorites and atop espn's power rankings going into every season...they were built around defense, and their defense was excellent. fact of the matter is, those teams were nice and were always considered contenders, and had lebron been a top-tier goat at that point in his career, cleveland would have AT LEAST 1 champioship under its belt

+ kidd and dirk are not premier champions who did it time and time again... they won circumstantially, and though it does add to their resume, it doesnt elevate them to GOAT status....sorta like lebron with his 1 1/2.

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
NIK, we all know that even if LeBron would finish his career with 10 straight rings, you would still said he's nowhere near Kobe's level :)

then i guess u dont really know after all, do ya?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2013, 11:54:54 AM »
They were second favorites to Boston and only because the East was so weak those years. That team minus LeBron was awful...pretty sure you can look at the 2010-11 season to see what LeBron meant to that team. ::)

James is going down as a GOAT no matter how you feel like wording it.

Sccit

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2013, 12:23:09 PM »
They were second favorites to Boston and only because the East was so weak those years. That team minus LeBron was awful...pretty sure you can look at the 2010-11 season to see what LeBron meant to that team. ::)

James is going down as a GOAT no matter how you feel like wording it.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2010.html = best team in the L

and yea, he will.. just like julius erving- a 2nd tier GOAT. unless he keeps winning rings.