Author Topic: BOB COSTAS = DOUCHE  (Read 1080 times)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
BOB COSTAS = DOUCHE
« on: October 13, 2013, 10:23:11 PM »
oh plz bob costas tell us more about how indians ahem i mean native americans should be offended by the name redskins even though they arent

it must be so enlightening up on your soapbox
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: BOB COSTAS = DOUCHE
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 01:04:42 AM »
pretty ironic, coming from one of the biggest douche of this forum like russell troll  :D :loser:

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 08:12:46 AM »
bob costas is the elano of sports broadcasters....you just wanna kick him square in the nuts when he talks.

stupid white liberal fags trying to look holier-than-thou

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 09:06:16 AM »
Glad he doesnt cover basketball any more

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 11:34:01 AM »
bob costas is the elano of sports broadcasters....you just wanna kick him square in the nuts when he talks.

take a breath now little faggot

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 11:54:01 AM »
Glad he doesnt cover basketball any more

amen.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 12:13:12 PM »

u r loser a  :loser:

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 12:22:14 PM »

u r loser a  :loser:

you should really take a breath, don't be mad at the world because you're a faggot, your mother a whore and your father a pedo.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 12:24:59 PM »
elano angry

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 01:11:40 AM »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 10:12:46 AM »
While I am totally unaware of Costas political views... as a broadcaster he is one of the all time greats. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 10:48:50 AM »
It's been well documented here, I am half Native. A grandparent from each side were/are Native and they married a Mexican. I lived with my Native grandma, but in a Mexican neighborhood so I am a bit of both. I mainly identify with Latinos because frankly, there are more alive and that's very telling.

So whoever caught feelings with Costas has to calm down. I hate when white people speak for Native Americans, but at the same time when it's Costas it's fine because he has the biggest voice in all of sports. He's the voice of reason in sports, and I'm fine with that. But to give my own opinion, which I know many Natives don't share on both side, here it is.

As a sports fan, I am fine with names like Chiefs, Brave and Blackhawks. I know the Golden State Warriors use to be a Native themed nickname, but changed it to just general warriors, and the NBA is very good at not offending minorities. That's all good, but I never really cared about Warriors either. I mean, if they have Kings, why not Chiefs, if you have Celtics, why not Braves, and the Blackhawks have done a great job of honoring Chief Blackhawk and making sure they are respectful. That's fine to me, those organizations can carry on.

Redskins and Indians, now that I have an issue with. Redskins to me is a racist term, and the name has been protested for over 40 years. The thing is that the Native American population is 2.9 million or only 0.9%. that's a very telling number, as a population that use to be 100% of the population in the country with numbers thought to be as high as 60 million conservatively, now only are 2.9 million and less that 1% So for 40 years, there are have been protest and yet no one listened. We are answering the question right now, if people protest and people don't hear it, does it count? I guess the answer is no.

This image is from the 90's.

So well people have been complaining, no one has been listening because the voice is too small. But for me, I would WANT the Redskins to change there names. They were once the Boston Braves, a name I personally have no issues with, and they became the Redskins because the Atlanta Braves where in Boston then, so with two Boston Braves they had to change. The owner at the time claimed the coach was Native (a claim that is highly in dispute as there is no proof he is Native at all) and used this as an excuse to name the team Redskins. Redskins at the time was an insulting term which was how you talked about Natives who were thieves and lairs, basically Indian givers. It was meant to be insulting then and the owner (who was a known racist) used his head coach as an excuse for that name. The whole organ story alone is reason enough to finally change it. But Redskin is basically like calling a team Blackface. How would the black community act if the New York Giants changed their name to the New York Blackfaces because of New York's great blackface entertainment history. Or the Houston Texans became the Houston Wetbacks because of all the Mexicans who crossed the Rio Grande to live in Houston. People would lost their minds. So with that, the name Redskins has to go.

Same with Cleveland Indians. Well the name Indian itself is bad, what's worst is Chief Wahoo. First off, what if the Indians actually decided to honor real Indians. So instead of this...

they change to this..

Indian Americans would flip out! Asian groups would protest. they'd never do it. On top of that, it's usually Native Americans but sometimes American Indians. But no one just uses the term Indian because Indians are from India. It's a stupid nickname and needs to go as well.

All and all, this is kind of how people see it.

But usually people don't say much. as for right now, survey says 90% of Natives don't care, why? Well the list of things in a Reservations issues deal with a lot more close to home stuff than teams nicknames. But that does not mean you keep the names. It's time for these multi-billion dollar companies to do what's right for a change. It should not take all 2.9 million Native Americans to march on Washington to change some teams names.

So for me, keep your Braves, keep your Chiefs, keep your Blackhawks. I honestly hate people dressing as Natives, but at the same times the names and image of the teams don't bother me one bit. But get rid of your Redskins and Indians.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 10:56:09 AM »
u only care because ur not fully native...i know full natives and theyd be offended if the names were changed

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 11:45:18 AM »
u only care because ur not fully native...i know full natives and theyd be offended if the names were changed

I actually know full Natives that are offended by the way it is now. I did go to the Reservation a lot as a child, I grew up with people from Morongo and they talked about these issues back in the 80's and 90's. But to be honest, for them it's like #10 on their list of concerns. Crime, drugs, poverty, police treatment, access to food and many other things were more important than the name Redskins. Many of them were more into getting rid of all Native nicknames. I thought I was being nice by saying you can keep Braves, Blackhawks and Chiefs. Hell I'm a Raider fan, you'd think I'd pick on the Chiefs. My dad also works with the Bureau of Indian Affairs of California, and he knows many more who want these names gone that keep them. But to be honest, again, it's not a top priority. But they do get mad at these names. Again, for the Native Americans I know, I am actually way more on the side of white people than other Native Americans.

Also, it depends on where they are from. Places like the Dakota's up here in the North by Minnesota, they HATE the name Chiefs. I have met plenty of Natives though from AZ and New Mexico who actually like the Chiefs name. So it's also regional. In MN though, the Natives here who I've met (urban Natives usually who live in Minneapolis) HATE all Native names, even Braves and Blackhawks and Chiefs.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:47:30 AM by M Dogg™ »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Hip-Hop's Doppelgangers Rappers Who Sound Like Other Rappers
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 03:47:48 PM »
Lmfao, no matter how cool or young jayz tries to dress or look he still looks like an old man. Its equivilant to justin bieber dressing like a hiphop-er or gangst-er, it looks like a lot ov thought went into the wardrobe but it doesnt look right.
back in the day 97-98, jayz in a Sports jersey looks awkward, like he was trying to hard to keep up with them Real street artist. And he says he invented swagg.......lmao. 8)

the washington redskins name isn't racist
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup