Author Topic: Future booted from Drake’s tour, files $1.5 million lawsuit  (Read 534 times)

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Future booted from Drake’s tour, files $1.5 million lawsuit
« on: October 15, 2013, 12:26:04 PM »
Drake and Future are facing off in a $1.5 million feud after Drake demanded supporting act Future be kicked off his tour in a beef over a Billboard article, Page Six can exclusively reveal.

Drake was booked to tour with Future and R&B singer Miguel on a 39-city schedule kicking off Friday in Pittsburgh.

Future went to Billboard magazine’s office on Oct. 4 to give editors a listen to his latest album, “Honest.” Associate editor Erika Ramirez published a story with quotes from Future, which she also posted on her Twitter feed.

“Not only is future’s #honest album interesting, so are his thoughts on Drake’s #NWTS album,” Ramirez wrote. She then went on to quote Future: “ ‘Drake made an album that is full of hits but it doesn’t grab you. They’re not possessive; they don’t make you feel the way I do’ — Future.”

After reading the story, Future’s horrified managers argued with the mag that his quotes were off the record and taken out of context. We’re told the online story was edited, but Ramirez didn’t delete her tweets.

Drake — whose previous rap feud with Chris Brown ended in a violent bottle fight between their entourages in a club last year — was so angry, he immediately demanded Future be booted from the tour. “He told his agent either Future gets fired, or he’ll fire him,” a source told us.

Future was fired, but then negotiations started to bring him back late last week. But over the weekend, Future pulled out for good after Drake’s camp demanded he make financial concessions. Future, who was set to earn about $40,000 per gig, is set to file a lawsuit this week against Drake for lost wages, or about $1.5 million.

The rappers’ beef is the latest drama in Drake’s tour. Last month, about a dozen dates were pushed back and rescheduled.

Reps for both Drake and Future had no comment. A rep for Billboard told us: “We regret that miscommunication surrounding Future’s recent visit, one that seemed clear to us was on the record, may have caused any trouble for the artist.”

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Future booted from Drake’s tour, files $1.5 million lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 12:41:56 PM »
Drake better not worry about this beef. He's about to get dissed on national TV by Kendrick.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 01:44:58 PM »
smfh beefs in hip-hop are so fuckin gay nowadays.. whats the over/under that 1 of these cats on this tour pulls a frank ocean when their career starts fallin off?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 05:29:47 PM »
smfh beefs in hip-hop are so fuckin gay nowadays..

Okka

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 04:51:35 AM »
Drake better not worry about this beef. He's about to get dissed on national TV by Kendrick.

I thought Kendrick was goin' at Papoose?

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 04:59:06 AM »
does anyone really care?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Okka

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 08:12:41 AM »
On topic though, this was some hoe shit from Drake.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 09:31:07 AM »

I thought Kendrick was goin' at Papoose?

Both of them.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 01:08:03 PM »
What a complete idiot. Shut your mouth, you were about to be stacking $40,000 per gig and blew it cuz you're a loudmouth.  I hope someone at least slapped him upside the head.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 01:34:58 PM »
He still may get paid and not even have to perform.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 01:41:52 PM »
He still may get paid and not even have to perform.

Drake is half joo, joos own the courts and protect their own. Bet he won't have to pay.

bouli77

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 01:50:29 PM »
On topic though, this was some hoe shit from Drake.

for real, dudes are so emotional and egotistical they can't handle a contradictory opinion. it's not like drake was gonna lose money because of this statement or anything. the worst part about it was that future put it very respectfully and politely.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 02:46:51 PM »
I don't care about this guy, but he is back on the tour

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

BIGWORM