Author Topic: Daz and Dr. Dre  (Read 1867 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Daz and Dr. Dre
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 09:15:10 PM »
It's funny, you ever notice that Quik does not fuck with Daz either? Quik does endless production for Snoop and Kurupt, messes with other DPG affiliates like Terrace, but never works with Daz. You never see them chilling or in pictures together. My impression is that since Quik is a genius, he just gets offended by Daz's low IQ.

When Daz posted the original tracklist for the album with WC it had features from Quik.

I'd assume with those 2 its either gang related issues or egos over All Eyez On Me.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

MOBNigga06

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 09:51:34 PM »
It's funny, you ever notice that Quik does not fuck with Daz either? Quik does endless production for Snoop and Kurupt, messes with other DPG affiliates like Terrace, but never works with Daz. You never see them chilling or in pictures together. My impression is that since Quik is a genius, he just gets offended by Daz's low IQ.

When Daz posted the original tracklist for the album with WC it had features from Quik.

I'd assume with those 2 its either gang related issues or egos over All Eyez On Me.

What was the track with Quik called? It would have been dope to hear Quik on the Daz/WC album. Wonder why it didn't happen. Maybe WC had an old verse from Quik around and thought about using it, then chose not to. 
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Okka

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 04:38:28 AM »

You sure that it was Daz who posted the original tracklist? I remember the one that was made up. It was supposed to have a beat from Scott Storch etc.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 06:56:32 AM »
Whether it's because he wanted to make himself out to be a better producer than he really was, Daz was saying shit about Dre, particularly stuff about Dre allegedly stealing production credits from other people on Death Row.  True or not, don't think that Dre is going to take it lightly and want to be buddies again after time passes, especially when Dre blew up and was in a position of leverage.  And that's why Daz was pretty much the only ex-Death Row act who still had a career but didn't get invited to his Up in Smoke tour or chronic 2001.
fixed.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 07:28:54 AM »
Daz/Dre situation is clearly ... The Chronic and Doggstyle have a huge contribuition of Daz. Dr Dre don't give the credits to Daz.
Not even in interviews Dre mentions Daz help w/ the 2 Projects.

Later, in 95' Dre didn't matter to help in the production of Dogg Food..it made ​​things worse.

After Pac came and Daz got all his credits on All Eyez On Me..strange? Pac and Daz began to face Dr.Dre.."The Got My Mind Made Up" episode..since then things have never been the same.

DJ Quik/Daz situation...the only thing that can be iis that DJ Quik was scaled by Suge to mix "All Eyez on Me", and he put final touches in various tracks ( including Daz produced tracks) and I think Daz was jealous about it, beacause he was DeathRow producer-in-house and DJ Quik was "just" Suge homie from The Tree Top Piru times .

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 08:23:32 AM »
Tupac heard the "Got My Mind Made Up" beat and asked Dr. Dre who made it and Dre said he did, then he found out that it was actually made by Daz. That probably was what made Tupac hate Dre. At first he wasn't really dissin' Dre, he was on radio sayin' that "Dre is a dope producer, but he hasn't worked in years" and stuff like that. I still really think that it was Suge who made Pac start talkin' mad shit about Dr. Dre, callin' him gay and all that shit. Suge wasn't happy at all that Dr. Dre was leavin' the label.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 08:40:40 AM »
snoop resented Dre leaving Death Row without consulting him first cause Snoop said in an interview he woulda considered bouncing with him but he never really dissed him and always gave him the utmost respect. even in the Da Game booklet he shouts out Dre and says something like "get at me, nigga". if you think about it Daz took that shit too far and talked too much shit and that's prolly why he burnt bridges for ever with him.

daz not being included on tha up in smoke tour was fair game IMO, dude was feuding with Snoop and talked shit about Dre, was featured on Chronic 2000 quite a lot (even if Kurupt was too, to an extent), it's not like they were goin to embrace him like that.

Dre and Snoop worked together in '96. Snoop was on the original version of "Zoom". I can't remember the reason why it wasn't released though.

I always thought the intro of "Tha Doggfather" was aimed at Dre. "This is dedicated to the niggas that said gangsta rap was dead, fuck y'all." That was when Dre said that gangsta rap was dead in his opinion and he wanted to start makin' different music and more R&B and all that bullshit. We all know how that worked out.

I got a picture of Dre, Daz, Snoop, B-Real and Nate Dogg playin' Playstation and they got the Dual Analog Controllers that came out in '97. So they were cool at some point.
zoom wit snoop wasn't released cause suge wouldn't let it be released by then dre had left death row.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2013, 09:54:35 AM »
Daz/Dre situation is clearly ... The Chronic and Doggstyle have a huge contribuition of Daz. Dr Dre don't give the credits to Daz.
But it's not like Dr. Dre was the one making the booklets and writing in the credits.  Both of those albums' booklets were lacking in information and just had a blanket statement of "produced by Dr. Dre," but remember that Dre was taking a long time, and Suge somewhat rushed both albums before they were 100% ready (at least to Dre's liking), so they may not have had time to go back and properly credit each song individually.

Later, in 95' Dre didn't matter to help in the production of Dogg Food..it made ​​things worse.
Supposedly Daz, being a good producer himself, wanted the Dogg Pound album to be produced just by him, or at least not with Dre's help (as DJ Pooh did do New York, New York).  But he did adlib a bit in a song or two, so it's not like they didn't want him around or Dre didn't want to be a part of it.

bouli77

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 10:09:55 AM »

Supposedly Daz, being a good producer himself, wanted the Dogg Pound album to be produced just by him, or at least not with Dre's help (as DJ Pooh did do New York, New York).  But he did adlib a bit in a song or two, so it's not like they didn't want him around or Dre didn't want to be a part of it.

Dre mixed the whole record, and according to Snoop, ghostproduced a good chunk of the album. songs like Respect and Let's Play House have what would become Dre's signature sound in years to come with the heavy piano chords. apparently dre was taking too long to mix the records and they had to rush him.

http://politicalpalace.yuku.com/topic/9745#.Um_rgVO9bGI

Daz Dillinger - Me and him did the whole album but we made the sound for everybody. I was doing the beats and Dre mixed it down or we had somebody else mix it down, but we had to fight and pull a gun on Dre to mix my @#%$. He was on some other @#%$.

Okka

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 10:23:59 AM »

"Can't C Us" was supposed to be on "Dogg Food", but according to Daz, he didn't want it on the album.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2013, 10:48:52 AM »
But it's not like Dr. Dre was the one making the booklets and writing in the credits.  Both of those albums' booklets were lacking in information and just had a blanket statement of "produced by Dr. Dre," but remember that Dre was taking a long time, and Suge somewhat rushed both albums before they were 100% ready (at least to Dre's liking), so they may not have had time to go back and properly credit each song individually.

Dr.Dre had control over the credits. He are the artist (Chronic) and main producer (Doggstyle) .. and he was partner of Suge on Death Row. He cut Daz and Warren G on the credits.All credits.

Daz and Kurupt wanted Dr.Dre production on Dogg Food..Dr.Dre was hot in the moment..The Chronic sold millions..Doggstyle too..you think they didn't Dre productions on DF?

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 12:26:10 PM »
Dr.Dre had control over the credits. He are the artist (Chronic) and main producer (Doggstyle) .. and he was partner of Suge on Death Row. He cut Daz and Warren G on the credits.All credits.
Dre was not the one typing up the album inserts, and on the later albums, Dre wasn't in control anymore of the company.  According to Big C-Style, the original LBC Crew compilation evolved into what became Murder Was the Case once SUGE got involved and wanted to throw some of his own acts on there... which is why the first half is stuff by Dre, Cube, Snoop and other Dogg Pound acts, then the second half of the album had people like Jodeci, Quik, Young Soldierz and OFTB.  That complete shift wasn't Dre's doing.  So he definitely wasn't in the driver's seat.

Daz and Kurupt wanted Dr.Dre production on Dogg Food..Dr.Dre was hot in the moment..The Chronic sold millions..Doggstyle too..you think they didn't Dre productions on DF?
Dre was still making dope beats, but Chronic and Doggystyle were already a couple of years old, and in between those albums and Dogg Food, all that came out from Death Row was Above the Rim and Murder Was the Case, which between the two of them contained only SIX tracks with Dre production (with some of them also giving credits to Sam Sneed, Daz or a couple others), out of 34 songs.  Hot?  Yes.  But the fact that those albums both went double platinum despite having much less Dre production than prior Death Row albums showed that they could make it, with or without him.

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2013, 11:16:17 AM »

I'd assume with those 2 its either gang related issues

lmfao...it's hilarious how people on here think

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2013, 11:18:11 AM »

u realize dre ghost-produced about half that album, right?

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2013, 11:49:59 AM »

maybe Quik didn't liked how daz ripped off his own fans with the makaveli bootleg. that jack move from daz is unforgivable, taking money from the fans and didn't deliver a single fart for it