Author Topic: Were Daz's AEOM beats actually DJ Quik beats?  (Read 1972 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Were Daz's AEOM beats actually DJ Quik beats?
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2013, 10:25:38 AM »
I DISAGREE..I MEAN, SURE, QUIK HAD HIS HAND IN SHIT, BUT DAZ WAS THE MAN BEHIND THOSE BEATS...SKANDALOUZ SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE ON DOGG FOOD, EASILY
word !
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2013, 08:49:01 PM »
Daz=top 5 produced in west coast hip-hop history.. Get mad

Can even go TOP 3 - 2 -1 DRE, Warren & Daz fights for it in my books - love em =)

Nah, that ain't right, DJ Quik is the best producer in west coast hip hop history, and Battlecat is the 2nd best. The others come after them two geniuses.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2013, 12:24:39 AM »
I have a theory based on some observations:

1) The beats attributed to Daz on All Eyez on Me are some of the greatest beats in the history of rap music.
2) Daz has produced nothing even remotely comparable in quality since All Eyez On Me.
3) Quik's contract with Priority limited the amount of work he was officially allowed to do for Death Row, so he worked under the table and produced under other peoples' names.
4) Skandalouz definitely sounds like a DJ Quik beat. It sounds like no other beat Daz ever produced.
5) I Ain't Mad At Cha samples DeBarge. This is sophisticated music, the sort of stuff Quik makes. It sounds like no other Daz beat.

My theory: all of the beats on All Eyez On Me that are attributed to Daz are actually beats by DJ Quik. Daz was listed as producer because of Quik's contract with Priority.

This is the only theory that makes sense. No producer has ever made such high quality beats and then made nothing similar. Daz hasn't made a track like Skandalouz or I Ain't Mad At Cha since 1996. Quik, on the other hand, has never fallen off, and is still a genius producer to this day. 

Another great thread from you homie..... props.  Although, I certainly don't agree, and I don't think Quik was ghost producing for Daz.. it is interesting to think that his beats on All Eyez On Me were somehow different from everything else he has ever produced.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2013, 12:30:49 AM »

Come on homie.. that's not a laudatory statement but actually a diss to call Daz "top 5 West Coast".

Daz is "TOP 2 EVER (any coast)".  It's Dre, then Daz... then everyone else!

Game-Won

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2013, 03:16:17 AM »

Come on homie.. that's not a laudatory statement but actually a diss to call Daz "top 5 West Coast".

Take em to chuuurch!.
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Mr. Theo

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2013, 06:12:02 AM »

Man.. Daz is a great producer.. but no way he is better than Quik and Battlecat.

Only LA based, Producer No order... divide in groups .

Extra Genius: DJ Quik and Dr. Dre

Genius: Battlecat,Cold 187,Warren G,Tony G, Johnny J,Rhythm D,Eazy-E

Greats: Daz,DJ Glaze,DJ Crazy Toones,Fredwreck,Dobbs The Wino,Skee-Lo,DJ Uneek,Chilly Chill,Sir Jynx,DJ Pooh,DJ Muggs,Tha Chill,The Egyptian Lover,Hi-C,Tony-A,Afrika Islam,Ice-T,QDIII,King T and list goes on..

Honorable mention: Ice Cube ( He produced dope shit on K-Dee album)

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2013, 09:20:17 PM »

Can even go TOP 3 - 2 -1 DRE, Warren & Daz fights for it in my books - love em =)

1. Dre 2. Daz 3. Warren G.... then everyone else

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2013, 09:25:29 PM »
Daz work on nate dogg's g-funk clAssics vol.1 was just as smooth and well produced... Check nate dogg's "why" and "wanted dead or alive"  they're straight funky smooth tracks with strong bass lines and great mixing. Hi work on "doggfather " has the vibe as well. Even daz work on rage's album is very reminiscent of the "all eyes on me" ... I mean I know those PAC tracks are classic but daz work was just as dope as fuck before check "above the rim" and "murder was the case" his work there was way ahead if it's time as they still sound clear and well produced to this day. Daz should just take his time with the beats like he did before that's all those tracks were replayed by different musicians as time went on I'm sure before they were released daz spoke on that on rap city years ago before "dogg food" came out. Daz said he would turn his tracks in to Dre and Dre would add take away or tell him to change shit . The work used to be over produced for clarity and quality now it's not ... That's explanation to why it's so different now... Stop putting out albums evey 5 minutes and make some shit worth buying again ...

Co-sign

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2013, 09:31:22 PM »
"Dogg Food" a dark album? Only "dark" beat on the album is "Dogg Pound Gangstaz". I guess people have really different opinions on what is "dark".

It's hard.. meaning it's dark.  That shit was pretty intense back in the day.  I remember when it came out it was actually too hard for a lot of rap fans to digest.  The beats, the lyrics, it all hit hard and definitely wasn't anything for pop fans.  But Death Row was in it's prime so it still managed to sell 2Xplatinum.  

I love the part on the Show documentary where Suge is bragging about the Dogg Pound how they weren't Hollywood and didn't care about having their hair done and shit, but that they just dropped their shit and it was dope

thegooddoc

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2013, 09:35:50 PM »
Either Daz didn't produce his own beats or one day he woke up and forgot how to produce.  I don't see how he could have went from doing the AOEM beats to just completely unable to do a decent beat and buying beats from other producers. 

If you are comparing beats, Daz had some real nice beats back in the day.  But if you are comparing producers, Daz doesn't even come into the conversation as to great west coast producers.  It is really sad because he fell off pretty hard. 

MOBNigga06

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2013, 09:45:54 PM »
Either Daz didn't produce his own beats or one day he woke up and forgot how to produce.  I don't see how he could have went from doing the AOEM beats to just completely unable to do a decent beat and buying beats from other producers. 

If you are comparing beats, Daz had some real nice beats back in the day.  But if you are comparing producers, Daz doesn't even come into the conversation as to great west coast producers.  It is really sad because he fell off pretty hard. 

To me, what you've written is undeniably true. When Daz and Kurupt were dissing each other, I think Kurupt really hit the nail on the head when he said: "You need to stop rappin and listen to All Eyez On Me, so you can practice who you used to be."
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2013, 11:50:39 PM »

Daz had already done enough in the 90's to be the 2nd best producer of all time.  He didn't need to make any more great beats after Death Row, he had already done enough.   

Matty

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2013, 06:57:06 AM »

Daz had already done enough in the 90's to be the 2nd best producer of all time.  He didn't need to make any more great beats after Death Row, he had already done enough.   

who would #1 be?

Okka

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2013, 08:54:56 AM »

Man.. Daz is a great producer.. but no way he is better than Quik and Battlecat.

Greats: Daz,DJ Glaze,DJ Crazy Toones,Fredwreck,Dobbs The Wino,Skee-Lo,DJ Uneek,Chilly Chill,Sir Jynx,DJ Pooh,DJ Muggs,Tha Chill,The Egyptian Lover,Hi-C,Tony-A,Afrika Islam,Ice-T,QDIII,King T and list goes on..

DJ Crazy Toones? Can you name 25 dope beats he made?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2013, 09:16:24 AM »

DJ Crazy Toones? Can you name 25 dope beats he made?
his contributions to wc & the maad circle is substantial.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.