Author Topic: Were Daz's AEOM beats actually DJ Quik beats?  (Read 1970 times)

Sccit

Re: Were Daz's AEOM beats actually DJ Quik beats?
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 08:32:42 PM »
I DISAGREE..I MEAN, SURE, QUIK HAD HIS HAND IN SHIT, BUT DAZ WAS THE MAN BEHIND THOSE BEATS...SKANDALOUZ SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE ON DOGG FOOD, EASILY

Nah, man, Dogg Food has a real 'dark' vibe to it. It's a great album, but it's a night time album. Skandalouz has the California sun embedded in the beat, that's a day time song.

SKANDALOUZ ABOUT AS DARK AS SO MUCH STYLE, ONE BY ONE, LETS PLAY HOUSE, REALITY, I DONT LIKE 2 DREAM BOUT GETTIN PAID

IN FACT, NOW THAT IM THINKIN OF THE TRACKS, THE PRODUCTION TO SKANDALOUZ DEFINITELY SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS DONE BY THE SAME DUDE.

Okka

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 03:03:13 AM »
"Dogg Food" a dark album? Only "dark" beat on the album is "Dogg Pound Gangstaz". I guess people have really different opinions on what is "dark".

bouli77

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2013, 03:17:58 AM »
"Dogg Food" a dark album? Only "dark" beat on the album is "Dogg Pound Gangstaz". I guess people have really different opinions on what is "dark".

a case could be made for respect and cyco lic no being dark songs too, the menacing piano chords on respect and the repetitive beat on cyco lic no. but other than that yeah it's not a dakr album. still, it's not your average summertime g-funk album.

either way Skandalouz has Quik and Daz written all over it, and it could belong to Dogg Food just as easily. it's funny but I never viewed it as a "day time song", but more of a sunset song and night song.

Okka

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2013, 04:13:52 AM »
Yeah, "Cyco-Lic-No" has a little dark vibe to it. "A Doggz Day Afternoon" too.

Will_B

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2013, 04:44:44 AM »
In a fairly recent Michel'le interview she mentioned how as a backing vocalist her part was also working on arrangement of the track

So you know Nate Dogg had a big role in the making of the Skandalouz beat too. It was a group thing, but the producers ear is taking care of every aspect too

Fresh Bone

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »
Daz's production on Nate Dogg's - G Funk Classics have a lot of songs in common with Skandalouz. Also, whether rightly claimed or not, Ain't No Fun is similar too. I'm sure if you look at Daz's production credits from 92-97, he had a sound which is in line with Skandalouz (albeit with DJ Quik's hand in it too.)

MOBNigga06

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 09:09:27 PM »
thats false only thing quik did was mixx my music  thats it but its all DAZ

"You need to stop rappin and listen to All Eyez on Me, so you can practice who you used to be" - Kurupt

On the real though, Daz, I love Skandalouz and the other AEOM tracks, please make some more beats like that and you will save West Coast hip hop forever.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

soopa-man

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 11:45:43 PM »
Daz work on nate dogg's g-funk clAssics vol.1 was just as smooth and well produced... Check nate dogg's "why" and "wanted dead or alive"  they're straight funky smooth tracks with strong bass lines and great mixing. Hi work on "doggfather " has the vibe as well. Even daz work on rage's album is very reminiscent of the "all eyes on me" ... I mean I know those PAC tracks are classic but daz work was just as dope as fuck before check "above the rim" and "murder was the case" his work there was way ahead if it's time as they still sound clear and well produced to this day. Daz should just take his time with the beats like he did before that's all those tracks were replayed by different musicians as time went on I'm sure before they were released daz spoke on that on rap city years ago before "dogg food" came out. Daz said he would turn his tracks in to Dre and Dre would add take away or tell him to change shit . The work used to be over produced for clarity and quality now it's not ... That's explanation to why it's so different now... Stop putting out albums evey 5 minutes and make some shit worth buying again ...

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2013, 06:50:44 AM »
I DISAGREE..I MEAN, SURE, QUIK HAD HIS HAND IN SHIT, BUT DAZ WAS THE MAN BEHIND THOSE BEATS...SKANDALOUZ SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE ON DOGG FOOD, EASILY

Nah, man, Dogg Food has a real 'dark' vibe to it. It's a great album, but it's a night time album. Skandalouz has the California sun embedded in the beat, that's a day time song.

SKANDALOUZ ABOUT AS DARK AS SO MUCH STYLE, ONE BY ONE, LETS PLAY HOUSE, REALITY, I DONT LIKE 2 DREAM BOUT GETTIN PAID

IN FACT, NOW THAT IM THINKIN OF THE TRACKS, THE PRODUCTION TO SKANDALOUZ DEFINITELY SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS DONE BY THE SAME DUDE.

"So Much Style", "I Don't Like To Dream About Gettin Paid", "Reality", "Skandalouz" ... all this Death Row / Daz ish was recorded the same year, in the same studios.
DOGG FOOD recording sessions finished in the last days of september 1995. 2Pac began ALL EYEZ ON ME at Can-Am in October...
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2013, 08:43:51 AM »
Daz=top 5 produced in west coast hip-hop history.. Get mad

HighEyeCue

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2013, 09:03:49 AM »
He done a lot more on that album than he got credit for

not only on that album

Game-Won

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2013, 09:04:29 AM »
Daz=top 5 produced in west coast hip-hop history.. Get mad

Can even go TOP 3 - 2 -1 DRE, Warren & Daz fights for it in my books - love em =)
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Saber

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2013, 09:34:24 AM »
Nate Dogg's "She's Strange" off the G-Funk Classics has a similar vibe/sound as Skandalouz. Daz truly is one of the best westcoast producers hands down.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2013, 09:58:54 AM »
one of my fav. daz beats -   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »
Daz is a great producer..but he is not a perfectionist like Quik and Dre.

And in recent years Daz was very lazy when it comes to production.

Your last good album produced by him was "Public Enemiez".

West Coast Gangsta Shit is really good, but Daz don't helped on production.

Todau, i think Soopafly better than him.

Peace

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF