Author Topic: If U Ain't Fuckin  (Read 827 times)

MOBNigga06

Re: If U Ain't Fuckin
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 09:52:10 PM »
Wow, I had no idea that Quik and 2nd II None were the Chocolate Lovelites.

Is it just the three of them or is Playa Hamm (or someone else?) up in the mix?

But really there are a few voices on the track that I don't think are them. You know the real deep voice singing at the end of Whateva U Do and in the chorus of Thinkin Bout U on Rhythmalism? I think it sounds like that guy's on the If U Ain't Fuckin track.

thinkin bout u
 deep voice was kk.....dee was on it too...at the end...

whateva u do was will hudspeth...he sings on alot of quiks later stuff...like we still party, whateva u do, pitch in on a party, change da game, sex crymee, oh well, get tha money on the deep blue sea soundtrack..

playa hamm wasnt in the mixx...jus dee kk n quik...

quik singin on the hook along with kk...on if u aint fuckin...also on princess with kk james n el debarge...n he is singin with k.k on nu woman..

quik can change his voice...he has done it alot...nobody hook...the behind the scenes...footage..when he starts singin what a fool believe with suga free...u'd swear it was michael mcdonald......

Man, props for all this info, you know your shit!

What other songs have Quik singing the choruses? It's crazy to know that's him singing the high notes on If U Ain't Fuckin. Alot of geniuses can change their voice and impersonate people perfectly, so it makes sense that Quik can do this. I think the difference between his normal voice and his singing voice is greater than the difference between KK/D and their singing voice.

Who is in the 9 Inch Dix? Is that also rappers pretending to be singers, or is that a mixture of rappers and singers?

honestly...aint no telling...how many other songs he's sung on...pff head i know he jus broke out singin on tip toe on street gospel...n pretty sure he is singin on if u stay ready...inside out

It makes sense now why Quik liked to collaborate with El Debarge and James Debarge. Besides the fact that they're dope, they're also two singers who can hit the high notes in ways that Quik cannot. But Quik is himself able to sing well enough not to need average RnB singers. He needed to fuck with two of the greatest.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 10:43:11 AM »

It makes sense now why Quik liked to collaborate with El Debarge and James Debarge. Besides the fact that they're dope, they're also two singers who can hit the high notes in ways that Quik cannot. But Quik is himself able to sing well enough not to need average RnB singers. He needed to fuck with two of the greatest.

quik like to collaborate because he was a fan first...n at them time...james wasnt doin nuthin...n el nickle n dimin projects..only work he had that was steady was workin with chico..

quik helped both alot....james jus fell victim to the family curse....harder than el....because el could always find work...

Mr. Theo

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 12:41:14 PM »
Curious Facts:

Sexy Leroy and The Chocolate Lovelitez are DJ Quik,KK and Gangsta D

Tha Bombudd was sung by DJ Quik and Cookie (former DJ Quik wife)

Good Thing ( on Red Tape Mixtape) (cover of Yellowman "If You Should Lose Me) - 1st verse Quik, 2nd verse Dee, 3rd verse KK, all the 3 sing the chorus.

If U Ain't Fuckin = Quik,KK,Dee

Let Me Rip Tonite = Quik,KK and Dee

Me Wanna Rip Ya Girl = Quik ( imitating Yellowman )

Str8-G - Bring The Funk (Remix) - Chorus: Quik, KK and Dee ..Talkbox: Quik

Didn't Mean to Turn You On = Chorus: Dee, Quik and KK

Somethin' 4 tha Mood = Chorus: Dee,KK,Quik,G-One,Rob "Fonksta" Bacon

Tha Ho In You = Sunshine Ray Intro: KK , Chorus: Dee and Hi-C , Sexy Leroy at End: Dee

Tanqueray = Chorus: DJ Quik

Suga Free - Don't No Suckaz Live Here = Chorus: Rob "Fonksta" Bacon

Suga Free - Tip Toe = Chorus Ad Libs : DJ Quik

Suga Free - Secrets = Chorus: Dee ( This is a interpolation of a Beatles song) AMAZING!!!!

Suga Free - If U Stay Ready = Chorus: It's not El Debarge...it is Robert "Fonksta" Bacon imitating a falsetto!!!

We Still Party =  Chorus: Dionne Knighton and Will Hudspeth

Whateva U Do = Chorus: Dionne Knighton and Will Hudspeth . Ad-Libs at end : El Debarge ( Not Credited )

Thinkin' Bout U = Chorus: Dee and KK

Bombudd II = Quik imitates the El Debarge voice

AMG - Soak Me Baby = Chorus: DJ Quik

2nd II None - Ain't Nothing Wrong = Chorus: Quik, Dee and KK

2nd II None - Let The Rhythm Take You = Chorus : AMG,Quik, KK and Dee

I Don't Wanna Party Wit U = Chorus: Suga Free

FUN FACT !!!! Listen!!!

Hi-C first album contains a song called "2 Ada Time" . It's featuring KK and Produced by Hi-C and Tony A.

At the end, KK and Hi-C singing the final chorus imitating females..and on 2:09 at the end have one crazy laugh .. CRAZY LAUGH : DJ Quik .

It's to fun find these lost - credits vocals on Quik-Skanless crew songs.

Peace

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 06:19:49 PM »
Dunno if somebody mentioned this, also with Quik on the hook:

MOBNigga06

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 06:56:10 PM »
Curious Facts:

Sexy Leroy and The Chocolate Lovelitez are DJ Quik,KK and Gangsta D

Tha Bombudd was sung by DJ Quik and Cookie (former DJ Quik wife)

Good Thing ( on Red Tape Mixtape) (cover of Yellowman "If You Should Lose Me) - 1st verse Quik, 2nd verse Dee, 3rd verse KK, all the 3 sing the chorus.

If U Ain't Fuckin = Quik,KK,Dee

Let Me Rip Tonite = Quik,KK and Dee

Me Wanna Rip Ya Girl = Quik ( imitating Yellowman )

Str8-G - Bring The Funk (Remix) - Chorus: Quik, KK and Dee ..Talkbox: Quik

Didn't Mean to Turn You On = Chorus: Dee, Quik and KK

Somethin' 4 tha Mood = Chorus: Dee,KK,Quik,G-One,Rob "Fonksta" Bacon

Tha Ho In You = Sunshine Ray Intro: KK , Chorus: Dee and Hi-C , Sexy Leroy at End: Dee

Tanqueray = Chorus: DJ Quik

Suga Free - Don't No Suckaz Live Here = Chorus: Rob "Fonksta" Bacon

Suga Free - Tip Toe = Chorus Ad Libs : DJ Quik

Suga Free - Secrets = Chorus: Dee ( This is a interpolation of a Beatles song) AMAZING!!!!

Suga Free - If U Stay Ready = Chorus: It's not El Debarge...it is Robert "Fonksta" Bacon imitating a falsetto!!!

We Still Party =  Chorus: Dionne Knighton and Will Hudspeth

Whateva U Do = Chorus: Dionne Knighton and Will Hudspeth . Ad-Libs at end : El Debarge ( Not Credited )

Thinkin' Bout U = Chorus: Dee and KK

Bombudd II = Quik imitates the El Debarge voice

AMG - Soak Me Baby = Chorus: DJ Quik

2nd II None - Ain't Nothing Wrong = Chorus: Quik, Dee and KK

2nd II None - Let The Rhythm Take You = Chorus : AMG,Quik, KK and Dee

I Don't Wanna Party Wit U = Chorus: Suga Free

FUN FACT !!!! Listen!!!

Hi-C first album contains a song called "2 Ada Time" . It's featuring KK and Produced by Hi-C and Tony A.

At the end, KK and Hi-C singing the final chorus imitating females..and on 2:09 at the end have one crazy laugh .. CRAZY LAUGH : DJ Quik .

It's to fun find these lost - credits vocals on Quik-Skanless crew songs.

Peace

Man, you a real nigga, I'm glad other people love Quik's music as much as I do. Very interesting to realize who is singing on these tracks.

There can be no doubt: DJ Quik is America's most complete artist.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 07:36:16 PM »
That's them dude. "The Chocolate Love-Lites" was their alter-egos.

yep...

they been doin it since the underground tapes..

hell quik n his sister were in a singin group 2gether..called the underneet band

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNzjo0Zcqq8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hNzjo0Zcqq8</a>the underneet group when quik was jus a teen...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_C_7cVgvS4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5_C_7cVgvS4</a> --the same group 25+ yrs later

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/G_a_szW145c" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/G_a_szW145c</a>...still suprise ppl never put 2 n 2 together with this song...

i remember back in the 90s quik was mad at alot of the r&b groups...n even dissed em at the end of way 2 fonky album..

crazy to think alot of quik fans still dont know...quik n 2nd ii none...were the chocolate luvlites....where u think snoop got the 9 inch dix idea from...same with the jamaican stuff..

ahhaha Quik imitate a young michael jackson on the undernnet band videos...hilarious!!!

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 11:24:50 AM »
lol that video is straight classic