Author Topic: Swizz Beatz: My ONLY Concern Right Now Is Working On DMX’s Comeback Album  (Read 489 times)

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
In 1998, Swizz Beatz produced the majority of DMX’s sophomore album, Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood which went on to sell over 3 million records. 15 years later, Swizz Beatz spoke with Sway on RapFix Live to reveal that his main priority is DMX’s comeback album.

While stating that he and The LOX are already “10 songs deep” into their new album, the Ruff Ryder legendary producer stated DMX is his main priority and even hinted that X might be returning to rare form:

Everything is DMX for me right now. It’s my main focus because it’s what started everything. So, if I don’t focus on that, then it’s just not right. He’s been going through a lot of different things but … he’s DMX! He’s good; he’s in good vibes. But wait until y’all hear this music though — y’all gon’ really know how he is. We working hard on that and I can’t wait. I can’t wait.

Okka

I hope he won't fuck up the new LOX album like he did with "We Are The Streets".

HighEyeCue

I guess DMX is recording in between arrests

J. B A N A N A S

Hip Hop needs this. I get depressed when I think about the younger heads looking up to A$AP Rocky with his skirt and fashion model records.

Will_B

Swizz can GTFO

Much rather see DMX workin with Dame Grease again

Blood$

Much rather see DMX workin with Dame Grease again

Grease had a few tracks on X's last album

Swizz had a few good beats this year actually, "Sweet Serenade" being one of them... if he gives X those type of beats I wouldn't mind

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
just as it was in 98 99 i ONLY give a shit about swizz beats when and if hes working on a dmx album.

and honestly i only wanna hear X on swizz beats. i think him and dame laid the foundation and complimented each other best on the debut album but dames in a difff place right now hes doing albums for riff raff etc. his shit with max b was tight though i just havent heard much from dame grease in min that moved me.

Blood$

yeah Dame Grease went for more of a "laid back" sound in the past few years especially with Max B

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Swizz drops one good beat a year lol. Can't imagine an entire album of him coming correct.

BabyBird

x is dope

doggfather

Re: Swizz Beatz: My ONLY Concern Right Now Is Working On DMX’s Comeback Album
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 12:58:45 AM »
come back?? he did an album last year.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 12:16:58 AM »
Swizz "I'd love to be able to play every instrument in the studio but can't so here's a semi coherent cacophony instead" Beatz, huh?

It's good that he's looking out for X for the man put him and his Casio beats in the spotlight in the first place but X needs a real beatmaker if he ever wants to capture the ear of the masses again. What X needs is an executive producer who knows what they are talking about and can focus X long enough (?) to create a coherent experience for the listener.

Personally I believe X still has one, truly fantastic, 7 Day Theory level album left inside him - only problem is is X himself seems to have forgotten the combo to unleash it on the world.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 10:42:25 PM »
What is the last dope Swizz production? That compilation he dropped back in like 02...Big Business I think it was had some dope beats but honestly since then his stuff is like a combo of schizophrenic random beat changes and over repetitive one line hooks.

I would like to see dame grease on there...and that other cat that did a lot of stuff on his first album...his name was like P.Killer or something.

Remedy360

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 11:14:00 PM »
What is the last dope Swizz production? That compilation he dropped back in like 02...Big Business I think it was had some dope beats but honestly since then his stuff is like a combo of schizophrenic random beat changes and over repetitive one line hooks.

I would like to see dame grease on there...and that other cat that did a lot of stuff on his first album...his name was like P.Killer or something.

Yeah, Swizzy is still a big name but a lot of his shit is sounding pretty generic and cheap these days.

Okka

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 01:47:03 AM »
Swizz has too many beats that sound the same. The whole "We Are The Streets" album from The LOX was ruined by his beats.