Author Topic: how did yall get into westcoast "gangsta" rap  (Read 818 times)

Fraxxx

Re: how did yall get into westcoast "gangsta" rap
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 10:14:30 PM »
My first gangsta rap tape was Efil4Zaggin which I got from my father. My first rap tape overall was As Nasty As They Wanna Be from the 2 Live Crew. Which I got from my father. ;D
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 11:04:22 PM »
 Back in primary school when i was like 8-9 i had a friend(s) who had older brothers so i think that may be how it started. I was introduced to ice-t and N.W.A (along with 2 live crew and etc) so this was back in the 80's.
 I remember there was de la soul, a tribe called quest, i really loved naughty by nature, run dmc, etc
 I really didn't know it was west coast or what ever, at first i think i just thought the swearing was funny.
 But hey i mean i loved it. I remember getting into arrested development when i was 12 lol and anyway, once "the chronic" and particularly "doggystyle" came out i was hooked.
 I loved Snoop back then, everybody did, shit blew up, you always heard in at parties and in peopel cars, everyone knows all the words.
 And yeah Coolio, Cypress hill, etc.
 At first i liked what ever hip hop but eventually i realized that i particularly liked west coast. mainly because of Snoop and dre and Warren-G, coolio, etc.
 I liked bone thugs alot too back in the day(not west i know). I remember " i got 5 on it" went big and that led me to get into bay area rap and i was buying heaps of shit from rappers like luniz, dru down, Richie rich, e-40, ETC!

Was funny because most hip hop heads down here are east coast. I had one mate that loved the south(before it blew up), but i was west coast! lol
 Wu tang were dope but i preferred DPG! ha ha
 But east coast got played just as much as west at parties and piss ups.
 i guess even now i buy/follow mostly west coast. I miss the old east coast style too though.

fogcitypimpin

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 11:09:20 PM »
The chronic, menace 2 society soundtrack and the king t triflin album

fogcitypimpin

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 11:11:13 PM »
My bad didnt know this was for euros only....exits out of the thread

Heinz

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 11:31:05 PM »

Matty

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 12:32:52 AM »
getting into funk music, smoking weed, listening to dj quik.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 12:46:05 AM »

lol
etc.
etc.
ETC!

lol
ha ha

Yeah i was trying to keep my post short so i kept adding the etc but it turned out long anyways. bad habit of mine. i do it texting and on face book too.. etc lol.

doggfather

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 01:00:46 AM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Macdaddy_93

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2013, 04:49:04 AM »
Briefly heard Ice - T's O.G back in 1991, it was my sisters, she had borrowed off here then boyfriend. Didnt really know what hip hop was being only 12 at the time. Fast forward to 1993 and this is when my love of hip hop started. There was alot of hype around Doggystyle coming out and i had already purchased "Whats My Name" on tape and loved it so had to buy the album when it dropped. Purchased the album on 5th December 1993 and as the say the rest is history.
"Now i'm the mack daddy, had he, not known about the city where I'm from, dum diddy dum"

Mr. Theo

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 05:26:51 AM »
Coolio - It Takes a Thief brought me here !!!

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

HighEyeCue

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2013, 05:30:35 AM »
was listening to a saturday night mix show on the radio here in NYC and heard NWA's "Alwayz into Something", I think it was around 1991...been hooked ever since

Undisputed

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2013, 01:44:49 PM »
My dad went to the local shop to buy some cds , at that time I believe the chronic had just dropped(wasn't sure I was about 8-9 yrs old) I somehow got him to buy mw the chronic tape ???.Not knowing what songs were on the tape.Thats when I was expose was mad as fuck though too much cussing on the tape.

papa-smurf

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2013, 05:05:17 PM »
im from cali but I ice cube today was a good day music video,eazy e real comton city g's video,dj quik dollars & sense,snoop dogg doggystle is the reason I fell in love with rap music

aerroc

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 08:23:58 PM »
my uncle and his friends were always  bumping it 20 something years ago