Poll

Who won the battle on wax?

"Wit A Dre Day"
4 (33.3%)
"Real Muthafuckin G's"
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: "Wit A Dre Day" or "Real Muthafuckin G's"?  (Read 394 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
"Wit A Dre Day" or "Real Muthafuckin G's"?
« on: November 20, 2013, 10:42:52 PM »
"Wit A Dre Day" is the song that made me a hip-hop head for life.  I was away for a week at MU Tigers basketball camp.  I was 11 years old, and all the older headz were going around saying "Bow Wow Wow Yippee Yo Yippeee Yeah", that was like the catchphrase.  The video was like #2 on MTV, blowing up.  That was it for me, I saw that video the summer of 93' and it changed my life. 

But... that being said, I think "Real Muthafuckin G'z" was also a great West Coast song.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Re: "Wit A Dre Day" or "Real Muthafuckin G's"?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 10:45:16 PM »
both classics, cant really pick between the 2, but lookin back, "real muthafuckin g'z" may have been the better overall cut

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 10:56:41 PM »
both classics, cant really pick between the 2, but lookin back, "real muthafuckin g'z" may have been the better overall cut

bouli77

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 11:04:18 PM »
2 classics,

dre day is the epitome of the banging g-funk track and i used to love snoop's verse when I was younger. the video is classic as well with Warren G, Half Dead, Bushwick Bill, etc.

however Real Muthapphukin' G'z is better to me as they managed to get their points across much more efficiently than Dre & Snoop. Dre sounds akward on the track and doesn't flow really well and Snoop's lines are directed towards Luke mostly and aren't really based on reality, he's just clowning. on the other hand, RMG's has wittier and harder lyrics. it's better written than Dre Day for sure. Eazy E completely destroyed Dre and went straight to the point "all of a sudden dr dre is a g thang but on his own album covers he was a she thang" "dre day only meant eazy's pay day" and Dre'sta & BGKO provided great help with memorable verses. his criticism and his bragadoccio in that case is really justified as Dre played the role of the hardcore gangsta on The Chronic when he was the ghetto nerd of NWA who swore to never smoke weed or sess (but later named his album the chronic). and by pointing that dre's diss makes him richer than he already was, eazy e is flexin his muscles to the world and showing that in any case he'll win this battle. so while Dre's diss may be justified (in regards with his grievances with Eazy), the lyrics for Dre Day aren't more profound than "ima shoot you in compton and blast you in miami" while Eazy managed to expose to the world Dre's inconsistencies and fakeness. to me it illustrates Dre's lack of personality but talent for knowing what works and what doesn't. he seized the mood of the day (by playing the gangsta) and that's what made him a lasting force in the rap game. Eazy took offense at him trying to be more gangsta than him because that most probably was eazy's lifestyle more than dre's and came back with a vicious diss track.

Okka

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 11:48:13 PM »
This thread again? I'm goin' with "Real Muthafuckin G's", that shit destroyed Dre. I love both songs though, classics from classics releases.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 12:02:26 AM »
This thread again? I'm goin' with "Real Muthafuckin G's", that shit destroyed Dre. I love both songs though, classics from classics releases.

Yeah.. "this thread again".. do you have to be a bitch about everything I post?

Okka

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 12:18:34 AM »

Yeah.. "this thread again".. do you have to be a bitch about everything I post?

About everything you post? We've had this same topic many times, that's why i said that.

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 12:45:40 AM »
Wit Dre Day is a banger in general ,but E killed 'em with Real Muthafuckin G's.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 02:50:45 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/G3eXrwel2kg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/G3eXrwel2kg</a>

"Dre Day" (Extended Club Mix)
(performed by Dr Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg)
(addtional vocals : Jewell, RBX, The Lady Of Rage, Ruben RC Cruz)
(remixed by : Dr Dre, Chris The Glove Taylor)
(bass : Chris The Glove Taylor)
(mixed by : Gregski Royal @ Larrabee Sound Studios)

TWO CLASSICS.

The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 03:09:00 AM »
The Extended Club Mix is a 10 min. masterpiece.   8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 05:16:00 AM »
real muthaphukkin' g'z all day.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 05:24:49 AM »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 08:57:17 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/G3eXrwel2kg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/G3eXrwel2kg</a>

TWO CLASSICS.

this is dope but somethin' about this track screams the og version. I remember d.o.c sayin' dre day havin' a different beat until dre updated it wit the version we all know and love today.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 09:29:29 AM »
Normally the diss tracks get people to go back-and-forth, but I remember some interview on TV where Dre let it go, saying something like, "I made my track, and he made his, and it's over."  It could just be maturity, but on the other hand, he could have understood that he just got blown out of the water.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 09:35:56 AM »

8)