Author Topic: Question about Mausberg's Death (and Quik's Lyrics)  (Read 517 times)

MOBNigga06

Question about Mausberg's Death (and Quik's Lyrics)
« on: November 26, 2013, 09:56:32 PM »
Just listened to Quik's track "Does The Good Life Exist?" for the first time in a while and had a question about this lyric. He says:

"And they killed that boy, they shot him dead,
Thinkin he was gon move units like Biggie did, and they could keep his bread
He tried to move his grandma out the hood
They took his loot from him and put him in wood."

It's obvious he's talking about Mausberg here, since Quik often compared Maus to Biggie. Now, I always thought Mausberg was killed in a senseless robbery, but it sounds here like Quik is accusing someone from Mausberg's family of killing him in order to inherit the money made off his Non-Fiction album. Any truth to this?
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Jimmy H.

Re: Question about Mausberg's Death (and Quik's Lyrics)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 11:29:10 PM »
Funny, I never read it that way.  It seemed a little more like a hypothetical tale of industry bullshit.  It didn't seem to personalize it in the way he would if he were talking about Mausberg but could be wrong there,

makaveliapostle

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 04:43:32 AM »
yeah, i never interpreted those lyrics that way.  it's possible though.  mr. theo might have a better guess on this...

Mr. Theo

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 05:52:39 AM »
Just listened to Quik's track "Does The Good Life Exist?" for the first time in a while and had a question about this lyric. He says:

It's obvious he's talking about Mausberg here, since Quik often compared Maus to Biggie. Now, I always thought Mausberg was killed in a senseless robbery, but it sounds here like Quik is accusing someone from Mausberg's family of killing him in order to inherit the money made off his Non-Fiction album. Any truth to this?

On this song, he is blaming Stan Sheppard staff for the murder.

Mausberg murder is a obscure story.

Some people blame it on family, some people blame Sheppard-Lane records, some people blame Tragniew Crips and some people blame Mausberg "girlfriend" at the time.

Quik once said in an interview that Stan Sheppard ordered it. I Don't think so .

I believe this is a rival gang murder.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:59:21 AM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

MOBNigga06

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 08:44:03 PM »

On this song, he is blaming Stan Sheppard staff for the murder.

Mausberg murder is a obscure story.

Some people blame it on family, some people blame Sheppard-Lane records, some people blame Tragniew Crips and some people blame Mausberg "girlfriend" at the time.

Quik once said in an interview that Stan Sheppard ordered it. I Don't think so .

I believe this is a rival gang murder.

Were there ever retaliations for Mausberg's murder? Is the killer still alive or is he thought to be dead?

Stan Sheppard is a shady dude. I read the interview with Quik where he blamed Sheppard for Mausberg's death. He's right about one thing: if Sheppard gave Mausberg his money up front, he could have moved out of the hood.

Then Sheppard steals Mausberg's music and avoids Quik...seems like a bitch to me, whether he killed Maus or not.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

jman91331

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 12:58:13 PM »
A bitch set him up.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 02:48:49 PM »
Dont ask me why or how but I managed to get in touch one time with a tight friend of Mausberg and he told me that Mausberg's killer was in jail for something else and that they were waiting for him to get out of jail and then take care of him..

"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

MOBNigga06

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 08:38:37 PM »
Dont ask me why or how but I managed to get in touch one time with a tight friend of Mausberg and he told me that Mausberg's killer was in jail for something else and that they were waiting for him to get out of jail and then take care of him..

Good. I hope some bitch-ass Crips take a slug for Mausberg. I'm surprised Quik hasn't personally instigated a retaliation.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 03:46:17 AM »

Good. I hope some bitch-ass Crips take a slug for Mausberg. I'm surprised Quik hasn't personally instigated a retaliation.

Because Quik is a smart guy..he's just watching ..he left it to those who are on the streets everyday.

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF