Author Topic: Paul Walker of 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Dead in High-Speed Crash  (Read 555 times)

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

Actor Paul Walker, best known as one of the marquee names in the Fast and The Furious movie franchise, died in a what appeared to be a high-speed car accident in Valencia today.

His management confirmed the death in a Facebook message tonight, saying the 40-year-old was "a passenger in a friend's car, in which both lost their lives."

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department, while withholding the identities of those involved, reported that two people died in a collision in the 28300 block of Rye Canyon Loop about 3:30 p.m.

According to a sheriff's statement:

When they arrived, deputies found the vehicle engulfed in flames. The Los Angeles County Fire Department responded, extinguished the fire and subsequently located two victims inside the vehicle. The victims were pronounced dead at the scene.

Walker's management said he was "attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide."  He was taking a test ride in a Porsche as part of the charity event. The car involved appears to be a red Porsche Carrera GT, a rare Porsche with a V-10 motor that was produced from 2004 to 2007.

Sikotic™

Re: Paul Walker of 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Dead in High-Speed Crash
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 04:34:02 AM »
Why are they killn off so many television characters lately?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 06:17:17 AM »
damn, rip.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Remedy360

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 01:02:10 AM »
That sucks, watched him in a lot of shit growing up. RIP.

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 06:43:10 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_it1E25lxnw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_it1E25lxnw</a>

Why the hell is one guy smiling and laughing? Are those people there to show their respect to Paul and the other victiom or to take pictures of celebs? I can't understand when people act this way.  :(

David Gutterman

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 07:31:39 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_it1E25lxnw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_it1E25lxnw</a>

Why the hell is one guy smiling and laughing? Are those people there to show their respect to Paul and the other victiom or to take pictures of celebs? I can't understand when people act this way.  :(

i don't understand it either, i follow tony jaa on facebook and he’s really a nice dude, he actually talks and answers to his fans because he needs to learn english, so on the daily i am seeing set photo's and pictures of him and his friends on the fast and furious set. and when paul walker died he posted some nice words. and the first thing people asked, What about the movie? Who should replace paul? Who gives a fuck, somebody died! have some fucking respect!

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 10:54:30 AM »
Definitely a big loss to the automotive enthusiast community.  I'm very much into cars (I've owned two Mitsubishi Evos, currently daily driving an Evo IX SE for about seven years) and have known people who have met him.  A girl who I knew in college 10+ years ago had an older brother who used to be Paul Walker's roommate, and she always talked about how nice he was, and even though girls would pretty much throw themselves at him, he was always very gentlemanly and not the type to just take a bunch of girls home and treat them like groupies or anything.  Also, my trusted mechanic who works on my car (and is a trusted guy within the Evo community in Southern California) had met Paul Walker a number of times as well, and I remember he couldn't stop complimenting him about how much he loved cars but shared it with other people.  I doubt that someone like Seinfeld would be as willing to engage in conversation with random people about cars.

I've always been into cars since I can remember, and while a lot of my closer friends during the adolescent years were more into older American cars, I was curious about the import tuner scene, which was coming up.  The Fast and the Furious was announced during my senior year of high school (though the movie itself came out the summer between high school and college for me), and I remember how it just boosted my interest in cars even more, since there was finally a car movie that had cars that I could better relate to, as the closest thing at that time was the one/two minute scene at the beginning of Gone in 60 Seconds where they raced the stolen Porsche 911 against a souped-up Civic with some old bearded white guy in it.

The Fast & Furious franchise won't be the same... I'm sure it will be difficult to finish the movie (as they will certainly require some re-writes) not just in terms of logistics, but it will be hard for the cast and crew to move forward, knowing that Paul Walker isn't there anymore, especially if they change the story to involve Paul Walker's character dying somehow and they have to act in front of the camera regarding something that actually happened.  I'm sure they'll get a bit emotional on the set, especially considering they turned the movie into such a franchise that really got better and better when people didn't think it was possible.  More and more of the auto community got into it as the movies progressed, and they won the respect of other people who may have written off the earlier movies in the beginning.  And these are people who have basically become a family over the past 10-15 years, having appeared in the movies together.  You could see Tyrese just having a tough time with it, since their characters in the movie were childhood homies, and the two of them actually grew quite fond of one another, and you could even see it in the behind-the-scenes footage from 2 Fast 2 Furious.  Vin Diesel was probably a lot like a brother to him.  Jordana Brewster basically played his girlfriend the whole time.  It must be tough for them, but more importantly Paul Walker's family and his teenaged daughter.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 10:28:51 AM »
i'm not gonna lie i wasn't a big fan of his (although i did love the F&F movies HE was in), but i can't help but feel for him and his family i lost many people in my life due to car accidents, and it never stops hurting. such a horrific way to go out. R.I.P.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 01:27:57 PM »
THE ROAD IS NO JOKE..A FEW YEARS BACK, I WAS SMASHIN DOWN A HILL IN A FORD TRUCK AND HIT A DEEP MUD PATCH, TIRES SKIDDED OUT OF CONTROL AND THE TRUCK HIT A BRICK POST AT FULL SPEED.. ROCCY WAS EJECTED FROM THE WHIP+CHEATED DEATH AND IS EXTREMELY LUCKY TO NOT BE PARALYZED.. LUCKILY, HE ONLY FRACTURED HIS NECK/BACK AND HAD A LONG RECOVERY WHERE HE WAS HOME BOUND IN NECK/BACK BRACE FOR MONTHS..MORAL OF THE STORY, BE CAREFUL OUT THERE

RIP AND MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCES TO JAKE AND ANYONE WHO'S LOST A LOVED ONE ON THE ROAD

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 09:23:49 AM »
THE ROAD IS NO JOKE..A FEW YEARS BACK, I WAS SMASHIN DOWN A HILL IN A FORD TRUCK AND HIT A DEEP MUD PATCH, TIRES SKIDDED OUT OF CONTROL AND THE TRUCK HIT A BRICK POST AT FULL SPEED.. ROCCY WAS EJECTED FROM THE WHIP+CHEATED DEATH AND IS EXTREMELY LUCKY TO NOT BE PARALYZED.. LUCKILY, HE ONLY FRACTURED HIS NECK/BACK AND HAD A LONG RECOVERY WHERE HE WAS HOME BOUND IN NECK/BACK BRACE FOR MONTHS..MORAL OF THE STORY, BE CAREFUL OUT THERE

RIP AND MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCES TO JAKE AND ANYONE WHO'S LOST A LOVED ONE ON THE ROAD

bro you were driving like a maniac around that time.. I remember that from when I came out there in 08'.   They do that shit here in the midwest, but in L.A. you are supposed to just cruise and ride out to some smooth shit in the sun.. it's not the place to try to pull Batman stunts.  Only thing I care about in my car is enjoying whatever is playing in the stereo, I don't give a fuck about speeding and road rage and all that other shit people get caught up in.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:25:40 AM by Exit Infinite.. Enter Mekkan Refugee »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 12:34:24 PM »

bro you were driving like a maniac around that time.. I remember that from when I came out there in 08'.   They do that shit here in the midwest, but in L.A. you are supposed to just cruise and ride out to some smooth shit in the sun.. it's not the place to try to pull Batman stunts.  Only thing I care about in my car is enjoying whatever is playing in the stereo, I don't give a fuck about speeding and road rage and all that other shit people get caught up in.

Dawgy, I could be a getaway driver, straight up.. I used to have an Altima 3.5 that SMASHED and muthafuckaz used to be shocked at the stunts I was able to pull off.. Never crashed that whip and always got places in half the time. Then I got a used truck and it was hella flimsy, tires were wearin thin, brakes were ALL BAD (shit would literally shake when hittin the brakes), would veer to the left if u didn't hold the steering wheel .. And I was so used to smashin the Altima that I was driving that truck the same way... Once I hit that mud patch, it was over. In a sports utility, shit woulda been fine.. But in a halfway broken down truck, we stood no chance .. Lesson learned. I'll still smash from time to time, but like u said, LA is a spot for cruisin (unless u truly in a rush).... And I'll never again drive a truck like it was a race car, I'll tell ya that much.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 02:33:50 PM »

Dawgy, I could be a getaway driver, straight up.. I used to have an Altima 3.5 that SMASHED and muthafuckaz used to be shocked at the stunts I was able to pull off.. Never crashed that whip and always got places in half the time. Then I got a used truck and it was hella flimsy, tires were wearin thin, brakes were ALL BAD (shit would literally shake when hittin the brakes), would veer to the left if u didn't hold the steering wheel .. And I was so used to smashin the Altima that I was driving that truck the same way... Once I hit that mud patch, it was over. In a sports utility, shit woulda been fine.. But in a halfway broken down truck, we stood no chance .. Lesson learned. I'll still smash from time to time, but like u said, LA is a spot for cruisin (unless u truly in a rush).... And I'll never again drive a truck like it was a race car, I'll tell ya that much.

Word.. I didn't notice you driving like that in 11'.  Then this last time your shit was impounded so I never saw you drive, lol...  But yeah, you probably remember me hollering at you to slow down back in 08'.  Driving like 100MPH in residential around curves while high, not to mention cars parked randomly throughout the street, may of been alright for you.. but I got a son to think about!!   It wasn't long after I left that your wreck with Roccy happened in 08'. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 10:52:28 PM »
thats the truck you and lights told sik to get in? it musta been cursed. for real though thats crazy getting ejected from a car and everything. did your insurance skyrocket or what?

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.