Author Topic: Summer Breeze or Summer Breeze (Remix) ?  (Read 239 times)

Mr. Theo

Summer Breeze or Summer Breeze (Remix) ?
« on: December 02, 2013, 02:47:34 PM »
Which do you prefer?

Quik said in Complex interview that he prefers the original version, with the Jermaine Jackson sample.

I think this version more fresh, cool w/ the female singer in the chorus

But my favorite is the remix version.. The Teddy Pendergrass sample change totally the "fresh" vibe...

Makes the music hard, and the guy singing the chorus (looks like L.V of South Central Cartel voice) does this version be straight compton rider gangsta music..hahaha

This version for me is Compton Music to the extreme...

"Chillin' with the homeboys, thinkin' bout the old times, sippin' on a bottle of wine in the summertime"

SUMMER BREEZE (REMIX) -

SUMMER BREEZE (ALBUM VERSION) -

What do you enjoy most?

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Summer Breeze or Summer Breeze (Remix) ?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 02:49:31 PM »
the original is my favorite and is also one of my favorite tracks off safe & sound.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

bouli77

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 02:51:33 PM »
the original is my favorite and is also one of my favorite tracks off safe & sound.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 03:01:50 PM »
Quik was one of the pioneers on Teddy P and Jermaine Jackson samples...

along with Ahmad and Grand Puba

bouli77

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 03:39:15 PM »
not really,

teddy pendergrass has been heavily sampled since the late 80's : the d.o.c., compton's most wanted, big daddy kane, N.O.T.S., mc lyte, seagram, south central cartel, master p, new breed of hustlas just to name a few sampled Teddy before Quik did...

Mr. Theo

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 05:08:04 AM »
not really,

teddy pendergrass has been heavily sampled since the late 80's : the d.o.c., compton's most wanted, big daddy kane, N.O.T.S., mc lyte, seagram, south central cartel, master p, new breed of hustlas just to name a few sampled Teddy before Quik did...

MOBNigga06

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 08:19:59 AM »
Both versions are great, but I prefer the album version. The beat is one of the most perfect Quik productions, goes really well with the dedication to the dead homies. I remember when I first heard this song years ago, it really hit me, like damn, Quik is a real nigga and he had made the perfect musical expression of his realness.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 04:23:44 AM »
Both versions are great, but I prefer the album version. The beat is one of the most perfect Quik productions, goes really well with the dedication to the dead homies. I remember when I first heard this song years ago, it really hit me, like damn, Quik is a real nigga and he had made the perfect musical expression of his realness.

It's like 90's version of Isley's Summer Breeze hahahahhaa!