Author Topic: East Coast group dissin' Biggie back in 96' height of East/West beef  (Read 278 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Dope joint from rap's golden age.  They do a little parody of Biggie in the video, dissin him... kind of funny to think this is comin from a reputable East Coast group.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xUDNMmbYtkw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xUDNMmbYtkw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

Re: East Coast group dissin' Biggie back in 96' height of East/West beef
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 03:50:41 AM »
they had beef with Biggie regarding biting a line on one of their tracks that Biggie and Junior Mafia used for the "Get Money" remix, the one that goes "I can be as good as the best of them, but as bad as the worst of them so don't test me"

bouli77

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 04:31:09 AM »
some reputable east coast cats notoriously didn't get along with Big : Raekwon, Nas, Jeru the Damaja. and some west coast artists were down with him at the height of the beef : Too $hort, Blackjack

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 06:58:45 AM »
loved the group and the song but biggie had starange wondah beat up for that shit.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 09:10:33 AM »
some reputable east coast cats notoriously didn't get along with Big : Nas, Jeru the Damaja.

I know that "Kick In The Door" was supposedly taking shots at Nas but that's the story with Jeru?

bouli77

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »
Jeru didn't like Bad Boy and dissed them on wax, so maybe he respected Biggie on a personal tip but he clearly didn't like what he was standing for (he didn't like death row either).

http://rapgenius.com/Jeru-the-damaja-one-day-lyrics

"If I recall correctly I last saw hip-hop down at Bad Boy
We'll see if Puff knows whassup
Cuz he's the one gettin' him drunk and fuckin' his mind up
We go to the office, he's nowhere to be found
So we snatch up Jay Black and beat his bitch ass down
"Now where's Hip-Hop?!" "Aaight, aaight..." he confessed:
"Suge came and took him from Puff last night
He said he'd give him up if a real nigga came to retrieve 'em..."
So we went to L.A. later that evenin'
When we got there, everything was aaight
And we brought Hip-Hop back home that night"

On songs like "the bullshit" and "ya playin yaself" he clearly disses materialistic rap that biggie (and others) were rappin' about. also he has a line on "scientifical madness" (one of my favorite jeru songs)

"Niggas lickin' one another
Brother killin' brother
And you demon muthafuckas
Start coastal rivalries
The worlds greatest lust is jewelery
Mind Jah lick you with disease"

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.13363/title.dj-premier-talks-notorious-big-jeru-the-damaja-beef-death-row-records

that's why Jeru got dissed by Kurupt too on NY87 cause he took shots at Death Row as well

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 01:47:17 PM »
Crazy shit is Big was cool w/ everyone else from BCC only Starang felt some type of way towards him. So after the shit happened there was no retaliation from the other BCC cats.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 01:50:19 PM »
Dope joint from rap's golden age.  They do a little parody of Biggie in the video, dissin him... kind of funny to think this is comin from a reputable East Coast group.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xUDNMmbYtkw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xUDNMmbYtkw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

You sayin this makes me think this is some news to you. If so, LOL.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Jimmy H.

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 09:44:05 PM »
some reputable east coast cats notoriously didn't get along with Big : Raekwon, Nas, Jeru the Damaja. and some west coast artists were down with him at the height of the beef : Too $hort, Blackjack
Outlawz were from the East Coast too.  I don't see why people think that automatically people from the same coast should or do get along.

bouli77

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 10:35:33 PM »
Outlawz were from the East Coast too.  I don't see why people think that automatically people from the same coast should or do get along.

it's cause the media at the time fueled that east / west rivalry when in reality it was just competition/animosity between two labels + some who responded to DPG's NY NY + westcoast artists who dissed eastcoast critics (cube). there were many east / west collaborations at the time : Spice 1 / Method Man, Too $hort / Big, Too $hort / Lil Kim, Too $hort / Erick Sermon, Spice 1 / MC Eiht / Redman, DPG/Meth&Red, DPG/Nas, Blackjack / Junior Mafia, Treach / LV, Treach / SCC, Ice Cube / Kam / Erick Sermon,  Jayo Felony was produced by JMJ, MC Eiht was in Wu Tang's videos (Can It Be All So Simple), Stretch was in Mac Mall's video (Ghetto Theme) etc.

outlawz were from the east but they chose to ride for the west with pac though.