Author Topic: Kam - Neva Again - Classic  (Read 160 times)

Kaidy

Kam - Neva Again - Classic
« on: March 19, 2003, 06:51:29 AM »
Well since rap is boring and stale I've been listening to old shit. I put Kam's first cd in and daaamn this is what rap should be like. Every song has an important topic and Kam puts everything into his lics. I mean, you can listen to this cd and get yourself a history lesson. U can also hear how after 10 years, its still the same problems in the world, just nobody raps about them anymore.

Even though the production is dated by todays standards, it still hits hard and works perfect with the lyrics. No studio tricks, just real shit front to back.

Still Got Love 4 Um is my cut, but really theres not a bad song on this album. everyone should check it out if they haven't already. A lot of people mention Made In America (which I agree is also an amazing album) but lyrically i really think this album is better. Hope he comes back like this on The Self

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
Re:Kam - Neva Again - Classic
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 07:02:31 AM »
Word, this album is pure classic..
40oz Graphire

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 09:17:51 AM »

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 11:50:09 AM »

S.J

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 12:53:12 PM »
Neva again is a classic album, my favourite track is Neva Again.
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2003, 01:41:21 PM »
:EXactly:

Neva Again

This is Westcoast music at it's most potent.
During this period, nothin' was like the leftside becuase it was leading and laying the blueprint for what hip-hop sound's like now.
Back when Ny was rappin' bout gold chain's high top fades and polka dots...
The Westcoast was making them real joint's, the kind we still smoke today.
+ That duet wit' Kam & Cube is  :o
This political yet still funky azz fuck cd has all the makes of a Cali Classic.....Nahh!!

It's a fucken hip-hop Classic ImO

expecially when blasted nexx to Kam's apperance on The Boyz-n-tha hood soundtrack "Every single weekend"
ohh shitt!! that was the fucken cruise song.

Where the fuck has hip-hop gone.
It's missing...
But atleast we still got the tapes
Hatesrats 2000Tre
« Last Edit: March 19, 2003, 01:44:41 PM by Hatesrats »

Funkadelic

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2003, 01:46:29 PM »
It's the only Kam album that I own og. I need to say that is good, really good. The beats are funky and have dope samples. My favourite track is "Watts Riot".

tnp

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2003, 02:01:24 PM »
:EXactly:

Neva Again

This is Westcoast music at it's most potent.
During this period, nothin' was like the leftside becuase it was leading and laying the blueprint for what hip-hop sound's like now.
Back when Ny was rappin' bout gold chain's high top fades and polka dots...
The Westcoast was making them real joint's, the kind we still smoke today.
+ That duet wit' Kam & Cube is  :o
This political yet still funky azz fuck cd has all the makes of a Cali Classic.....Nahh!!

It's a fucken hip-hop Classic ImO

expecially when blasted nexx to Kam's apperance on The Boyz-n-tha hood soundtrack "Every single weekend"
ohh shitt!! that was the fucken cruise song.

Where the fuck has hip-hop gone.
It's missing...
But atleast we still got the tapes
Hatesrats 2000Tre

When you build a time machine could you send one this way?  ;D I know what you mean, the West Coast was everywhere back then, I got that CD at a mall (the same one I got the Blast If I Have To single at) back then. I even remember a 5 minute MTV news segment about the making of "Got Love 4 Um" back then. And seeing the video occasionally. Strong lyrics + strong music = classic album. And "Every Single Weekend" whoa!! Tied for my favorite song on Boyz N The Hood, even though I listen to it more than How To Survive In South Central. "This is strictly for the underground audience..."

My favorite off of Neva Again has to be Peace Treaty, I'm surprised no one's mentioned it.

peace,
tnp

Kaidy

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2003, 02:52:18 PM »
yeeea glad to see some of y'all feel what i'm talking bout here. Whutup Hatesrats and tnp and all the real west coast heads.

Can you imagine someone coming out like Kam nowdays? First off they probably wouldnt get a record deal, if they did they'd probably never get to MTV, and even if they managed to do that people wouldn't feel them cuz they aint about partying or theyre anti government. Fuck that! if you listen to some of these records from 92/93 (Cube and Kam for example, theres plenty others) there's that incredible emotion and spirit in the tracks.

I dunno, maybe people dont feel like protesting anymore. Maybe this joke of a war will get some people's minds and spirits up again and we can start hearing some struggle and commentary in the music again

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2003, 03:01:48 PM »
i wont call this release classic

but still a good one...

T
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2003, 03:32:06 PM »
hell ya this cds tite as hell my favorite tracks "Watts Riot" its a deep cd even the cover is pretty deep IMO. Kam came real tite on this cd AND made in america i havnt heard his newest cd yet though im lookin 4 it but ya htis cds a classic cd nice ass beats n everything

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2003, 06:04:25 PM »
yes...

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2003, 11:06:02 PM »
yeah, it's deffinatly a "hard" album.  the topics are strait hard and the beats are strait hard.  this is hard core shit.  not intended for your laid back type of listeners.  I love it.  that song Watts Riot got me hooked to the album.  best song on there. IMO.