Author Topic: Please Convince Me That Daz Dillinger is a Good Producer (THETRUTHUG)  (Read 1251 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Please Convince Me That Daz Dillinger is a Good Producer (THETRUTHUG)
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2013, 05:37:07 PM »
LMFAO goddamn he called dude out for nothing name all in the thread title in the main section hahaha

Mr. Theo

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2013, 04:06:29 AM »
the truth is that Daz got lazy over the years.

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 03:38:23 AM »
Daz has continuously produced dope beats over the years. Quite possibly his best work was on All Eyez on Me, but there's plenty of tracks of his where you can hear a distinct sound. Even up through the late 2000's with Dogg Chit there was some great stuff. Back in 95-96 he was a producer first and rapper second. That obviously changed from 98-on, so it's easy to see that his production wouldn't quite be on par with All Eyez on Me.

Same can be said for Kanye West. His shit before he dropped his first album, and a lot of the shit he was producing for other folks from 2000-2007 or so was amazing. He doesn't quite produce like that anymore, because he's obviously a rapper first now. He hardly even makes beats on his own albums now.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 08:07:32 PM »
Daz is a great producer.  Second best in history, behind only his mentor, Dre.

Need proof?  Listen to any Death Row album that came out while Daz was on the label.  You don't even have to have the whole Death Row catalog, just listen to Disc 1 of All Eyez On Me and there is no denying Daz legendary status and greatness.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Remedy360

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 09:28:43 PM »

Need proof?  Listen to any Death Row album that came out while Daz was on the label.  You don't even have to have the whole Death Row catalog, just listen to Disc 1 of All Eyez On Me and there is no denying Daz legendary status and greatness.

That's just it though. He hasn't released anything close to the level of stuff like Ambitionz since his time at DR, so it seems obvious that he was getting a lot of help from the right people. Has he put out a bunch of quality stuff since then? Absolutely, but he's far from the greatest.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2013, 04:04:43 AM »

That's just it though. He hasn't released anything close to the level of stuff like Ambitionz since his time at DR, so it seems obvious that he was getting a lot of help from the right people. Has he put out a bunch of quality stuff since then? Absolutely, but he's far from the greatest.

Jesus man... how many years does he have to be dope for?  A rapper/producers prime in the game is usually very short.  So much of hiphop in the 90's was about strugglin, hustlin, tryin to come up and make itt in the game.  So after an artist has made it in the game they usually fall off.

Daz had a solid 6 years of prime, superior production that very few have ever come close to.  He started his prime early with his co-production on Chronic and Doggystyle and once the Dogg Pound got the spotlight with "What Would You Do" it was on and poppin.  Then after Snoop fell off for a few years, and Dre also dissapointed with his first couple Aftermath projects, and Kurupt just got lazy and started rappin shit that didn't even make sense like "substantila tyranasourus garagantua" meanwhile Daz was still on top of the production game dropping heat with Revenge Retaliation Get Back.

Once Daz left Death Row and the pressures of a major label he started rushing out all types of projects and the quality really suffered.  Still a lot of decent production, but no matter, I think his work at Death Row speaks for itself.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:16:27 AM by Infinite... Me Against The World »

jman91331

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2013, 09:02:03 AM »

Jesus man... how many years does he have to be dope for?  A rapper/producers prime in the game is usually very short.  So much of hiphop in the 90's was about strugglin, hustlin, tryin to come up and make itt in the game.  So after an artist has made it in the game they usually fall off.

Daz had a solid 6 years of prime, superior production that very few have ever come close to.  He started his prime early with his co-production on Chronic and Doggystyle and once the Dogg Pound got the spotlight with "What Would You Do" it was on and poppin.  Then after Snoop fell off for a few years, and Dre also dissapointed with his first couple Aftermath projects, and Kurupt just got lazy and started rappin shit that didn't even make sense, Daz was still on top of the production game dropping heat with Revenge Retaliation Get Back.

Once Daz left Death Row and the pressures of a major label he started rushing out all types of projects and the quality really suffered.  Still a lot of decent production, but no matter, I think his work at Death Row speaks for itself.

Daz didn't even have the best beats on his own album. The Soopafly produced on his own on there killed everything Daz did on there. I don't know if you praise Daz on here to clown or for attention, or if you really mean it but if you think Daz is the second best producer ever, you may need to get out more bruh.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2013, 11:12:55 AM »
A tr

Daz had a solid 6 years of prime, superior production that very few have ever come close to.  He started his prime early with his co-production on Chronic and Doggystyle and once the Dogg Pound got the spotlight with "What Would You Do" it was on and poppin.  Then after Snoop fell off for a few years, and Dre also dissapointed with his first couple Aftermath projects, and Kurupt just got lazy and started rappin shit that didn't even make sense, Daz was still on top of the production game dropping heat with Revenge Retaliation Get Back.

Daz didn't even have the best beats on his own album. The Soopafly produced on his own on there killed everything Daz did on there. I don't know if you praise Daz on here to clown or for attention, or if you really mean it but if you think Daz is the second best producer ever, you may need to get out more bruh.

I didn't realize praising Daz was a troll tactic.  Who the fuck sits around and says, "hey.. you know what will really piece off mutheruckers on the internet... if I start acting like huge Daz fan!"

Nobody fucking does that.  I don't see how it is such a stretch to say that the guy who produced on albums such as All Eyez on Me, Chronic, Doggystyle, Dogg Food, Murder Was the Case, etc., might just be one of the best producers out there!?  How the fuck is it a stretch to say that?   

You guys are all fucking out to prove how much you know about hiphop that you want to champion DJ Quik just so you sound like you know more than the average muthefucker.  DJ Quik was a fucking bench player on Death Row and he's somewhat of novelty act so you think it makes you look like you know more than the average mutherfucker.  I'm not saying you all are faking, I do believe you are sincere fans of quik because quik is dope.  But DJ Quik also produced for 2pac, and he made joints like "Heartz of Men" and "Late Night".  Sure those are dope joints but how the fuck you can think that the guy producin hearts of men is on the same level as the mutherfucking genius that produced "Ambitionz of a Ridah" is why I don't have respect for anyone at this forum.  Off the top of my head I have respect for MDogg and OG Classic Material and MOB but I honestly can't think of anyone else off the top of my head right now.

You all are full of shit trying to argue that Quik is better than Daz and make me sound like some fuckin wierdo for saying the mutherfucker who produced on the greatest rap albums of all time was better.  Fuck y'all eat a dick!

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2013, 02:19:15 PM »
A tr

I didn't realize praising Daz was a troll tactic.  Who the fuck sits around and says, "hey.. you know what will really piece off mutheruckers on the internet... if I start acting like huge Daz fan!"

Nobody fucking does that.  I don't see how it is such a stretch to say that the guy who produced on albums such as All Eyez on Me, Chronic, Doggystyle, Dogg Food, Murder Was the Case, etc., might just be one of the best producers out there!?  How the fuck is it a stretch to say that?   

You guys are all fucking out to prove how much you know about hiphop that you want to champion DJ Quik just so you sound like you know more than the average muthefucker.  DJ Quik was a fucking bench player on Death Row and he's somewhat of novelty act so you think it makes you look like you know more than the average mutherfucker.  I'm not saying you all are faking, I do believe you are sincere fans of quik because quik is dope.  But DJ Quik also produced for 2pac, and he made joints like "Heartz of Men" and "Late Night".  Sure those are dope joints but how the fuck you can think that the guy producin hearts of men is on the same level as the mutherfucking genius that produced "Ambitionz of a Ridah" is why I don't have respect for anyone at this forum.  Off the top of my head I have respect for MDogg and OG Classic Material and MOB but I honestly can't think of anyone else off the top of my head right now.

You all are full of shit trying to argue that Quik is better than Daz and make me sound like some fuckin wierdo for saying the mutherfucker who produced on the greatest rap albums of all time was better.  Fuck y'all eat a dick!
you need help

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2013, 03:16:15 PM »
brian you ignorant slut.

he couldnt sign to deathrow because of contract issues at profile. let me break this down in terms a fanboy like you could only understand

i promise you this suge believed in quik way more then he believed in daz. he put the battery in daz back strictly to spite dr dre....he executive produced and promoted safe and sound STILL after the negotiations went flat. thats how much he fucked with quik. suge used daz as a tool to piss dre and snoop off at different points in thier careers, you stupid bitch.

daz aint produced shit fly since ambitions and ambitions is a simplistic fucking track that an engineer made sound good all his other shit on all eyez was collaborations with him and soopafly and dj quik.

Remedy360

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2013, 05:11:40 PM »
A tr

LOL @ your lack of ability to have a conversation without getting emotional. Jesus.

jman91331

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2013, 05:42:55 PM »
A tr

Ok for entertainment's sake, let's break down everything you said. 1, Daz didn't do shit on The Chronic but program the drums on Rat tat tat which everything Dre added to it saved the songs because the pattern was pretty wack. Daz co-produced Serial Killaz on Doggystyle which was 1 of the wackest beats on there. Dogg Food for the most part is dope but the production itself was nothing mind-blowing, it was more of a team effort that made that album so great. Soopafly on the keys, the other great Deathrow session musicians at the time pitching in, & Dr Dre puttin a helluva mix on those above average tracks to make them sound sonically the best they can be. Murder was the Case Daz's production on there was pretty dope but not the best on the cd & again he had the benefit of Dre mixing his shit. But his beats were by far not the hottest on the soundtrack. All Eyez on Me, shit was alright but nothing Daz did on there would make it like he's 2nd best producer in all of hip hop. Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. Like hommie that posted above me said Ambitions was some simple ass shit that the engineers & mixing made it so hard (not to mention Pac rode the shit out the beat). I think you are more caught up with the hype that came with that album (Pac getting outta jail & getting with the Row) to where you think the beats were more than they were. & your point about Late Night & Hearts of Men, I don't know what's wrong with your ears but from a production standpoint those two shit on everything Daz did on there easily. Again, dude had the benefit of having a helluva mix put on his shit (this time by Quik himself).  2) I think you are also caught up in Suge Knight's tactics at the time to build Daz up as some super producer just to spite Dre at the time & help with the power struggle of the label during those times. Daz was just somebody lucky enough to soak up some game from Dre (or be in his way as his cousin Joe Cool said) and get taught how to work a drum machine by Dre & Warren G (who Dre also taught who also is a protégé of Dre's who shits on Daz). He just happened to be in the right place at the right time during those days. If it was the other way around & Daz went to Def Jam & Warren G stayed on Death Row & produced a whole album on Kurupt in his prime and mixed by Dr. Dre, you would be talking about Warren G being the 2nd greatest & Daz wouldn't have never had a career. 3) I think you are caught up in a Death Row era time warp & you got trapped in it & never got out (I can tell by your 'eat a dick' reference which was they slang at the time). But if you come on back to earth, Daz is not the 2nd best producer in hip hop, I can name far too many better than him on the west coast alone. In fact, dude wasn't even 2nd best on Death Row alone. Get out some more bruh, listen to some more hip hop that doesn't have a man in an electric chair logo on it & expand ya mind.

Fresh Bone

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2013, 08:13:37 PM »
I'm not trying to discredit Daz. If he did the beats on AEOM then show some proof like interviews or something. Saying "oh, Daz's name is on the credits, so he made the production" isn't proof.

No disrespect or starting shit my dude, but 'Pac even says on Skandalouz "Daz stop fucking around on the piano and drop the beat". If that's not a co-sign, I don't know what is.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2013, 09:26:48 PM »
I'm not trying to discredit Daz. If he did the beats on AEOM then show some proof like interviews or something. Saying "oh, Daz's name is on the credits, so he made the production" isn't proof.

No disrespect or starting shit my dude, but 'Pac even says on Skandalouz "Daz stop fucking around on the piano and drop the beat". If that's not a co-sign, I don't know what is.

dr dre says the same thing at the beggining of boyz n the hood or one of thir classics do you think eazy could play keys? could it be possible in a 100 million dollar studio they just MIGHT have a piano in that bitch?

Fresh Bone

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2013, 03:50:49 AM »

dr dre says the same thing at the beggining of boyz n the hood or one of thir classics do you think eazy could play keys? could it be possible in a 100 million dollar studio they just MIGHT have a piano in that bitch?

But if 'Pac hated Dr. Dre for claiming "Got My Mind Made Up" was his beat, why would he not say the same to Daz if he didn't produce "Skandalouz"? It is what it is, don't look for other things when it's right IN the song.