Author Topic: NFL Divisional Round Predictions  (Read 1215 times)

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: NFL Divisional Round Predictions
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 04:25:58 PM »
If Philip Rivers drops Peyton this weekend it'll be his ninth one & done. The man has won over ten games every single season & shockingly can't win that first round playoff game. It's more than a coincidence.

Manning blame scale: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10266254/are-peyton-manning-one-dones-fault

The ESPN scales per game were a bit harsh but to some extent it comes to the QB play. I mean even last year people wanna lay blame on rahim moore for the hail mary how about the two kickoff return scores that Manning had nothing to do with? you subtract those two and the one missed play by moore and Ravens still win so we can play these if this happened games all we want but just because your having a good passer rating game or completion percentage does not mean losing a game can't be your fault. Its plain fact that two ill-timed Interceptions just off the top of my head cost them two games plain and simple. The Ravens OT INT lost the game for them and the Pick 6 he threw in the Superbowl against Brees and the Saints was absolutely atrocious at that time and field position. Tony Romo has great QBR and Passer Rating this season but why is he still considered a choker? Simple, because he seems to throw INT's at the worst possible times to end games and Manning rarely does that in the Regular Season but seems to do it very often when it comes to the playoffs and hes playing good competition. We'll see if he can prove the haters wrong(myself included) this weekend but as far as i'm concerned I personally feel he's gonna have another pretty good game and not take care of the ball at the end and its gonna cost his team the game again and this debate will continue going on.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 04:57:03 PM »
The weird thing is the year Manning won the Super Bowl was one of his worst playoff performances statistically. He threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs and had a passer rating of 70.5.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 08:59:50 PM »
The weird thing is the year Manning won the Super Bowl was one of his worst playoff performances statistically. He threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs and had a passer rating of 70.5.

The only weird thing is how people are so blind to the very simple fact that teams win and lose games and QBs are usually just along for the ride, be that a good or bad ride for the QB. The main reason the QB gets all the credit and the blame is because they are the only majority Caucasian face left in the world of sports. If every QB was black or latino and most RBs were white it'd very quickly turn back into a running back driven league.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 09:04:07 PM »
If Philip Rivers drops Peyton this weekend it'll be his ninth one & done. The man has won over ten games every single season & shockingly can't win that first round playoff game. It's more than a coincidence.

Manning blame scale: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10266254/are-peyton-manning-one-dones-fault

The ESPN scales per game were a bit harsh but to some extent it comes to the QB play. I mean even last year people wanna lay blame on rahim moore for the hail mary how about the two kickoff return scores that Manning had nothing to do with? you subtract those two and the one missed play by moore and Ravens still win so we can play these if this happened games all we want but just because your having a good passer rating game or completion percentage does not mean losing a game can't be your fault. Its plain fact that two ill-timed Interceptions just off the top of my head cost them two games plain and simple. The Ravens OT INT lost the game for them and the Pick 6 he threw in the Superbowl against Brees and the Saints was absolutely atrocious at that time and field position. Tony Romo has great QBR and Passer Rating this season but why is he still considered a choker? Simple, because he seems to throw INT's at the worst possible times to end games and Manning rarely does that in the Regular Season but seems to do it very often when it comes to the playoffs and hes playing good competition. We'll see if he can prove the haters wrong(myself included) this weekend but as far as i'm concerned I personally feel he's gonna have another pretty good game and not take care of the ball at the end and its gonna cost his team the game again and this debate will continue going on.

But you are assuming that had the run backs been stopped that the Broncos would have come up with zero points on them. Who is to say both would have have been TD drives and that took time off the clock and won the game in regulation for the Broncos?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 09:07:22 PM »

You love bringing up numbers yet you seem to always ignore mine. Every season of 10 or more wins, right? A passer rating of 97.2 to go with those 10+ win seasons. And in the last 0-5 one and dones a passer rating of 95.2

Two numbers for you; 97.2 and 95.2

EXPLAIN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 09:19:26 PM »
Tonight's game shows the difference in careers of Tom and Peyton; 13 of 25 for 198 yards and 0 TDs for a passer rating of 78.4

Tom's 78.4 is another dominant win by Brady while Peyton's 95.2 is one choke after another

Tom gets to play for teams that in January have the ability to blow out opponents 43-21 despite the QBs mediocre play and Peyton more often than not plays for teams that rely heavily upon his sensational play to get Ws. Peyton Manning on the Pats tonight would have won this game. Where as Brady on the Colts in 03 against the Cheifs in January, or against the Jets in 09 would have not been able to pull that out ever, and Peyton only has a 50/50 shot of ever being able to do stuff like that.

I've yet to see a playoff game where the Pats don't show up and Brady does and the Pats win

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 01:32:21 PM »
Tonight's game shows the difference in careers of Tom and Peyton; 13 of 25 for 198 yards and 0 TDs for a passer rating of 78.4

Tom's 78.4 is another dominant win by Brady while Peyton's 95.2 is one choke after another

Tom gets to play for teams that in January have the ability to blow out opponents 43-21 despite the QBs mediocre play and Peyton more often than not plays for teams that rely heavily upon his sensational play to get Ws. Peyton Manning on the Pats tonight would have won this game. Where as Brady on the Colts in 03 against the Cheifs in January, or against the Jets in 09 would have not been able to pull that out ever, and Peyton only has a 50/50 shot of ever being able to do stuff like that.

I've yet to see a playoff game where the Pats don't show up and Brady does and the Pats wing

Okay I know you love Peyton Manning but this is getting absolutely rediculous...ya Brady didn't have a huge statistical game but he puts then in those positions to score Tds by driving them there, making plays when he has to and get how about the big key that your idol manning doesn't do and that's take care if the fucken ball when it matters that's why manning is considered a choke not only because his team always loses but because he doesn't take care of the ball at the times it matters most simple as that...I'm done arguing this point with you cause your gonna keep pulling random stats out but only stat you'll need to know is manning throwing another ill timed pick today and when they lose you'll blame the Defense like every other Manning fanboy lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 04:08:56 PM »

You love bringing up numbers yet you seem to always ignore mine. Every season of 10 or more wins, right? A passer rating of 97.2 to go with those 10+ win seasons. And in the last 0-5 one and dones a passer rating of 95.2

Two points less in the losses. That's a downgrade in my book.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 05:34:06 PM »

Two points less in the losses. That's a downgrade in my book.

Fine, call it a a downgrade, but call Brady's downgrade too. Brady is 95.7 in regular season career and in his last 5 losses he's 74.8

That's not a 2 point downgrade. That's a 20 point downgrade.

Today's game, says what I've been saying for years. Rivers didn't play so poorly. I mean Manning definitely made a few tougher throws and tricked the d-line a bunch, but in the end, the Denver pass rush compared to the SD pass rush was the difference. Denver most likely still wins this game with Rivers, and Manning on SD.

I'm not a fanboy. I simply have a stance and see the truth. If Manning stinks it up and gets carried to a win like against KC and Baltimore in 06, I call it for what it is. I don't use stupid words like presence, poise, clutch, and mental toughness. "Yeah he didn't have great numbers but he made the plays that needed to be made and that's what won the game". That's bullshit!

Denver won today because they shut down the SD offense in the first 3 quarters and had 2 great and one decent offensive drives.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 11:41:39 AM »
He has a 74 passer rating these first two games.

Tebow had an 80.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 01:06:47 PM »
If Brady beats him this weekend with no Wilfork, Gronk, Hernandez, Mayo and whoever else in Denver its no debate no more.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 06:58:07 PM »
He has a 74 passer rating these first two games.

Tebow had an 80.

Actually it was 89 for Tebow. The 125 against Pitt's zero-coverage defense and the 52 against NE's zone.

Peyton has an 88.3 against Baltimore last year and a 93.5 yesterday against SD. Now I haven't taken grade 5 math in a long time but I don't think the average of 88.3 and 93.5 is 74. But hey, you're obviously smarter than me at Football so maybe you're smarter than me at math as well.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 07:00:09 PM »
Nevermind, you meant 1999 and 2000. Peyton's first two games. What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Completely different eras and teams. And no one is debating who had a better first 3 seasons of their career; Peyton or Tebow.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »
If Brady beats him this weekend with no Wilfork, Gronk, Hernandez, Mayo and whoever else in Denver its no debate no more.

If Brady hands the ball off for 200 yards by Blount and the no Wilfork/Mayo defense shuts down Denver's offense, it has nothing to do with Brady.

And I just admitted that Peyton did not outplay Rivers for the win. You guys need to get off the kool aid and stop buying into this QB vs QB bullshit.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2014, 12:30:12 AM »
So in turn, I guess this game is a moot point for your argument...being that as a whole the Broncos are better than the Patriots. Unless Brady throws three picks...even though Peyton has thrown three picks against Brady in the playoffs before. I don't know. I can't keep up with your rules lol.

But I'll just blame the defense and Aaron Hernandez's murder on the loss.