Author Topic: Lakers 7th spot on the west  (Read 495 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Lakers 7th spot on the west
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2003, 11:48:04 PM »
should change it to 6th spot now  ;D

i think that would put them up against the Spurs (unless they beat out Dallas for the #1 spot in the west) in Round 1  ;D

better for the Lakers...

any REAL laker fan who doesnt simply cheerlead for them, would know the Spurs are probably the last team they want to face right now. Whether theyre the best in the league right now or not is up for debate, but theyre definetely the hottest in the league now. The Lakers NOW, wouldnt even beat Portland in a 7 game series, let alone any of the top 3 teams in the west.

well see who's talking when the Spurs get swept...

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2003, 11:53:43 PM »

i think that would put them up against the Spurs (unless they beat out Dallas for the #1 spot in the west) in Round 1  ;D

better for the Lakers...

any REAL laker fan who doesnt simply cheerlead for them, would know the Spurs are probably the last team they want to face right now. Whether theyre the best in the league right now or not is up for debate, but theyre definetely the hottest in the league now. The Lakers NOW, wouldnt even beat Portland in a 7 game series, let alone any of the top 3 teams in the west.

well see who's talking when the Spurs get swept...

*yawn*

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2003, 11:55:07 PM »

better for the Lakers...

hahahha at the lakers wouldnt even beat portland or any of the top three teams we will go back to this thread in june!!!!.....when the lakers win the championship again

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2003, 11:58:04 PM »

better for the Lakers...

hahahha at the lakers wouldnt even beat portland or any of the top three teams we will go back to this thread in june!!!!.....when the lakers win the championship again

put down the pom poms  ;D

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2003, 12:04:39 AM »

better for the Lakers...

put down the pom poms  ;D
You mean the laker flags on my car? ;D

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2003, 07:03:47 PM »

No the spurs are one of the teams the lakers would WANT to play, i'll admit the lakers slack off when facinga lesser oponent, that's why 8th place would be ideal (we're able to beat dallas plus we'd have A LOT of motivation to knock them off)  the spurs would right underneith dallas in teams the lakers WANT to face in the first round. Plus Shaq has always said he hates david robinson for shunning him in high school so he always plays harder against him. Shaq is about as back to health as he was last year.....which is obviously enough  to beat the spurs so ouch. Plus Kobe (once he's over his flue and thigh injury) has been on one this whole season. Plus the lakers are the defending champs and said that they will remain that way until someone takes that away from them. When the lakers are THAT determined with a healthy shaq and kobe....whose going to stop them? And since Dec. 25 the spurs and lakers have been just as 'hot'. holding the EXACT (well the lakers have 1 more win now since their win against he clippers)  records! So to say the lakers  are scared to play spurs is recoculous.

and about the lakers not being able to beat portland in a 7 game series .......it hasn't happened since 1992 plus we match up great against them and we beat them the last time around and i'm pretty sure we got them this season as well . We beat the kings earlier  this year WITH OUT SHAQ. we beat dallas with a record come back and WITHOUT SHAQ........we are better now than the last time we beat them so what now?

the first round is a 7 game series and it's a well known fact that that favors the lakers than any other team

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2003, 02:55:42 AM »

No the spurs are one of the teams the lakers would WANT to play, i'll admit the lakers slack off when facinga lesser oponent, that's why 8th place would be ideal (we're able to beat dallas plus we'd have A LOT of motivation to knock them off)  the spurs would right underneith dallas in teams the lakers WANT to face in the first round. Plus Shaq has always said he hates david robinson for shunning him in high school so he always plays harder against him. Shaq is about as back to health as he was last year.....which is obviously enough  to beat the spurs so ouch. Plus Kobe (once he's over his flue and thigh injury) has been on one this whole season. Plus the lakers are the defending champs and said that they will remain that way until someone takes that away from them. When the lakers are THAT determined with a healthy shaq and kobe....whose going to stop them? And since Dec. 25 the spurs and lakers have been just as 'hot'. holding the EXACT (well the lakers have 1 more win now since their win against he clippers)  records! So to say the lakers  are scared to play spurs is recoculous.

and about the lakers not being able to beat portland in a 7 game series .......it hasn't happened since 1992 plus we match up great against them and we beat them the last time around and i'm pretty sure we got them this season as well . We beat the kings earlier  this year WITH OUT SHAQ. we beat dallas with a record come back and WITHOUT SHAQ........we are better now than the last time we beat them so what now?

the first round is a 7 game series and it's a well known fact that that favors the lakers than any other team

^^its a well known "fact" to you. The 7 game series doesnt favor them this year yet, they arent as good of a team as last year. As for the playoffs last year, i admit the Lakers won. But even the most blind Laker fan, saw what happened in those games against the Spurs. Even YOU have to admit (just like the article about the Spurs in the latest Sports Illustrated) that the lakers losing to the Lakers in the playoffs last year, was just a result of THEM not finishing off the Lakers. They held 4th quarter leads in 3 of the 4 losses, and honestly outplayed the Lakers..but just let up in the 4th quarter. Shaq doesnt play well against the Spurs typically, so whether he is healthy or not...im not concerned with. Kobe usually plays VERY well against the Spurs, but thats fine. he's been playing good all year, and his team hasnt. So if Kobe wanted to score 40 against us...and lose, i have no problem with that. The year after the Spurs won the title, Laker fans liked to use the phrase "that was last year". Now that the lakers won last year, they cant seem to understand that the phrase applies to them as well lol. If the Lakers manage to win again, then so be it. But honestly, as a Spurs fan...their not my biggest concern in the playoffs.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2003, 11:00:13 PM »

^^its a well known "fact" to you. The 7 game series doesnt favor them this year yet, they arent as good of a team as last year. As for the playoffs last year, i admit the Lakers won. But even the most blind Laker fan, saw what happened in those games against the Spurs. Even YOU have to admit (just like the article about the Spurs in the latest Sports Illustrated) that the lakers losing to the Lakers in the playoffs last year, was just a result of THEM not finishing off the Lakers. They held 4th quarter leads in 3 of the 4 losses, and honestly outplayed the Lakers..but just let up in the 4th quarter. Shaq doesnt play well against the Spurs typically, so whether he is healthy or not...im not concerned with. Kobe usually plays VERY well against the Spurs, but thats fine. he's been playing good all year, and his team hasnt. So if Kobe wanted to score 40 against us...and lose, i have no problem with that. The year after the Spurs won the title, Laker fans liked to use the phrase "that was last year". Now that the lakers won last year, they cant seem to understand that the phrase applies to them as well lol. If the Lakers manage to win again, then so be it. But honestly, as a Spurs fan...their not my biggest concern in the playoffs.

you OBVIOUSLY havn't been watching the lakers lately becuase they went on 2 7 game winning streaks, and ARE a hotter team than the spurs since Dec 25th....fact. They are just as good as last year and i'll go on to say if at full health we're better.  You fail to relise that shaq is just about full health which he wasn't last year at all, and if Tim Duncan isn't going to stop him hurt.....he's not stopping him now....as a matter of fact when has he ever stopped shaq? He sure hasn't the last 3 years. Shaq always plays his A game , or trie to against the spurs . HE HATES David Robinson and dislikes Tim Duncan.

the lakers last year pulled 4th quarter wins all year last year.....it wasn't just against the spurs, again you obviously dont' watch the lakers that much or you would've known that...how did they close out the series with the blazers? Kings? and  even the Nets. and if you go back to the regular season, hornets, clippers, Suns, ect. Strategically San Antonio is a predictable team. That's how we beat you all 3 years , your coach is predictable. That's why you lost the 4th quarter. Popavich should've known that the lakers played as a 4th quarter team last year.....keeping range for 3 quarters and then going all out in the 4th.....Tex Winter even said "we modeled our strategy like a marathon runner, keeping our pace whether down 5 or up 5, then sprinting at the end of the race"

you can say all you want to say about how you almost won, but you didn't...the spurs strategically are no different than last year, and no better than what the were in 2001 (their best) So that's why the lakers are willing to play them. If anything the spurs don't want to play the lakers......David Robinson's fragile ass doesn't want none of shaq, and why else is Janero Pargo activated for the playoffs......to pull the allen iverson defense circa 2001 play offs against  Tony Paker, Steve Nash , Mike Bibby.. We're ready for teams 1-3 and even 4

like shaq said "i'm not affraid of any team in the playoffs this year, the only team that can beat us is ourselves"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2003, 11:22:37 PM »

you OBVIOUSLY havn't been watching the lakers lately becuase they went on 2 7 game winning streaks, and ARE a hotter team than the spurs since Dec 25th....fact. They are just as good as last year and i'll go on to say if at full health we're better.  You fail to relise that shaq is just about full health which he wasn't last year at all, and if Tim Duncan isn't going to stop him hurt.....he's not stopping him now....as a matter of fact when has he ever stopped shaq? He sure hasn't the last 3 years. Shaq always plays his A game , or trie to against the spurs . HE HATES David Robinson and dislikes Tim Duncan.

the lakers last year pulled 4th quarter wins all year last year.....it wasn't just against the spurs, again you obviously dont' watch the lakers that much or you would've known that...how did they close out the series with the blazers? Kings? and  even the Nets. and if you go back to the regular season, hornets, clippers, Suns, ect. Strategically San Antonio is a predictable team. That's how we beat you all 3 years , your coach is predictable. That's why you lost the 4th quarter. Popavich should've known that the lakers played as a 4th quarter team last year.....keeping range for 3 quarters and then going all out in the 4th.....Tex Winter even said "we modeled our strategy like a marathon runner, keeping our pace whether down 5 or up 5, then sprinting at the end of the race"

you can say all you want to say about how you almost won, but you didn't...the spurs strategically are no different than last year, and no better than what the were in 2001 (their best) So that's why the lakers are willing to play them. If anything the spurs don't want to play the lakers......David Robinson's fragile ass doesn't want none of shaq, and why else is Janero Pargo activated for the playoffs......to pull the allen iverson defense circa 2001 play offs against  Tony Paker, Steve Nash , Mike Bibby.. We're ready for teams 1-3 and even 4

like shaq said "i'm not affraid of any team in the playoffs this year, the only team that can beat us is ourselves"

The only team that beat the Spurs last year then, was the Spurs. They totally outplayed the Lakers and then quit attacking in the 4th. I gave the Lakers credit last year, because they played the full 4 quarters...so they won. The Spurs didnt. But dont give me that bullshit about "we just wanna hang around in win in the 4th quarter". Thats garbage. The only people who say that, are people who lose the whole game and manage to pull it out at the end, OR teams who feel they are inferior to their opponent. A team who is BETTER then their opponent, NEVER says...we just wanna hang around. Only the heavy underdogz say that. As for the Lakers bein better then last year LOLOL. u gotta be kidding. Their role players this year are SHIT. They do NOTHING. Kobe has just been shooting on every possession, probably cus he's the only one who will. Its funny how u guys will only accept the "we'd be better if we were healthy" excuse, when it pertains to YUR team. The Spurs were BEAT up last year against the Lakers...and still out played them for 80% of the game in each game. So if u can USE the excuse, then u also have to ACCEPT the excuse. As for Duncan stopping Shaq, i told u...im already not concerned with Shaq. He never plays his best games against the Spurs...regardless of how much he doesnt like them. Maybe he doesnt like them cus his game isnt as good against them. Robinson is old, so dont try n compare the 2 NOW. Theyve never met with both in their prime. The OLD Shaq used to trip over his own fukin feet tryin to stop him. Maybe Shaq is still bitter about those 71 points Robinson scored to win the scoring title against him lol. Anywayz, like i said..im far from concerned with the Lakers. Dallas AND Sacramento are both better teams right now. Myabe the Lakers will win, maybe they wont..but im speaking on right NOW, im not concerned with em. BTW Jake, quit taking all of yur opinions from sports analysts lol. Form yur own sumtime. When i read yur posts, i feel like im watching a re-run of fuckin sportscenter LOL

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2003, 11:28:11 PM »
whatever man, you and i can argue all the live long day and get no where  3 to 1 rings speak for themselves when play off time comes we'll see what happens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2003, 01:49:32 AM »
whatever man, you and i can argue all the live long day and get no where  3 to 1 rings speak for themselves when play off time comes we'll see what happens

ay man, im not denyin the Lakers were good. Good enough to win 3 championships. Im jus sayin, after the Spurs won the championship...if the Lakers were to beat them in a regular season game, Laker fans would be quick to call them better. How come the same doesnt go for the Lakers? If you wanna say theyre the "team to beat", thats fine...they won last year, ill give u that. But that doesnt make them the BEST in the league as of now. Maybe theyll take it again this year, who knows. They arent the favorite right now, but like u said...we'll wait till the playoffs n see.