Author Topic: 2014 NBA draft  (Read 901 times)

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
2014 NBA draft
« on: January 26, 2014, 03:23:19 AM »
Which players do you guys like so far?

I got my top 10 looking something like this...

Embiid
Parker(him and wiggins are interchangeable on any given day for me)
Wiggins
Exum(based on his highlights and scouting vids, haven't seen any actual games from him since he's from australia, but I got high hopes for this kid)
Randle
Smart
Lavine
Vonleh
Gordon
Hood

and Cauley-Stein, young and ennis are right outside the top ten.

Sccit

Re: 2014 NBA draft
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 04:29:25 AM »
Wiggins is being misused in college, he still has the brightest future

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 04:42:12 AM »
I agree that wiggins is being misused, but it's obvious Embiid has the brightest future out of all of em...he's been playing the game since 09! dudes ceiling is hakeem.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 07:47:48 AM »
watch the new commish rig the draft so the LAkers get the #1 pick

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 09:16:37 AM »
Do you even know how the draft is conducted? How can they rig it?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 10:21:15 AM »

the same way they rigged Lebron to Cleveland and Ewing to the Knicks...stop being so ignorant to how the NBA world works.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 10:48:26 AM »
I agree that wiggins is being misused, but it's obvious Embiid has the brightest future out of all of em...he's been playing the game since 09! dudes ceiling is hakeem.

i wouldnt say it's obvious, i think wiggins has the highest ceiling if he lives up to potential. embiid is no slouch, but big-man game translates the worst to the nba nowadays. it's the number 1 bust position. not saying embiid will be a bust, but i doubt if he ever gets anywhere close to hakeem.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 12:08:51 PM »

the same way they rigged Lebron to Cleveland and Ewing to the Knicks...stop being so ignorant to how the NBA world works.
You still didn't answer my question? How do they do the draft? How would it be rigged when each team has a representative present in the room while the draft is being done? Don't you think that mark cuban and co. would file a lawsuit towards the league if they rigged such an event? lol at you knowing "how the NBA world works" when you don't even know how the draft is conducted. The patrick ewing draft wasn't even the same as how the draft is conducted now and that one WAS rigged and the owners figured that out and they changed the draft format in 1990 to what it is today. How is lebron going to cleveland, who had the worst record and the highest chance to get the number one pick that year a rigged draft? If you're gonna bring up a year where as a conspiracy theorist(which is what you're claiming, a CONSPIRACY with no actual facts) the draft was rigged, the only years i would bring up is the d. rose and greg oden drafts, and still it's not like they had a beasting year and they got the no.1 pick, they had a 10% chance and that means 1 out of every ten years a team that doesn't have the best odds(ie the bottom 3 teams of the league) would win the lottery. If the league wanted the lakers to have a top tier player they wouldn't have vetoed the chris paul deal AND they wouldn't have constructed the new collective bargaining agreement in a way where it cripples big market teams like the lakers. I know you like to troll NIK and other laker fans cause you're a boston fan(are you still a boston fan?) and it's always been the IN thing to say that "the league favors the lakers", but actual facts show the exact opposite, that the league is in favor of small market teams and parity among all teams.

i wouldnt say it's obvious, i think wiggins has the highest ceiling if he lives up to potential. embiid is no slouch, but big-man game translates the worst to the nba nowadays. it's the number 1 bust position. not saying embiid will be a bust, but i doubt if he ever gets anywhere close to hakeem.
How many full Kansas games have you seen this year? Wiggins has the athletic ability to be a superstar but he lacks the mentality of a superstar. He's even more passive than durant or lebron out of highschool, let alone a kobe or t-mac or even paul george. He needs to work on his handles(which is possible ala paul george) and his jump shot, which shouldn't be too hard since his form isn't THAT bad, but he needs to develop that killer instinct that I haven't seen in him which is pretty hard to develop, unless he gets drafted by the lakers where a player like kobe can take him under his wing, I doubt he'll be what people thought he would be by seeing him play against a bunch of high school kids. If he gets drafted to a team like the bucks or orlando watch him be one of the biggest busts in NBA history.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 12:24:20 PM »
lebron was already working out with the cavs as a senior in high school....every and anyone knew he was going to Cleveland at all costs

the team with the worst record doesn't always get the #1 pick (which is honestly pretty stupid if you ask me but that's for another day)

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 12:37:15 PM »
lebron was already working out with the cavs as a senior in high school....every and anyone knew he was going to Cleveland at all costs

the team with the worst record doesn't always get the #1 pick (which is honestly pretty stupid if you ask me but that's for another day)
He was working out with the cavs cause he was from cleveland, whats your point? Almost all LA born and raised players or even a lot of ucla and usc players go work out at the lakers training facility in el segundo, does that mean they're gonna get drafted by the lakers?  "Everyone and anyone knew he was going to cleveland at all costs"? wtf kinda statement is that? Please bring actual facts to the argument and not some shit like that. Cleveland tanked that year and had the highest percentage to win the draft and they did. I know the team with the worst record doesn't always win the lottery, thats why it's called the LOTTERY...since the new draft of 1990 only 2-3 of the teams with the worst record got the number 1 overall pic and the most number 1 overall picks went to the 3rd worst record in the league, but that doesn't mean that to get the number 1 pick you should aim for the 3rd worst record as apposed to the worst record. The worst record gets the most ping pong balls, hence the highest percentage to get the #1 pick, just because we've had 20 years of a lottery that only happens ONCE a year it doesn't mean that its a big enough sample size to base the 3rd worst record as a fact to receive the 1st overall pick, those are called anomalies. 

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 01:04:12 PM »
I think ur selling wiggins short, I haven't seen too many Kansas games but Ive seen enough of him to know he is a special player.. I don't think his lack of success is due to lack of killer instinct, like I said, I feel like that's a direct result of how he's been used in college and u will see more of the free flowing wiggins who will develop the ability to take over games once he hits the NBA

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 01:10:49 PM »
I think ur selling wiggins short, I haven't seen too many Kansas games but Ive seen enough of him to know he is a special player.. I don't think his lack of success is due to lack of killer instinct, like I said, I feel like that's a direct result of how he's been used in college and u will see more of the free flowing wiggins who will develop the ability to take over games once he hits the NBA
Just watch one full kansas game and you'll see exactly how good Embiid is and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about with Wiggins' mentality. Dude can't even take college SF off the dribble and his passing skills aren't even close to bron or t-mac or kobe, players he was compared to while he was in highschool. With that being said i'll still take him top 3 if we get the 3rd pick but thats only because kobe can groom him to be an elite player to compliment his freakish athleticism.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 01:51:20 PM »
Rondo sucked in college and became an NBA all star and playoff hero

Wiggins has plenty of time to evolve

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 03:12:32 PM »
I think you're too high on Cauley-Stein. Can't see him going before the 20th pick.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2014, 03:13:17 PM »
Rondo sucked in college and became an NBA all star and playoff hero

Wiggins has plenty of time to evolve
Did you even read anything I had to say? You never seem to be able to debate sports anymore like you used to. You just bring up examples of something or someone that has nothing to do with anything. It's obvious that Wiggins isn't built from the same material as a Kobe, rondo, westbrook, etc. etc. players that are mentally tough, throwback type of players that thrive under pressure and WANT to be the best and are cocky. Wiggins doesn't have that in him, yet. He can develop it if he has the right mentor and coach once he gets to the NBA, but he won't get there if he goes to the bucks or cleveland or some crap organization. He won't be like a lebron or a kobe or a t-mac as to where they would all be where they are at now skill wise regardless of where they get drafted. I even said I would take him third for the lakers or even second depending on how jabari parker finishes out the rest of the season, because I know kobe will turn him into a beast if he takes him under his wing. So to bring up Rondo as an example has nothing to do with wiggins because even when rondo was in college you could tell he was gonna be special player because he had that mentality that he still has today. Even in his early years with three HOFers he still wanted to be the man on the team and you could tell from how he demanded respect from kg and PP and ray. Now either post your top ten players you think will go in this upcoming draft or stop saying irrelevant shit.