Poll

who was the best center?

Hakeem the dream
3 (50%)
Shaq
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Shaq vs Hakeem  (Read 1202 times)

Sccit

Re: Shaq vs Hakeem
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 07:08:17 PM »
you mean when the NBA let the Lakers steal pau gasol?  thank god Stern learned his lesson, hence the Clippers being better than the Lakers now

WE STOLE PAU, YET GRIZZLIES GOT THE BETTER PLAYER...IN OTHER NEWS, UR HAIR IS THICK + HEALTHY

Remedy360

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 07:11:12 PM »
you mean when the NBA let the Lakers steal pau gasol?  thank god Stern learned his lesson, hence the Clippers being better than the Lakers now

Lol your trolling is out of control bro.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 07:15:44 PM »

WE STOLE PAU, YET GRIZZLIES GOT THE BETTER PLAYER...IN OTHER NEWS, UR HAIR IS THICK + HEALTHY

hair jokes with a big nose like that?  smh

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2014, 07:23:21 PM »

hair jokes with a big nose like that?  smh

GIRLS LOVE THE NOSE....RUBS THE CLIT JUST RIGHT WHEN IM EATIN THE BABBI

AND I WASNT MAKIN A JOKE, BROBRO...JUST USIN HYPERBOLE TO PROVE A POINT. NO HARD FEELINS

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2014, 08:38:59 AM »

Lakers got Pau Gasol, the Grizzlies got Marc Gasol. A GREAT move by both teams. Both teams needed a Gasol, but the Grizzlies were rebuilding so the younger Gasol made sense, the Lakers needed to win now so the older Gasol made sense. The Grizzlies also got Kwame Brown to trade and Javaris Crittenton and Aaron McKie, plus a second round draft pick. That my friend was a win/win for both teams.

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2014, 11:11:57 AM »

Lakers got Pau Gasol, the Grizzlies got Marc Gasol. A GREAT move by both teams. Both teams needed a Gasol, but the Grizzlies were rebuilding so the younger Gasol made sense, the Lakers needed to win now so the older Gasol made sense. The Grizzlies also got Kwame Brown to trade and Javaris Crittenton and Aaron McKie, plus a second round draft pick. That my friend was a win/win for both teams.

and cap space, which allowed them to sign zach randolph.....i think it's safe to say hack shouldn't be paid attention to in this section. u were probably the last one here who was actually taking him seriously.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2014, 12:36:31 PM »
i gotta go with Hakeem because of his amazing footwork and athleticism....plus when he was older he swept Shaq in the finals when Shaq was at his best physically (although not basketball IQ wise)

btw how was Shaq not an all star in 1998-1999?  lmao

you mean the lockout year? cmon bro.

Shaq's a great person? I like the guy and think he was great for the game, but a suspect character throughout his career.

Shaq has great character.  Shaq is loved throughout the world, as much for his character as his ball skillz.  How you figure his character is suspect?

well this much is clear, infinite you dont watch any basketball. Shaq is an immature man child, that still hasnt matured. this is coming from a guy that bleeds purple and gold, who idolized shaq as my favorite player when growing up, went to see all his crappy movies, downloaded all his albums (which werent bad)

but hes petty, selfish, and attention seeking.

the shit he pulled with kobe, but he seems to have grown since then

LOL, yeah like it was everything Shaq. They were both immature and selfish as fuck - instead of putting all the bs to rest, shut the fuck up, play together to win more rings, they decided to play that "who's the man" game with one another, throwing eachother under the buss on numerous occasions.

I know it's hard for you to be objective in any topic that's Mr. Bryant's-related, but they both deserve 50/50 blame for that shit - it was silly and should've never happen.

well, kobe was what? 20? 21? cant really blame him, shaq should of been the more mature, wise, and more adult like, but its prob safe to say his mental age was of less than kobe.

any ways on topic, like everyone prob hakeem and when we talk about VS im thinkin team game, fuck that 1 on 1 shit  who cares about that, it doesnt relate to real games because there isnt 4 other players on the floor.

i think if they had the exact same teammates, its going to be quite close but hakeems going to have a hard time guarding shaq downlow especially if he gets position deep inside the paint.

but just like kareem, if shaq was going up against hakeem on the other end, its just no way shaq would be able to guard him, hes just too fast and too smart with his fakes. he'd have to foul every time.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2014, 01:20:28 PM »
i gotta go with Hakeem because of his amazing footwork and athleticism....plus when he was older he swept Shaq in the finals when Shaq was at his best physically (although not basketball IQ wise)

btw how was Shaq not an all star in 1998-1999?  lmao

you mean the lockout year? cmon bro.

Shaq's a great person? I like the guy and think he was great for the game, but a suspect character throughout his career.

Shaq has great character.  Shaq is loved throughout the world, as much for his character as his ball skillz.  How you figure his character is suspect?

well this much is clear, infinite you dont watch any basketball. Shaq is an immature man child, that still hasnt matured. this is coming from a guy that bleeds purple and gold, who idolized shaq as my favorite player when growing up, went to see all his crappy movies, downloaded all his albums (which werent bad)

but hes petty, selfish, and attention seeking.

the shit he pulled with kobe, but he seems to have grown since then

LOL, yeah like it was everything Shaq. They were both immature and selfish as fuck - instead of putting all the bs to rest, shut the fuck up, play together to win more rings, they decided to play that "who's the man" game with one another, throwing eachother under the buss on numerous occasions.

I know it's hard for you to be objective in any topic that's Mr. Bryant's-related, but they both deserve 50/50 blame for that shit - it was silly and should've never happen.

well, kobe was what? 20? 21? cant really blame him, shaq should of been the more mature, wise, and more adult like, but its prob safe to say his mental age was of less than kobe.

any ways on topic, like everyone prob hakeem and when we talk about VS im thinkin team game, fuck that 1 on 1 shit  who cares about that, it doesnt relate to real games because there isnt 4 other players on the floor.

i think if they had the exact same teammates, its going to be quite close but hakeems going to have a hard time guarding shaq downlow especially if he gets position deep inside the paint.

but just like kareem, if shaq was going up against hakeem on the other end, its just no way shaq would be able to guard him, hes just too fast and too smart with his fakes. he'd have to foul every time.

I'm with you. I was/am a huge Shaq fan. I knew the better move was to keep Kobe, but Shaq was my favorite player. I found it weird though that he burnt every bridge of every team he was on. Shaq left Orlando, calling it a dried up pond and saying he didn't respect coach Brian Hill and he grew jealous of Penny's growing popularity. In LA, he started to grow jealous of Kobe's jersey sales and he wanted the ball more, and he basically was calling the shots by getting any friend of Kobe's traded for his own friends. He demanded a trade when he felt the Lakers were catering to Kobe. He won a title with the Heat, but then he started to get lazy and out of shape and pick up on injuries as a result. Pat Riley expects more out of his players and this led to Riley and Shaq almost fighting. So Shaq gets shipped out to the Suns. That's when Shaq starts to mature a bit. He was a good citizen on the Suns, traded because of cost really. He goes to the Cavs, defers to LeBron the way he should have deferred to Kobe, became a free agent and was signed to the Celtics were he was injured prone and quietly ended his career. So yeah, at the end, he matured, but he was the most immature star. And ask around, I was a Shaq person.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=3950.msg56223#msg56223
 :o

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=55140.25
Man, my depressed about Shaq leaving days.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2014, 04:24:39 PM »

yeah, i forgot how Marc Gasol lead the Grizzles to several titles

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2014, 04:44:29 PM »

yeah, i forgot how Marc Gasol lead the Grizzles to several titles

Just like Pau Gasol on the Grizzlies led to several winning seasons.

Mietek23

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2014, 10:35:51 AM »

If were going prime-for-prime - I think Shaq would have a harder time guarding Hakeem than vice-versa. That's because he got waaay more offensive moves while Shaq relies mostly on his power-game. That's one match for the ages (94/95 Hakeem vs. 00/01 Shaq) people would love to watch, but I think the outcome would be similar to that 1995 NBA Finals - Shaq would def hold his own against Hakeem, but "The Dream" would come out on top of that game :)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2014, 12:00:18 PM »
i agree ^

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2014, 06:21:09 PM »

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=55140.25

i forgot how hilarious tone was back n the day LOL.....he actually sat there tryna argue that kobe would be a second option to garnett lmfao, hackesque

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2014, 07:35:03 PM »
he would've been back when the trade happened in 2004

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2014, 07:47:26 PM »
he would've been back when the trade happened in 2004

dumbassx2