Author Topic: Now that Dre is 49 , if we dont get a solo album in a year ,it will never happen  (Read 704 times)

dameons

Not that it will happen anyways , but 50 is THE deadline because that is officially  ancient . Why has he never officially announced anything about retiring ?

Okka

"Detox" ain't never comin' out.

Hack Wilson - real

if Dre wanted to cement his legacy in rap as being the only rapper to drop 3 for 3 classic LP's then he'd be smart to drop detox before 2016.  he can pretty much make it a "dr dre raps 1 verse on 7 songs but the CD is 19 songs with 3 skits deep" type of album and he'll sell at least 3 million copies at long as Eminem is one of those many guests.

Hack Wilson - real

i'd love to hear the song Slaughterhouse did with Dre but i'm afraid it sucks based on the fact it hasn't been released yet...

KrazySumwhat

Yeah i gave up long ago. Its a real shame. And its tru he wouldn't even have to rap on it much for it to be a success. Then again, he dosent seem to produce anymore so i guess that he would?..

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
wow ppl still care about this shit and the west coast is fucking POPPING right now.

Okka

wow ppl still care about this shit and the west coast is fucking POPPING right now.

Exactly. Do we really need a new album from Dre? Not in my opinion.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
"this aint your grandpas westcoast"

Jimmy H.

Not that it will happen anyways , but 50 is THE deadline because that is officially  ancient . Why has he never officially announced anything about retiring ?
Putting out an album at 48 or 49 is basically the same.  We're not talking about some MC trying to lyrically represent and hold his own with the youth.  Dre can do Detox at 60 as far as I'm concerned.  It's about production. However, right now, I don't hold out much hope for that project ever coming out.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
im not saying i wouldnt download then cop if it was dope...im just saying at this point it really dont matter.

its time to pass the torch and recognize all these new cats making huge moves on the wc scene

sidenote: does anyone have the rare version of secrets of war where tupac has a migraine in the booth and has hennesee spilled on his wife beater...preferably in 764 kbps .FLAC only please.

doggfather

+1
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

donfathaimmortal

+1

Co-sign! Fo Sure.
All this "Detox Related" material was shitty rap music (mainstream, nothing special).
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

That was the old era.. hip-hop was young then.  I still remember it was on the Rhyme and Reason documentary that Too Short was retiring, he was only like 29.  They showed footage of his retirement party and everything.  This was when he came out with his magnum opus "Gettin It", which is still one of my favorite tracks of all time.  That was his swan song.

Since then he's released numerous albums and still doing it.

We are in a new era now where rappers can be like the Rolling Stones and still tour and release albums even as old men.  Trust me, The Dre's, the Eminem's, the Snoop's, these guys are all gonna still be roccin it when they are old and grey.   You even see rappers like Mackelmore or Royce that don't even have their first gold record till they are like 30. 

It's not like back in the day when Eminem's people were almost trying to make Em sound like he was 24 when SSLP dropped when he was really 26.  You can be 40 and come out with your debut nowadays.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

KrazySumwhat

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0FH1PR8bA78" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0FH1PR8bA78</a>

DeeezNuuuts83

Detox tracks will be the entrance songs for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao