Author Topic: list of artist that were failures and Embarrassments to the west coast  (Read 849 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Crooked I (Really bad solo album.  The beats were so bad it sounds like he went to some local studio and some amatur made some fruity loops shit)

you referring to Apex Predator or Hood Star?

either way both had some dope ass beats on them and a few stinkers too.  but both CD's were worth listening to.  neither are classic albums by any stretch but both are worth peeping.

doublee313

Crooked I (Really bad solo album.  The beats were so bad it sounds like he went to some local studio and some amatur made some fruity loops shit)

you referring to Apex Predator or Hood Star?

either way both had some dope ass beats on them and a few stinkers too.  but both CD's were worth listening to.  neither are classic albums by any stretch but both are worth peeping.

I feel ripped off with Apex Predator.  The lyrics are good, but I only can bump 3 songs.  No Sleep Gang, Vegas on Biz, some other.  Really for a solo, he should have stuck with his producer from Mr. Pigface.  That was dope.

Hack Wilson - real

he should have mixed Pigface and Block Obama 2 EP into one LP

or In None We Trust + Pigface together

EAZY-LI

Snoop Dogg  ;)
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

GangstaBoogy

Biggest embarrassment...Da Game is to Be Sold and Not Told

he should have mixed Pigface and Block Obama 2 EP into one LP

That's always been my opinion aswell
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

aerroc

lot of hate on snoop here but it is true but this guy is worse Topzilla

Will_B

Biggest embarrassment...Da Game is to Be Sold and Not Told

Snoop proved with doggfather he was only capable of dropping a classic under Dre

Personally I like Da Game as a funk/rap album (even if snoop sounds pretty ass on the mic). And let's be honest, he put out wayyyy worse projects since...

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Snoop - Sold out
Game - so much cornball shit from this guy dont know where to start
40 Glocc - no explanation needed
Guerilla Black - no explanation needed
Mista Fab - cosignin white people sayin nigger gets him here
Crooked I - damn near 20 yrs in rap n thats all you got to show for it lol
 just to name a few
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Hack Wilson - real

Game's problem was when Jimmy Rosemond started pulling Game away from G Unit he listened to Jimmy like a moron

Jimmy H.

Snoop proved with doggfather he was only capable of dropping a classic under Dre

I don't think that is a fair assessment. I think Snoop was capable of making classics back then, the timing just wasn't right on that one.

Blood$

LOL at people really naming dudes like Snoop, Game, Kurupt, Rage, etc. in here

it's one thing if you think they may have fell off musically (which is the case with some) but to call them a failures and an embarrassment in general? y'all trying way too hard to troll some euros or you never heard their entire catalogs lol

GangstaBoogy

Game's problem was when Jimmy Rosemond started pulling Game away from G Unit he listened to Jimmy like a moron

How so? If anything Jimmy kept Game walking a straight and narrow path. Remember when Jimmy was around Game's popularity was at its peak. He had movies, his own shoe line, Doctor's Advocate was produced by Henchmen's camp. Since he's been locked up and Game has been making his own decisions with TayDoe he's been taking L's. He's coppying every rapper in the industry, nothing is consistent, stories all over the place, clearly trying to force people to like him (Dwight Howard disease).

I don't think that is a fair assessment. I think Snoop was capable of making classics back then, the timing just wasn't right on that one.

Nope Do Buy Albums has it right. Doggystyle is classic, no need to revisit that. But let's take a look at his projects after...

Doggfather - dry / dull sounding, complete letdown compared to Doggystyle
Da Game is to Be Sold... - AWFUL. tried to hard too be Mr. Bout it, Bout it
No Limit Top Dogg - great comeback! definitely back on track. Guess who was back in the picture?
Tha Last Meal - great album. back to back albums that i wish replaced Doggfather / Da Game. but again...who's handprints were all over this album?
Paid tha Cost... - actually a dope album. fresh sounding, reinvented himself nicely
R&G - i can't get jiggy with this shit
Tha Blue Carpet Treatment - probably the last good album we'll hear from him. hey who was back in the picture? ahh-hahh
Ego Trippin - looked good on paper but ehh, nothing worth listening to again
Malice n Wonderland - should've been called Da Game is to Be Sold Pt.2 - fuck this album
Doggumentary - too much going on, more of a compilation of good leftovers if anything
Reincarnated - not even wasting my time

So out of the 4 dope bolded albums only 1 was Dre-less. ill give him credit for Tha Eastsidaz album too but there's clearly a track record of Snoop not delivering without Dre. By no means is he a failure, he's just too cocky for his own good.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Game is To be Sold was not awful by any stretch. Listen to it now with some perspective and see what you think. Some real jams there...

GangstaBoogy

^ I did a few weeks ago...still feel the same way I do now as I did 16 years ago. That album is just not him at all. I'd rather listen to Silkk the Shocker's Made Man album.

Blood$

I didn't think Da Game was good or awful as a whole, just ok but "Slow Down" is one of my favorite Snoop songs  8)