Author Topic: Ron Artest Shits on Dwight Howard.................  (Read 3521 times)

Sccit

Re: Ron Artest Shits on Dwight Howard.................
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 06:20:16 PM »
Incredible lmao. I can't believe I spent years of my life debating LeBron/Kobe with a man so biased.

:D  it's pretty silly, isn't it?

"KENDALL MARSHALL IS BETTER THAN RONDO"

"TRACY MCGRADY IS BETTER THAN LEBRON"

"RON ARTEST IS BETTER THAN DWIGHT HOWARD"

"PAU GASOL IS BETTER THAN HAKEEM OLAJUWAN"

Okay, maybe I made that last one up but is it really any worse off than his first 3 claims?  :D

u have a funny way of twistin shit

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 06:40:16 PM »
Incredible lmao. I can't believe I spent years of my life debating LeBron/Kobe with a man so biased.

:D  it's pretty silly, isn't it?

"KENDALL MARSHALL IS BETTER THAN RONDO"

"TRACY MCGRADY IS BETTER THAN LEBRON"

"RON ARTEST IS BETTER THAN DWIGHT HOWARD"

"PAU GASOL IS BETTER THAN HAKEEM OLAJUWAN"

Okay, maybe I made that last one up but is it really any worse off than his first 3 claims?  :D

u have a funny way of twistin shit

well I'm assuming this means you take back the Marshall and Rondo and T-mac and Lebron statements.  This is a win for the Dubcc sports section and LAMB fans alike.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 07:40:55 PM »
The tmac statement was made when tmac was having an MVP caliber season and Lebron hadn't seen his prime yet.... As for rondo, he's obviously better than Marshall now, but rondo's arrow is pointin down while Marshall's is pointin up

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
The tmac statement was made when tmac was having an MVP caliber season and Lebron hadn't seen his prime yet.... As for rondo, he's obviously better than Marshall now, but rondo's arrow is pointin down while Marshall's is pointin up

lmao!  Rondo is dropping mad assist with scrubs right now while coming back from an injury.  He'll be a monster next year assuming Boston gets him some help.  I pray he doesn't get traded unless it's to OKC for Durant or Miami for Lebron.  Or the Blazers with Green for a combo trade of Lillaird and Aldridge.  Then i'd take that trade :D   8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 09:26:46 PM »
Jermaine O'Neal was clearly the franchise. Like I said, Ron Artest was just the muscle & big time defender. He averaged like 16 PPG. I don't think any team in NBA history has "built around" a player not averaging at least twenty (besides a point guard).

Just because at the time he was probably the second best Pacer on the team & Bruce Bowen was like the sixth best player on the Spurs doesn't mean their skill sets aren't the same.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 09:31:42 PM »
Jermaine O'Neal was clearly the franchise. Like I said, Ron Artest was just the muscle & big time defender. He averaged like 16 PPG. I don't think any team in NBA history has "built around" a player not averaging at least twenty (besides a point guard).

Just because at the time he was probably the second best Pacer on the team & Bruce Bowen was like the sixth best player on the Spurs doesn't mean their skill sets aren't the same.

are u trollin now or are u foreal comparing bruce bowen to ron artest?....i cant tell.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 09:36:12 PM »
You truly don't see how they played a similar game outside of Ron being better?

I thought you had a grip of the game when it comes to things non-related to Lakers/players compared to Kobe.

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 09:41:06 PM »
You truly don't see how they played a similar game outside of Ron being better?

I thought you had a grip of the game when it comes to things non-related to Lakers/players compared to Kobe.

ron artest gave u 20 points a game and was the best perimeter defender in the league in his prime.......bruce bowen, not so much

it's pretty much the same comparison as artest made with kelly vs durant lmao

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 09:52:30 PM »
He averaged 20 PPG once in his career...exactly 20 in Sacramento...by himself.

You're not understanding. You said Ron in his prime > Dwight. The only reason I brought up Bruce Bowen is because they played a similar role on the team. Play great perimeter defense, Bruce threw up threes, so did Ron when he was open. Ron clearly did it better. But at no point was Ron a "scoring threat". He just got scrappy, rough nigga points.

Bottom line, Dwight rebounding, blocking shots, clogging the middle, backing down creating double teams & just overall as a player on the floor is better than Ron Artest at any point.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 10:04:10 PM »
He averaged 20 PPG once in his career...exactly 20 in Sacramento...by himself.

You're not understanding. You said Ron in his prime > Dwight. The only reason I brought up Bruce Bowen is because they played a similar role on the team. Play great perimeter defense, Bruce threw up threes, so did Ron when he was open. Ron clearly did it better. But at no point was Ron a "scoring threat". He just got scrappy, rough nigga points.

Bottom line, Dwight rebounding, blocking shots, clogging the middle, backing down creating double teams & just overall as a player on the floor is better than Ron Artest at any point.

HIS PRIME YEARS HE WAS ALWAYS RIGHT AROUND 20

LMAO AT PLAYING A SIMILAR ROLE...ARTEST WAS A FOCAL POINT OF THE PACERS OFFENSE, DO UR RESEARCH

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2006.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2005.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2004.html

BRUCE BOWEN WOULD BE LUCKY TO BE CONSIDERED AN 8TH OPTION ON ANY TEAM HE'S EVER PLAYED FOR

COME ON NOW DAWGY, UR COMPARISON IS EMBARRASSING AND U MOST LIKELY UNDERVALUE ARTEST BECAUSE U WERE TOO YOUNG TO SEE HIM IN HIS PRIME. I SEE WHAT IT IS. JUST REALIZE THAT COMPARING HIM TO BRUCE BOWEN IS BY FAR THE FUNNIEST SHIT IN THIS THREAD.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 10:29:35 PM »
1. JO scored more than him in every year you posted.
2. The second link you posted Artest played seven games & got suspended for the season from the brawl.
3. I didn't undervalue Artest. I said they had a similar skill set & Artest was much better than him. The point was that Dwight's role is more valuable than Ron's role of being muscle, an elite defender & "getting his" by hustling.

If I did learn anything in all these years it's that you'll change my story & what I said & my point to come off correct. Just address how Ron was close to being better than Dwight.

Not to mention you taught me you can always cop out & say "I have all of Magic Johnson's Ron Artest's DVD's & played a few video games with him in it...I can speak on behalf on seeing Ron"...not to mention I was 14 during Ron's prime.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 01:57:53 AM »
Even if artest was a second option, he was easily a better second option than Dwight .. Bruce Bowen simply shoulda never been brought in to this conversation

Citizen-Y

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 05:33:35 AM »
First off, a huge el oh el at the Rockets being built around Artest.  He was an addition to a roster of really good players that was obviously built around McGrady and Yao.  When McGrady went down naturally Artest was asked to score more.  Von Wafer also picked up the slack.  Artest was brought in for his defense and history with Adelman, not because he was to be showcased as a star.

The Pacers teams he was second fiddle to Jermaine and deferred to a still effective Reggie Miller.  His offense was dreadful then.  Then the Malace at the Palace happened and the rest of his time in Indiana was less then memorable.  He tried to take off a year to promote a fucking R&B group. 

Then he went to Sacramento and tried the bruise brother role with Bonzi, their best year they took the Spurs to 7 and that was it.  Dude's defense was always stellar and with that reputation he got away with a lot of mugging.  His offense that was close to the rim can be summed up with "NO DON'T TAKE THAT SHOT OH MY GOD IT WENT IN HOW?"

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 10:02:56 AM »
my boy Metta strikes again!
The West is Back

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 02:07:35 PM »
First off, a huge el oh el at the Rockets being built around Artest.  He was an addition to a roster of really good players that was obviously built around McGrady and Yao.  When McGrady went down naturally Artest was asked to score more.  Von Wafer also picked up the slack.  Artest was brought in for his defense and history with Adelman, not because he was to be showcased as a star.

The Pacers teams he was second fiddle to Jermaine and deferred to a still effective Reggie Miller.  His offense was dreadful then.  Then the Malace at the Palace happened and the rest of his time in Indiana was less then memorable.  He tried to take off a year to promote a fucking R&B group. 

Then he went to Sacramento and tried the bruise brother role with Bonzi, their best year they took the Spurs to 7 and that was it.  Dude's defense was always stellar and with that reputation he got away with a lot of mugging.  His offense that was close to the rim can be summed up with "NO DON'T TAKE THAT SHOT OH MY GOD IT WENT IN HOW?"

t-mac went down, yao went down, artest was the guy that year and they went into the playoffs with the team built around him......don't rewrite history just so u can make Dwight look better lol smh typical citizen-y shiet