Author Topic: NEW OWNER OF WORST CONTRACT IN SPORTS HISTORY IS...  (Read 316 times)

Hack Wilson - real

NEW OWNER OF WORST CONTRACT IN SPORTS HISTORY IS...
« on: March 27, 2014, 09:02:07 PM »
miguel cabrera

10 years, 292 mill

isn't he 30 now?

lmao @ baseball.  this doesn't make me want to buy MLB shit  lol

Hack Wilson - real

Re: NEW OWNER OF WORST CONTRACT IN SPORTS HISTORY IS...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:03:42 PM »
FYI   yes Miggy will be an elite hitter for another couple years and a good hitter after that.  29 mill worth?  with his defense?  no.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 09:36:25 PM »
I was just about to make a topic about this. You guys remember when we laughed at Robinson Cano for demanding the same sized contract before he eventually had to "settle" with what Seattle offered? Miggy actually got that. Of course, Miggy is the best hitter in baseball and superior to Cano, but nobody short of Mike fucking Trout is worth a 10 year 300 million.

The future for baseball teams is looking scary. Franchises are about to be crippled badly with these shitty ass contract.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 09:54:22 PM »
I was just about to make a topic about this. You guys remember when we laughed at Robinson Cano for demanding the same sized contract before he eventually had to "settle" with what Seattle offered? Miggy actually got that. Of course, Miggy is the best hitter in baseball and superior to Cano, but nobody short of Mike fucking Trout is worth a 10 year 300 million.

The future for baseball teams is looking scary. Franchises are about to be crippled badly with these shitty ass contract.

Free agency is a joke in the MLB.

I'd give Trout, Harper and Machado (if he proves he's healthy) this type of deal though. If Wacha is lights out this year, maybe him too.

This deal can't be given out to anyone over 24. 25 the absolute max if it's for a guy of Trout's skill.

Every above mid level in baseball should test the market when their time comes. Automatically get an overpaid.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 11:40:39 PM »

Free agency is a joke in the MLB.

I'd give Trout, Harper and Machado (if he proves he's healthy) this type of deal though. If Wacha is lights out this year, maybe him too.

This deal can't be given out to anyone over 24. 25 the absolute max if it's for a guy of Trout's skill.

Every above mid level in baseball should test the market when their time comes. Automatically get an overpaid.

I dunno about Wacha, I think Jose Fernandez would easily have a better shot than him. And I would probably add Puig to that list as well, though him and Harper are kind of in the same boat where their personalities might stop them from acquiring the same amount of suitors that a Mike Trout would get, before some stupid team inevitably folds and breaks the bank to get them.

Remedy360

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 12:25:20 PM »

This sounds like jealousy.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 01:39:13 PM »

says you

as a baseball fan I am not down with other teams not learning from the A-rod contract.  you don't give dudes in their 30's 10 year deals...it's fucking retarded and only the fans suffer in the long run with prices of merch and tickets.

MistaNova

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 01:51:29 PM »
Awesome, now those fags in Detroit will be fucked financially for the next ten years 8).

I suppose that this means Max Scherzer is as good as gone after this season too.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 01:53:20 PM »
Detroit is gonna be pretty good next year though.  Cabrera can go back to 1st base where he belongs too.

MistaNova

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 07:25:48 PM »
The division's not as horrible as it was last year though. The only team you can really cross out this time are the Twins.
Detroit's a little weaker offensively by trading away Fielder for a pretty overrated Kinsler (according to Rangers fans, he pops up or grounds out once every two/three at-bats) and their rotation took a hit when they traded away Fister for practically nothing. They'll still be a contender, but the Indians and Royals won't be pushovers and the White Sox are basically a big question mark. When you think they're going to be good they suck, when you think they're going to be bad they put up a win.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 10:58:51 PM »
The division's not as horrible as it was last year though. The only team you can really cross out this time are the Twins.
Detroit's a little weaker offensively by trading away Fielder for a pretty overrated Kinsler (according to Rangers fans, he pops up or grounds out once every two/three at-bats) and their rotation took a hit when they traded away Fister for practically nothing. They'll still be a contender, but the Indians and Royals won't be pushovers and the White Sox are basically a big question mark. When you think they're going to be good they suck, when you think they're going to be bad they put up a win.

Yeah Texas definitely won that trade when you factor in how much of a percentage Detroit is eating up in Fielder's contract. Kinsler is overrated as hell, I watched a ton of his games when Dodgers were interested in him before they ended up pursuing Alexander Guerrero (who sadly is still much worse than Kinsler) and the dude becomes a cancer depending on whether or not his team is dominating the division. He's a whiner. Fielder is going to be a juggernaut in Arlington.

Detroit has made some very shitty moves this offseason. Great job shedding salary though. Plus they still have dope pitching regardless.

Remedy360

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 11:17:34 AM »

says you

as a baseball fan I am not down with other teams not learning from the A-rod contract.  you don't give dudes in their 30's 10 year deals...it's fucking retarded and only the fans suffer in the long run with prices of merch and tickets.

It's not a matter of "learning from A-Rod" that's just the direction contracts are going in, A-Rod was just the tip of the iceberg. That's what superstars are going to request these days. If baseball had a salary cap things would be different. Do you want that as a Yankees fan?