Author Topic: D'Antoni resigns with Lakers.  (Read 733 times)

Citizen-Y

Re: D'Antoni resigns with Lakers.
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 07:12:49 PM »
Do they have any picks to get any of his players

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 07:51:18 PM »
I mean, they're gonna be in the lottery. They could land Julius Randle. I don't know if they'd take him if they got a top seven or eight pick though.

James Young is projected outside of the lottery. So outside chance lol.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 10:43:24 PM »
Cham gets texts straight from Adande

My nigga. 8)

8)

..but yo.. the Lakers have been down before, I remember after Shaq left everyone thought the Lakers were fucked, and in the Nick Van Exel days they weren't that solid.   But they aquired Shaq and that changed everything... then after Shaq left they made moves to get Gasol and that changed everything...

The Kobe deal might have them fucked for a couple years though.  But it won't be long before they land a big free agent signing or two and get back in business.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Remedy360

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 11:52:11 PM »
Cham gets texts straight from Adande

My nigga. 8)

But it won't be long before they land a big free agent signing or two and get back in business.

That's really the bottom line. You can never expect them to be down for too long.

Mietek23

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 04:09:35 AM »
..but yo.. the Lakers have been down before, I remember after Shaq left everyone thought the Lakers were fucked, and in the Nick Van Exel days they weren't that solid.   But they aquired Shaq and that changed everything... then after Shaq left they made moves to get Gasol and that changed everything...

The Kobe deal might have them fucked for a couple years though.  But it won't be long before they land a big free agent signing or two and get back in business.

Shaq left in 04 and they acquired Gasol in 08 so it wasen't like the bounced back immediately. Plus, we don't know how much Kobe got left in his tank, how well he's going to play next season and will he be able to avoid another injury - along with that comes the free agent thing and draft pick.. there are simply too many unknowns when it comes to Lakers so we should wait and see what they are going to do.

Personally, I believe it will take them 2-3 years to rebouild and be contenders again..

Citizen-Y

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 06:06:13 AM »
Ask Knicks fans how long it takes to be contenders again.  The Lakers had some of the best basketball minds in the world for decades.  Jerry, probably the greatest NBA owner, somehow Jerry West was an even better GM than player.  Jim isn't on his father's level and Kupchak isn't West. 

Plus I don't see Phil walking through that door.

Remedy360

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2014, 10:57:47 AM »
Ask Knicks fans how long it takes to be contenders again.  The Lakers had some of the best basketball minds in the world for decades.  Jerry, probably the greatest NBA owner, somehow Jerry West was an even better GM than player.  Jim isn't on his father's level and Kupchak isn't West. 

Knicks aren't really a fair comparison though..

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2014, 02:24:03 PM »
theory:  Kobe offered to give him half his remaining salary for the rest of his career to resign :D

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 02:40:59 PM »

this guy is a dwight howard fan....nuff said

Citizen-Y

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 07:28:42 PM »

Why?  They are both huge markets that the media always pumps up as destinations for free agents.  What does LA offer that New York doesn't have?  They don't have Jerry Buss or West anymore.  Kobe is done, Phil is in New York.  They can grasp at drafting a future superstar by tanking if they have any picks.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2014, 09:48:39 AM »

Why?  They are both huge markets that the media always pumps up as destinations for free agents.  What does LA offer that New York doesn't have?  They don't have Jerry Buss or West anymore.  Kobe is done, Phil is in New York.  They can grasp at drafting a future superstar by tanking if they have any picks.

You must be retarded bru

Citizen-Y

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 10:31:50 AM »
You are so far into the forest you can't see the trees.  You will realize how much in common you have with Knicks fans in year 4 of your rebuild.  Enjoy.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2014, 03:53:47 PM »
You are so far into the forest you can't see the trees.  You will realize how much in common you have with Knicks fans in year 4 of your rebuild.  Enjoy.

b...but the Lakers will get Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook!  Two guys who are the best playoff performers ever!!  ;)

Citizen-Y

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2014, 08:04:34 AM »

b...but the Lakers will get Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook!  Two guys who are the best playoff performers ever!!  ;)

and they will get the number 1 pick, each year until one turns into a superstar. Oh and Mike Krzyzewski will coach them.

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2014, 10:55:47 AM »
Someone is mad because the rockets will be worse than the lakers next year