Author Topic: What do you all think of Young Buck?  (Read 462 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
What do you all think of Young Buck?
« on: May 23, 2014, 05:27:02 PM »
Like Nas' said.. when "Get Rich Or Die Trying" album dropped it was the last time I really felt hip-hop was alive.  G Unit was kind of a spin-off of that and they got to ride 50's success for a minute, up through Game's debut on Aftermath G-Unit was kind of playing the lead and holding hip-hop down.

I wasn't a huge fan of Young Buck but I do remember he had a few bangers on the album he put out around 04'.

...I don't blame him for the 50 Cent shit, because it that's some dirty shit for 50 to pull to release a private phone conversation like that.  Young Buck was kind of forced into a bad position because he needed 50 so much more than 50 needed him and obviously 50 wasn't respecting him.

...not to mention Young Buck put his life on the line for Dre, that's something Dre fans shouldn't forget, that stabbing incident.  Who was it that tried to stab Dre anyway?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

sav

Re: What do you all think of Young Buck?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 05:42:45 PM »
"Buck The World" is a solid album.

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 06:03:50 PM »
both of Buck's albums on G-Unit are classics

MistaNova

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 06:10:43 PM »
I remember Young Buck for his song Get Buck and his track Stomp where TI and Ludacris dissed each other.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 06:42:33 PM »
he's dope but after that cryin' on the phone shit wit 50 I couldn't listen to no nigga like that.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 08:32:16 PM »
At first, I wasn't much a fan of the South influence he brought but that first solo album he put out was really good.  I enjoyed him as an artist after that.

...I don't blame him for the 50 Cent shit, because it that's some dirty shit for 50 to pull to release a private phone conversation like that.  Young Buck was kind of forced into a bad position because he needed 50 so much more than 50 needed him and obviously 50 wasn't respecting him.
  I actually have to agree with mostly how 50 handled that.  I am not sure if I would have leaked the call but his point behind it was valid.  Buck's behavior was becoming erratic in saying one thing and doing the other. He specifically states that even if he moved way from 50, he wouldn't go working with Game but then the moment the distance becomes apparent, he jumps on a track with Game.

From a personal standpoint, I don't roll with people who represent inconsistency with their loyalties. I can't tell someone what loyalty is.  If they don't know what it is by a certain point, I feel it is in my best interest to excommunicate them from my circle. In my younger years, I would encounter friends who would be extremely loud with their words when it's all of us in a room but when the problem they had came before them, their actions changed and suddenly, it was alright for them to be over there, acting okay with them. In another situation, I had a couple of friends betray another friend of mine.  I sided with my friend because the situation was fucked up and they were acting shady about it. There was a third friend who sided with them because it benefited him at the time.  When he got fucked by them, he wanted to reach out and try to behave like it was cool again but nobody wanted a part of him. The reason being it is motivated by desperation and people like that can't be trusted. I bring this up because when 50 made that comment when the Buck rift happened about telling Buck to stay close to him so that he wouldn't keep making mistakes, something about that rang true to some of my past dealings.

And with me, I'm simply talking about petty everyday shit. 50 is a multi-millionaire creating situations that allow these other guys to eat comfortably.

...not to mention Young Buck put his life on the line for Dre, that's something Dre fans shouldn't forget, that stabbing incident.  Who was it that tried to stab Dre anyway?
Nobody was trying to stab Dre.  Someone sucker-punched him when he was going for an autograph to make him look bad at the Vibe Awards then 50's G-Unit guys ran up and knocked the guy out and his crew. Buck stabbed him to put the exclamation point on the receipt they were giving. They didn't do this to save Dre's life. It was done to send a message to anyone trying to humiliate their boss that they weren't going to sit back and let it happen.

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 09:10:14 PM »
he's dope but after that cryin' on the phone shit wit 50 I couldn't listen to no nigga like that.

I'm a huge fan of Buck and even for me that was tough to listen to  :laugh:

but at the same time 50 was still a low key snake for recording conversations of his own dudes, police type of shit

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 10:40:44 PM »

but at the same time 50 was still a low key snake for recording conversations of his own dudes, police type of shit

exactly
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

doggfather

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 12:37:09 AM »
he is ok nuthin special, but ok.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 12:52:49 AM »
Dope rapper. Hopefully he can get off of G-Unit Records and release a new album soon.

Blood$

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 09:44:08 AM »
I heard at least 3 times over that he was "off" G-Unit but yet he still can't get it together to drop a proper album

Seagully

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 10:27:44 AM »
YOUNG BUCK is WAY 2 REAL.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 11:30:37 AM »
Buck could've carved himself a 2Pac style lane but messed it all up instead. His ear for beats also fell off around about the time he went extra country.

Blood$

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2014, 12:08:33 PM »
His ear budget for beats also fell off around about the time he went extra country.

fixed

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2014, 12:26:53 PM »
   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.