Author Topic: With Jon Singleton's Debut, The Astros Are Finally Here  (Read 176 times)

MistaNova

With Jon Singleton's Debut, The Astros Are Finally Here
« on: June 04, 2014, 11:30:56 AM »
I wrote a small piece on this topic for Da Sauce but the gist of it was that with the Singleton promotion, the Astros have finally made the leap from a punchline to a pretender. The 2015 Astros that is.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: With Jon Singleton's Debut, The Astros Are Finally Here
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 01:19:53 AM »
Yeah Astros are going to be legit in a year or so. I think Indians are going to be on the rise someday too.. though they actually made the play-offs last year before getting eliminated in the wildcard. Their starting pitching is looking to be great. Corey Kluber and Trevor Bauer are slowly on the rise, and Justin Masterson is still doing his thang.

Remedy360

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 01:32:37 AM »
Yeah Astros are going to be legit in a year or so. I think Indians are going to be on the rise someday too.. though they actually made the play-offs last year before getting eliminated in the wildcard. Their starting pitching is looking to be great. Corey Kluber and Trevor Bauer are slowly on the rise, and Justin Masterson is still doing his thang.

Yeah, as much of a joke as the Astros are now that farm system is loaded with talent, plus they'll presumably have another top five pick this year and maybe the next. AL West fans were excited them moving cause of had bad they are currently but I don't think it's gonna last as long as a lot of people think. It's not like the team's been a doormat for the last few decades like the Royals or something.

MistaNova

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 10:02:52 AM »
I think Indians are going to be on the rise someday too.. though they actually made the play-offs last year before getting eliminated in the wildcard. Their starting pitching is looking to be great. Corey Kluber and Trevor Bauer are slowly on the rise, and Justin Masterson is still doing his thang.

Question is whether or not the Tribe can afford to keep Masterson any longer. He's a free agent at the end the year and if the Indians continue to look like pretenders instead of contenders, he could be traded to a team that needs pitching. Plus Asdrubal Cabrera's going to be a free agent as well. I've spoken to some insiders and according to them keeping both is not a possibility. If they were to try and keep somebody it'd probably be Masterson since the Indians already have some in-house options at shortstop in Lindor and Rodriguez. Only problem is that they're not 100% MLB ready, yet.
But yeah the Indians will be the shit in a few years when Lindor, Frazier, Paulino and Naquin are up in the bigs. By then the Tigers will be a much older and much weaker team regretting the Miggy contract so the division should be a lot more competitive.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 12:11:56 PM »
Speaking of good, young talent, Gregory Polanco will be up soon for Pittsburgh.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 07:45:59 AM »
"shout out to big motherfuckin John Singleton" - 2pac   "don't call me bitch" outro