Author Topic: E-A-SKI's new album 'Apply Pressure' is ...  (Read 251 times)

dawgggpound4life

• Lil Geezy
  • San Diego's - 'Mr.Shadow'
E-A-SKI's new album 'Apply Pressure' is ...
« on: April 13, 2003, 05:52:48 AM »
What's up from Australia,

disappointing from the 7 audio tracks that you can hear at his website at this link:

http://www.mreaski.com/index2.htm

Go to audio section and listen to some realplayer tracks. There's tracks also featuring E-40, B-Legit, Ice Cube & MC Ren.

The only track I'm feeling is track 3 - 'Manuscript' .But there's still something missing from the sound of the track and the rest of the album. Just as their is with most westcoast albums that come out these dayz.

What happened to that distinct westcoast sound from back in the dayz.

Such as Doggpound's - 'What would you do' and 'Just Doggin'

Such as Ice Cube's - 'Ghetto Bird' and 'Lil Ass Gee (Eerie Gumbo Remix)'

Such as Lil 1/2 Dead's - 'Still Rollin' and 'Hood Life'

Such as Dr.Dre's and Snoop's - any Deathrow first album shit.

Man I miss that sort of Westcoast sound. Is it just me or do otherz in this forum agree with me.

The best 2 westcoast tracks I've heard in the last 3 months with that westcoast sound are Knightowl's - 'Home where the wicked roam (remix)' and underground LA group 'Squadric Clic's - 'Killas 4 Scrilla'.

Peace !

Wild_Elmo

Re:E-A-SKI's new album 'Apply Pressure' is ...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 09:24:32 AM »
anyone know what's up with his album? i heard it was getting released in march, and i havent heard anything since.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 11:11:33 AM »
^ he got dropped by columbia thats why

he posted up on wcc a while back about things and nima interviewed him here > http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/easki/ shortly before he got dropped though :(
« Last Edit: April 13, 2003, 11:13:50 AM by ÖvęR$e3r »

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 01:40:33 PM »
E-A-Ski is a musical Genius.

SikksTrey

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 08:21:38 AM »
anyone know what's up with his album? i heard it was getting released in march, and i havent heard anything since.

I read somewhere that its droppin in August. Think it was last week on WCA or Worldwideconnected.com...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2003, 08:24:24 AM by SikksTrey »
"When I fart you fall apart, a nigga got GAZ!" - Hi-C

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 08:25:06 AM »
dont judge the album before hearin it all.......

SikksTrey

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2003, 08:34:15 AM »
Here it is, from WCA:

"E-A-SKI releases "Past To Present" soon, sold through his site, mreaski.com. There's a song on there with Ski, Yukmouth and Richie Rich called 'Ooh Aah' and 'Manuscript' will be on it. Ski's "Apply pressure" LP will come out after that in August."

I think the album sounds real good, and you know it will sound even better in your car or whatever.. RA is not the best quality.
"When I fart you fall apart, a nigga got GAZ!" - Hi-C

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2003, 08:35:42 AM »
manuscript bumps in the car for sure... shakes the damn thing too pieces... hehehe

Yeah!

• 'G'
  • Don't Get It Twisted!
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2003, 09:03:39 AM »
Here it is, from WCA:

"E-A-SKI releases "Past To Present" soon, sold through his site, mreaski.com. There's a song on there with Ski, Yukmouth and Richie Rich called 'Ooh Aah' and 'Manuscript' will be on it. Ski's "Apply pressure" LP will come out after that in August."

I think the album sounds real good, and you know it will sound even better in your car or whatever.. RA is not the best quality.

Is this the EP he was talkin about? Ill have to pick that up before it becomes incredibly rare.