Author Topic: The Rays Are 24-41  (Read 720 times)

MistaNova

The Rays Are 24-41
« on: June 09, 2014, 01:48:38 PM »
Meanwhile the Astros are 28-36.

I'm starting to think that the Rays don't have what it takes to compete this year guys.

Remedy360

Re: The Rays Are 24-41
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 03:42:57 PM »
Yeah, I know their rotation is beat up but to already be this far below .500 isn't a good sign.

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 04:42:45 PM »
Jays are winning the division this year

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 05:58:51 PM »
even David Price isn't pitching like an ace this year. 

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 06:26:20 PM »

They look ridiculous this year.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 08:11:16 PM »

I'm officially a Jays fan this year.  They have a local guy, Kevin Sietzer, as their hitting coach.  He's a fan favorite around here and we are all still pissed the Royals fired him a couple years back.  He saved Alex Gordons career and the Royals were one of the better hitting teams.  But out of arrogance our manager had him fired claiming that our guys didn't hit enough home runs...

Now the Royals hit even less homeruns then when Sietzer was here and they have been the worst hitting team in the majors going thru 4 hitting coaches in less than 2 seasons since he left!!

The funniest case was Gordon.  Gordon was shuffling back and forth from the minors hitting like .220 with no power, and so Sietzer comes along and asks him if he wants to hit .230 with power or hit .300 without, and Gordon said he just wanted to hit 300.  So Sietz promised Gordon if he did what he was told he would be a .300 hitter with 5 homeruns.  Well, it turned out with Sietzer that Gordon hit over 20 homeruns and plus .300 as well!!   So he over-achieved.  The next year he comes back under Sietzer again and still hits .300 plus but this time with like 15 homers.  So Sietzer gets blamed for his "lack of homerun production" when before Sietzer the guy couldn't even stay on the major league roster!

Anyway all this has been well documented.  Gibbons is also a KC guy so he knew what was up.  Sietz still comes to the city often and chats with local media, we love him here
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:52:13 PM by ابرهم عبدالصمد »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MistaNova

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 10:38:09 PM »

Tell us though, how much longer will it be until the artificial turf destroys Jose Reyes' legs?

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 02:18:54 PM »

Tell us though, how much longer will it be until the artificial turf destroys Jose Reyes' legs?
We'll hopefully he can last another 3+ seasons since they are putting natural grass in the dome by 2018

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 03:30:25 PM »
I smell another Bay Bridge series

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qpAPILKw3iY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qpAPILKw3iY</a>

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 12:36:35 AM »
Speaking of the Rays, what do you all think of Will Myers now?  The Royals traded him and he won rookie of the year last year.  Now everyone is down on him.  Don't you all think he will be fine once he's healthy and still have a great career in Tampa?

MistaNova

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 12:56:23 AM »
Speaking of the Rays, what do you all think of Will Myers now?  The Royals traded him and he won rookie of the year last year.  Now everyone is down on him.  Don't you all think he will be fine once he's healthy and still have a great career in Tampa?

He strikes out too much.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 01:25:56 AM »

He strikes out too much.

you think he will come around or do you think there is a chance the Royals may have won the Shields/Wade Davis for Myers/Oddorizi trade?

MistaNova

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 02:09:52 AM »
you think he will come around or do you think there is a chance the Royals may have won the Shields/Wade Davis for Myers/Oddorizi trade?

There's no way the Royals will ever win that trade, Shields is out of the door and the Royals never made it to the postseason when he was with the team. Myers could flame out today and the Rays will still win that trade. Odorizzi (you spelled it wrong) has contributed a lot to the Rays this season by filling in for the injured Jeremy Hellickson in the rotation. If you combine 2013 and 2014, Myers and Odorizzi have contributed more to the Rays then Shields and Davis did for the Royals. Plus Mike Montgomery and Patrick Leonard (the two other players KC sent to Tampa) have both become top prospects in the Tampa Bay Rays organization. Montgomery is in triple-A and improving, and Leonard has been selected to this year's FSL All-Star Game and will be part of the FSL ASG Home Run Derby. Rays win, no question.
And Myers will turn it around. You don't have to be as smart as the people in the Rays organization (which you clearly aren't Infinite) to know that he is vital to the Rays' success. The Rays knows that the Rays offense is basically just Myers, Longoria and Zobrist. They will do whatever it takes to help Myers (who for all we know could just be suffering a mild sophomore slump) get back on track and help them compete next year.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 02:45:41 PM »

There's no way the Royals will ever win that trade, Shields is out of the door and the Royals never made it to the postseason when he was with the team.

Funny.  I didn't realize the 2014 season had already ended.  Last I checked they had not even played the All-Star game, but maybe I missed something.

If you combine 2013 and 2014, Myers and Odorizzi have contributed more to the Rays then Shields and Davis did for the Royals.

Again, I didn't realize the 2014 season had already finished.  Myers is contributing nothing to the Rays this season, while the Royals have a legitimate #1 starter in Shields who is leading the team in wins so far, and the best player and leader of the whole team.  Wade Davis is one of the top 5 relievers in baseball so far this season.  He has an ERA below 2.00.  Davis is locked into a longer contract. So if you think that Odorizzi is worth more than a #1 starter and a top reliever in 2014 then you are wrong... but then again you aren't counting 2014 and think the season is already over.

Plus Mike Montgomery and Patrick Leonard (the two other players KC sent to Tampa) have both become top prospects in the Tampa Bay Rays organization. Montgomery is in triple-A and improving, and Leonard has been selected to this year's FSL All-Star Game and will be part of the FSL ASG Home Run Derby. Rays win, no question.
And Myers will turn it around. You don't have to be as smart as the people in the Rays organization (which you clearly aren't Infinite) to know that he is vital to the Rays' success. The Rays knows that the Rays offense is basically just Myers, Longoria and Zobrist. They will do whatever it takes to help Myers (who for all we know could just be suffering a mild sophomore slump) get back on track and help them compete next year.

Good analysis (outside of your comments on 2014).  I agree that the Rays will likely ultimately win this trade.  Especially if they are able to get something out of Montgomery.  I also think Myers will get it back together.  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:49:27 PM by ابرهم عبدالصمد »

MistaNova

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 03:35:16 PM »
Funny.  I didn't realize the 2014 season had already ended.  Last I checked they had not even played the All-Star game, but maybe I missed something.

The Royals are a team in the AL Central but they're not called the Detroit Tigers. Their 2014 season was over before it started.

Again, I didn't realize the 2014 season had already finished.  Myers is contributing nothing to the Rays this season, while the Royals have a legitimate #1 starter in Shields who is leading the team in wins so far, and the best player and leader of the whole team.  Wade Davis is one of the top 5 relievers in baseball so far this season.  He has an ERA below 2.00.  Davis is locked into a longer contract. So if you think that Odorizzi is worth more than a #1 starter and a top reliever in 2014 then you are wrong... but then again you aren't counting 2014 and think the season is already over.

Myers has contributed, just not the numbers that everybody was expecting him to.
In the end it won't matter how great Shields, Davis or Johnson (who's already gone) were in KC. The Royals have already lost this trade. The Royals might be able to keep Davis around for a little longer, but the Rays will be able to keep around Myers, Odorizzi, Montgomery and Leonard a whole lot longer.

I like how you're suddenly all optimistic about the Royals even though you left them for dead and jumped on the Blue Jays bandwagon. Then again you were only spewing nonsense like how some nobody on the Jays is still a thing in Kansas or some shit like that.