Author Topic: Yankees' 2nd best position player is a career minor leaguer in Solarte  (Read 272 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
And a converted minor league reliever in Whitley is, in all likelihood, going to end up as their second best starting pitcher.

They're only 3.5 games behind the unstoppable Blue Jays. Needless to say, this season has been full of surprises.

Hack Wilson - real

yeah right now the best players on the team (besides pitchers) are Tex, Ellsbury and Solarte.  Who'da thunk it?

but as long as Tanaka is here the Yankees will be in the race :)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Need to make a move for Jeff.

MistaNova

It's amazing how this team has accomplished anything with the rotting corpse of Derek Jeter in the 2-spot and doing nothing but grounding out.

Remedy360

It's amazing how this team has accomplished anything with the rotting corpse of Derek Jeter in the 2-spot and doing nothing but grounding out.

Would they be winning the east if they "freed your nigga A-Rod"?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

I wish he was free.

MistaNova

That is a huge yes. For one thing, the more depth at third base (or the infield in general) the better. Solarte's starting to fall off and Johnson hasn't done much since being forced to move to another position. And Dean Anna is no Wade Boggs. It's a miracle that the third base situation isn't as bad as it was last year.
Plus, A-Rod is still a very serviceable major leaguer. Is he worth the money he's paid? Fuck no. But is he still a solid player? Fuck yes. He makes pitchers work and throw more pitches. And even if he isn't on his roids anymore he can and will punish mistakes and send them to the bleachers.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 07:27:45 PM by #FreeMyNiggaARod »

Hack Wilson - real

a-rod will come back roided outta his mind and put up a nice .290 average with 25 HR and 100 HR with maybe 10-15 SB.    not bad for an old man.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Need to make a move for Jeff.

Samardzija? Like Iveus said, Yanks really don't have anything to offer for him so they're going to have to wait to get him in free agency next year.

I DO see Yanks making a possible move for Samardzija's teammate Jason Hammel. He's just as good as Samardzija and more importantly he's a free agent at the end of this season, and being that he was a rental player for Cubs to begin with, I imagine he can cost substantially cheaper. I don't know how dedicated Yanks are to add starting pitching though, considering Whitley is the shit.

MistaNova

Samardzija? Like Iveus said, Yanks really don't have anything to offer for him so they're going to have to wait to get him in free agency next year.

I DO see Yanks making a possible move for Samardzija's teammate Jason Hammel. He's just as good as Samardzija and more importantly he's a free agent at the end of this season, and being that he was a rental player for Cubs to begin with, I imagine he can cost substantially cheaper. I don't know how dedicated Yanks are to add starting pitching though, considering Whitley is the shit.

I like Whitley but I question how long his pretty good run will last. It could go on until the end of the season but given the Yankees's luck he could get injured and require Tommy John. Eventually the league will adjust to him, how well he adjusts to the league remains to be seen.

As for Hammel, I've heard that other teams who need pitching but don't want to ruin their farm systems by trading for Samardzija or Price are thinking about trading for him too. Most notably, the Toronto Blue Jays.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination

I like Whitley but I question how long his pretty good run will last. It could go on until the end of the season but given the Yankees's luck he could get injured and require Tommy John. Eventually the league will adjust to him, how well he adjusts to the league remains to be seen.

As for Hammel, I've heard that other teams who need pitching but don't want to ruin their farm systems by trading for Samardzija or Price are thinking about trading for him too. Most notably, the Toronto Blue Jays.

Damn, Hammel on the Blue Jays sounds ridiculous. Let's hope for the rest of the AL East's sake that it doesn't happen lol, Mark Buehrle is fucking killing it this year.

MistaNova

Damn, Hammel on the Blue Jays sounds ridiculous. Let's hope for the rest of the AL East's sake that it doesn't happen lol, Mark Buehrle is fucking killing it this year.

Well the thing with the Blue Jays is that they're kind of like the Yankees. Their farm system sucks so they can't trade for anybody better.
And like the Yankees the only noteworthy prospect the Blue Jays have is a guy named Sanchez, Aaron Sanchez. He's pretty much the only top prospect left in the organization after Toronto shipped off Henderson Alvarez, Justin Nicolino and Jake Marisnick to the Marlins, and after Toronto shipped off Noah Syndergaard and Travis d'Arnaud to the Mets, and after the team promoted Anthony Gose, Kevin Pillar, Marcus Stroman, Kyle Drabek and Drew Hutchinson.
There are a few other notable guys in the lower parts of that organization (another parallel to the Yankees) but most teams want top notch MLB-ready guys who're at AA or AAA so the Jays' can't use them as trade bait.

Some Jays people have proposed trades for Jeff Samadzija, James Shields, Max Scherzer, Justin Masterson and the like but it doesn't look like they'll get any of those guys. If anything, they just might end up only picking up the recently DFA'd Trevor Cahill.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Haha Blue Jays HAVE to have five starting pitchers better than Cahill. If not that would be really sad.