Poll

Which would you choose?

AI
CP3

Author Topic: AI Or CP3?  (Read 292 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
AI Or CP3?
« on: June 21, 2014, 06:10:25 AM »
Ironically CP3 said he looked up to AI, even though he's a traditional PG, doesn't have as much heart, and flops like a fish.

Build your team, Take the last shot/ make the last play (or last couple of shots/plays). Just generally.

CP3 is always getting labeled as going down as one of the best PGs to ever play. i feel like AI gets overlooked all the time. He was 2001 basketball.

AI played with the most heart i've ever seen, the man never flopped and if he fell that means he got hit damn hard. remember in the playoffs when he played with a  broken tailbone?

and the man never needed a DEEP team (although he never had the luxury of having one, maybe the 07 nuggets but thats about it) CP3 had one of the deepest teams in the league the past two years and couldn't get out of the first round.

and AI was no mental midget, he never choked as CP3 did, like the nuggets vs hornets series in 08, and every playoff season since he joined the clippers.

not to mention the dude flops like a fish without and penalty from the league because he's a star, i mean countless nba players and coaches have said he's the best flopper in the NBA and probably flops once or twice every game.

not to mention he is not taking AI's 2001 team to the finals, LOL and damn sure aint giving the 2001 Lakers who are the best team in the playoffs the league has ever seen and give them their only loss in the playoffs and dropping 48.

not to mention i think AI beat CP3 most of the time they matched up during the seasons they were both in the league.

on a side note, people forget how good that 2001 laker team was, they beat the 01 jail blazers, the 01 sacramento queens, and the 01 spurs, they weren't no walk in the park. As Cham likes to think of it, come on dude you can't say the west was weak back then. i think all of these teams had above 50-55 wins.

but back on subject AI Or CP3? AI was like a PG of Shaq, no way of stopping him, just had to hope he missed more than he made.

as for me, its pretty obvious who I'm going with. Just wondering what everyone thinks, both have their faults but who do you choose?

2001 76ers Roster:

2014 Clippers Roster:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:12:52 AM by LooN3y »

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: AI Or CP3?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 04:39:07 AM »
oh come on? not debate worthy? I know there some CP3 stans out there

Remedy360

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 06:37:06 AM »
As a player, AI might be my favorite non-Seattle athlete period. I remember being in middle school and people going crazy over those shoes. In retrospect though, it's for me  hard not to question whether or not his shoot-first nature was too overdone, especially when he was at the point. No doubt he willed those 76ers teams to whatever success they had, but part of me wonders how well he even woulda done with other big-time players given his style of play. As far as pure talent I give it to AI hands down, but when it comes to who I would want to run my team it's harder for me to say. I'll take AI as the 2 on my team, but much less sure I'd take him over great traditional PG's. Either way, the NBA as a product was much better with him involved, no doubt about that.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 06:41:53 AM by Remedy360 »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 10:05:25 AM »
if i'm going to a game to watch someone i'll take AI

if i'm building a contending team i'll take CP3

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 12:38:34 PM »
Iverson is the greatest pound for pound player in history.

Not nearly debatable.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 05:59:28 PM »
if i'm going to a game to watch someone i'll take AI

if i'm building a contending team i'll take CP3

come on hack, contending team? the man is in his prime, had one of the deepest teams in the league for the past 2 years and still can't get out of the second round.

with all that talent, and being a traditional PG, it should of been easy for him, they got ousted by a 2 trick pony in OKC.

the man choked in NO and when he came to LA. not to mention he brought the flopping culture here when he came along.

and in NO chandler/west was probably one the best front courts in the league at that time.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 06:06:06 PM »
The Clippers roster outside of CP3 the last two years is head & shoulders better than any supporting cast Iverson ever had.

I don't necessarily blame Chris Paul. They just aren't built to win come playoff time. I've also always thought Doc Rivers was overrated as hell. Got lucky for a stretch where he had the best roster in the East by far & won some games.