Author Topic: Royals vs. Dodgers 3 game series official thread  (Read 185 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Royals vs. Dodgers 3 game series official thread
« on: June 23, 2014, 07:54:01 PM »
Royals win game one by knocking x-Royal Grienke around like he hasn't been knocked all year...  8)  Mostly dinking and dunking mixed with some power from Salvador Perez, while our #5 Starter Guthrie shuts down the Dodgers offense!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: Royals vs. Dodgers 3 game series official thread
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 12:05:30 AM »
Dodgers made a great late game comeback but looked weak as fuck otherwise. And Greinke laid a fat one.

I expect a Kershaw win, and then another disappointing loss with Dan Haren. Haren gets inexplicably overrated by internet fans so badly and I have no idea why, though I'm guessing it might be because he was underrated at one point. But that was a lifetime ago... he's been mediocre as fuck for three years.

This means I'm guessing you guys get the series 2-1. If my predictions turn out to be correct, then congrats lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 12:25:23 AM »
Dodgers made a great late game comeback but looked weak as fuck otherwise. And Greinke laid a fat one.

I expect a Kershaw win, and then another disappointing loss with Dan Haren. Haren gets inexplicably overrated by internet fans so badly and I have no idea why, though I'm guessing it might be because he was underrated at one point. But that was a lifetime ago... he's been mediocre as fuck for three years.

This means I'm guessing you guys get the series 2-1. If my predictions turn out to be correct, then congrats lol

Yeah it's great to see Guthrie pitching the way he has.  He finished off our winning streak in his last start.  Then we lost 4 straight after him and then now he started the winning again.  Before it was our #1 Shields holdin down the staff and now when he slips up, there is Guthrie bringing up the back end of the rotation.  I really think the Royals rotation can fucc with the Dodgers rotation.

...as for the rest of the series.  I'll get a look at your boy Kershaw.  Maybe we can dink and dunk a run in but I doubt it.  Anyway, I thought we would get swept.  So everything else is gravy after tonight  8)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 12:41:52 AM »

Yeah it's great to see Guthrie pitching the way he has.  He finished off our winning streak in his last start.  Then we lost 4 straight after him and then now he started the winning again.  Before it was our #1 Shields holdin down the staff and now when he slips up, there is Guthrie bringing up the back end of the rotation.  I really think the Royals rotation can fucc with the Dodgers rotation.

...as for the rest of the series.  I'll get a look at your boy Kershaw.  Maybe we can dink and dunk a run in but I doubt it.  Anyway, I thought we would get swept.  So everything else is gravy after tonight  8)

Royals have a solid rotation from 1-5, but their biggest problem is their Top 3 pitchers Shields, Vargas, and Yordano/Duffy (whoever they pick to be their #3 come play-offs) aren't really deadly enough to scare teams in the play-offs. That's usually what separates teams that slip into the play-offs and the true contenders that actually win championships.

That said, Dodgers' rotation was top-notch and we still lost in NLCS, so I suppose I shouldn't be one to talk. That's why it annoys me that we put so much stock into pitching and haven't made a single move with our position players. All it took was a pitcher like Kershaw having an off day and our offense did absolutely nothing to assist him. God, fucking Dodgers.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 11:13:19 PM »
Kershaw shuts out the Royals as expected. Next, Dan Haren will continue to disappoint us.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 11:39:34 AM »

Royals have a solid rotation from 1-5, but their biggest problem is their Top 3 pitchers Shields, Vargas, and Yordano/Duffy (whoever they pick to be their #3 come play-offs) aren't really deadly enough to scare teams in the play-offs. That's usually what separates teams that slip into the play-offs and the true contenders that actually win championships.

That said, Dodgers' rotation was top-notch and we still lost in NLCS, so I suppose I shouldn't be one to talk. That's why it annoys me that we put so much stock into pitching and haven't made a single move with our position players. All it took was a pitcher like Kershaw having an off day and our offense did absolutely nothing to assist him. God, fucking Dodgers.

yeah.. but they say good pitching beats good hitting.  I even heard some trade rumors that the Dodgers may even try to pick up even more elite starting pitching at the deadline.  Their GM really likes loading up on pitching but I think that's smart.   I mean, you can even pull up a guy from Triple AAA and he can hit you .230, but if you pull up a bumb from Triple AAA he is gonna get rocked out of the stadium... When Ventura went down and missed a start we pulled up some bumb and he didn't even make it through the first inning!!

Every once in a while a minor league guy will get away with a couple of good starts until they get a scouting report on him and hitters know what to look for.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 11:40:22 AM »
Kershaw shuts out the Royals as expected. Next, Dan Haren will continue to disappoint us.

Yeah.. Kershaw was everything he is advertised to be.  At least you got a good look at Duffy though.  He was going toe-to-toe with Kershaw most of the game.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 11:52:08 PM »

Yeah.. Kershaw was everything he is advertised to be.  At least you got a good look at Duffy though.  He was going toe-to-toe with Kershaw most of the game.

Not to take anything away from Duffy, but we started three career minor leaguers who can't hit for shit that game (Rojas, Romak, and Triunfel) in place of Dee Gordon, Ethier, and Hanley. These are guys who are only playing due to injuries, I think if Hanley played, the run differential would have been far bigger.

Anyways, today Dan Haren sucked ass as expected but Dodgers still got the win in a very hard fought game.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 12:58:57 AM »
FFFFFUUUUUUCCCKK! FUCC!  Fucc!! JIUHUJIHNJjS#$%%5^677

Its Tyme For Blunts

• Banned
  • 'G'
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »
stfu witcho gay ass royals