Author Topic: Joel Embiid is my favorite Sixer already.  (Read 322 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Joel Embiid is my favorite Sixer already.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 06:38:42 PM »
lol

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:47:10 PM »
Joel Embiid is the next Greg Odum.

Wiggins wasn't even a great player in college, how can he be a star in the NBA? 

...take it from your homie from KC 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 10:49:39 AM »
Joel Embiid is the next Greg Odum.

Wiggins wasn't even a great player in college, how can he be a star in the NBA? 

...take it from your homie from KC 

lots of guys who weren't great in college grow into great NBA players

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 11:57:46 AM »
Yeah, what the fuck nigga? Lmao.

JJ Redick was a star in college and is a solid role player in the NBA. Adam Morrision isn't even in the league anymore; great college career.

Doug McDermott had the best college career of this years draft class, possibly won't ever make an all-star game.

College has nothing to do with the pros.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 02:27:07 AM »

JJ Redick was a star in college and is a solid role player in the NBA. Adam Morrision isn't even in the league anymore; great college career.

Doug McDermott had the best college career of this years draft class, possibly won't ever make an all-star game.

okay... you listed some good examples above... but now spit game about players who were inconsistent in college and then were stars in the pros?

Who was that ficca from KState that went and played for the Heat and sucked?  I'm telling you.. in the NBA anybody can go out and have a great night shooting and score 30.  But it's about consistency.  Wiggins was never consistent in college.  Some nights it was like he wasn't even there.

Remedy360

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 03:58:20 AM »

okay... you listed some good examples above... but now spit game about players who were inconsistent in college and then were stars in the pros?

Who was that ficca from KState that went and played for the Heat and sucked?  I'm telling you.. in the NBA anybody can go out and have a great night shooting and score 30.  But it's about consistency.  Wiggins was never consistent in college.  Some nights it was like he wasn't even there.

Well it was a foregone conclusion that dude was out the door once the season was over, he was one of those guys that woulda just gone straight to the NBA no doubt without the college rule. In a lot of ways he probably didn't want to be there. There are guys like Carmelo that play for a year and  set the league on fire, but that isn't all that common. In general, the big college stars are the guys that stay there 3 or 4 years.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 11:11:14 AM »
Durant & Curry are the only players that come to mind that dominated the college ranks & went on to be superstars.

Paul George, James Harden, Blake Griffin, Damian Lillard, Kyrie Irving, John Wall, Kevin Love...all top players, had Wiggins-like numbers in college.

Anthony Davis was a monster in college too. More so defensively.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 04:23:30 PM »

RAJON RONDO

Remedy360

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 07:42:56 PM »
Durant & Curry are the only players that come to mind that dominated the college ranks & went on to be superstars.

Paul George, James Harden, Blake Griffin, Damian Lillard, Kyrie Irving, John Wall, Kevin Love...all top players, had Wiggins-like numbers in college.

Anthony Davis was a monster in college too. More so defensively.

Can add Russell Westbrook to that list too.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 11:49:04 AM »
Wiggins mailed it in during the college season, he definitely didn't wanna be there, with the NCAA making money off him when his preference was to go straight to the NBA....that, and his team ran an equal opportunity system, which means the offense wasn't built around him like it will be in the NBA. now is when you'll see the real Wiggins.

but I agree about Embiid...he could very well be the next Oden. not because he lacks talent, but because he's a big with injury conern, which is always a huge red flag on the next level. i called it before he even got injured.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 06:13:46 AM »
Wiggins mailed it in during the college season, he definitely didn't wanna be there, with the NCAA making money off him when his preference was to go straight to the NBA....that, and his team ran an equal opportunity system, which means the offense wasn't built around him like it will be in the NBA. now is when you'll see the real Wiggins.

but I agree about Embiid...he could very well be the next Oden. not because he lacks talent, but because he's a big with injury conern, which is always a huge red flag on the next level. i called it before he even got injured.

atleast somebody is with me on Embiid.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 06:16:41 AM »

Can add Russell Westbrook to that list too.

Those are good examples you guys came up with, but one thing stands out to me about all those guys you mentioned.  They are all mentally tough and competitive dudes.  Wiggins lacks the competitive fire and heart.  He will get ate up by ficcaz in the NBA who go all out.  Wiggins won't put his heart into it night in and night out like Russell Westbrook does.  Westbrook may fail at times but it's not from a lack of effort.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 01:37:13 PM »
I wouldnt of taken Embid,

all these injuries before he hit the league? People aren't supposed to be 7 Ft tall, and when they are and breaking down like this before a single 82 game pro season. that tells a lot.

look at any bigman with barring injuries like those, bynum, yao, oden. atleast yao was towards the end of his career, which i thought was cut short even though.

but on the note of college players/nba players, its infinite, he doesnt know much about basketball, which is clear from his past posts. discussion ends there.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 07:29:43 PM »
almost time for the season

any update on embid??