Author Topic: Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres for Solarte & RHP Rafael DePaula  (Read 211 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
I understand Headley is having a shitty year offensively and has 0 chance of matching his 2012 season, but this is highway robbery for Yanks.

Headley REALLY should have taken that extension offer a year ago, but I suppose it's hard to admit you'll never hit 30 homers in a season ever again.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I fuck with it.

Hack Wilson - real

he's just a rental at this point with A-rod coming back next year but Solarte clearly peaked.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Solarte clearly peaked.

Yeah, he was a fluke.

Hack Wilson - real

yankees should have offered in A-rod too :D

MistaNova

I'm not too surprised that Headley is a Yankee now. Although I'm surprised at the pieces the Yankees gave up. Solarte won't be much for the Padres except a backup infielder with lots of flexibility, and DePaula is a prospect who's closer to 25 than 20 with command issues and projects to just be a solid reliever.
Then again pitching in Petco Park is easy as shit so he just might be a dominant reliever with the Padres. Still, the Yankees managed to get an everyday third baseman for a career minor leaguer and a future reliever.

Now the question is, when will Chase Headley get hurt and go on the DL?

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Headley just got a walk off hit in a game where he wasn't even inside the stadium when it began lol.

Looks kind of weird clean-shaven, but not a McCann level of weird.