Author Topic: Make your new 2pac LP only with Death Row unreleased material .  (Read 1689 times)

Mr. Theo

Re: Make your new 2pac LP only with Death Row unreleased material .
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2014, 11:12:36 AM »
After Until The End of Time, the albums they put together weren't as good because they had less material to work with and they used too many people that Pac never worked with... Better Dayz still had a few great moments but that was about it..

No reason to hate Em for this though, Eminem did the Loyal To The Game project for free.  I think it was in the liner notes that Afeni wrote to Eminem and thanked him for doing the project for free...

...Em did it out of love and respect for Pac and Afeni

4 Free?
I Doubt.

Well..free or paid the album is a blasphemy.

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

OG The Cricket Loc

• 'G'
  • EFCC CEBUZ MOST WANTED
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2014, 11:22:25 AM »
After Until The End of Time, the albums they put together weren't as good because they had less material to work with and they used too many people that Pac never worked with... Better Dayz still had a few great moments but that was about it..

No reason to hate Em for this though, Eminem did the Loyal To The Game project for free.  I think it was in the liner notes that Afeni wrote to Eminem and thanked him for doing the project for free...

...Em did it out of love and respect for Pac and Afeni

4 Free?
I Doubt.

Word up loc ... If it aint OG its fake shit.

I was raised by thugs, schooled by killers
Learned my mathematics skills from real drug dealers

PUT SLUGS IN THEM R&B THUGS

FUCK soowoop CLICK CLACK BAAAANG

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2014, 12:50:32 PM »

4 Free?
I Doubt.

So your saying Afeni is a liar?  That's what she wrote in the liner notes.  She thanked Em for doing the album for free out of the kindness of his heart.

...I don't like the Loyal To The Game album either.  I want to hear Pac with the producers and rappers he was cool with when he was alive.  But don't make it sound like Em was trying to make money off of Pac.  

...Also, even if 2pac were alive they would of had to touch up a lot of those tracks.  They were unfinished tracks to begin with.  Like BigHutch said in his JMix interview some producer/engineer would've had to go in and finish them even if Pac was alive.  Also, a lot of the tracks didn't have sample clearance.

These are the words of Above the Law producer who was cool with Pac even when Pac was alive.  He did his great work on albums like Until The End of time honoring Pac's legacy, IMO
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 12:52:54 PM by Master P...Da Last Don »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Mietek23

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2014, 01:04:07 PM »
"Better Dayz" was the last official 'Pac album worth checking - from that point on things were starting to get weird. That album could have been much better if Amaru didn't do shady things with Johnny 'J' - the OG concept was for him to remix his own stuff, some of it which he did.

Some of the stuff he re-produced turned out amazing as far as beats are concerned - the version of "Fuck 'Em All" still was very close to the OG one, but was bangin' way harder than the previous one.  Same goes with "There U Go" and "Never Call U Bitch Again" - I prefer those remixes over the OG's.

There were some geat remixes made by other producers - for example, the beat in "Still Ballin" sounded much better than the OG. If they would keep Kurupt on the record, it would be perfect. But how those idiots from Amaru/Interscope or whoever scrapped THIS Johnny 'J' remix of "Thugz Mansion" and put out that trash version from 7 Aurelius and that wack accoustic remix with Nas is just beyond me... smfh.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ey06XC0tM14" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ey06XC0tM14</a>

This is classic 'Pac & Johnny 'J' right there - plus Tyrese is perfect on the hook. Shit's sooo smoooth 8)

Imagine this on the album along with "Changed Man" OG with new Big Syke verse added - shit would be much much better overall.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:05:47 PM by Mietek23 »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2014, 03:32:28 PM »
The song I was referring to earlier is the unreleased track... "Grab the Mic", ya'll heard that one?  Was this ever remade and put on any of the 2pac Official releases?   The version I have is the O.G. and he says "Starin In my Rearview" but it's not the same track as "Starin At The World In My Rearview"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »
The song I was referring to earlier is the unreleased track... "Grab the Mic", ya'll heard that one?  Was this ever remade and put on any of the 2pac Official releases?   The version I have is the O.G. and he says "Starin In my Rearview" but it's not the same track as "Starin At The World In My Rearview"

never released....it's a sequel

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2014, 11:46:44 PM »
You can stop BLANTANTLY STEALING MY OWN ORIGINAL CONCEPTS AND IDEAS

PAY HOMAGE TO DJ DOOBIE J ROACH

DON'T ACT ALL INNOCENT AND SAY YOU DON'T KNOW THAT'S HOW I GET DOWN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2014, 08:09:32 AM »

2.  This Life I Lead

I notice a lot of ya'll put "This Life I Lead" on there and I was always sleepin on this track cause I wasn't really feeling the Bay Area cats that were on there.  I made my own mix of the track, so now it's just 2pac and the Dogg Pound.. Fixed—Much better 8)