Author Topic: The A's pitching is not even fair...  (Read 348 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
The A's pitching is not even fair...
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:37:32 PM »
The Royals are playing great but of course now their win streak comes to an end when they have to face John Lester.  Is that even fair?  They already had the best team in the league and the best rotation. Then they go out at the trade deadline and get Lester?—That's cheating

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Remedy360

Re: The A's pitching is not even fair...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 12:03:19 AM »
I was surprised they were willing to part with Cespedes for a rental like Lester..but yeah, that rotation is beyond ridiculous.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 06:24:30 AM »
I was surprised they were willing to part with Cespedes for a rental like Lester..but yeah, that rotation is beyond ridiculous.

yeah... I guess Billy Beane thinks he lost because of pitching in previous playoffs.  It's interesting to note that Beane used to say that you construct a team for the regular season to make the playoffs, and that the playoffs is just a crapshoot.  I think he has changed his thinking on that and he now believes winning in the playoffs is about having top of the lines starters you can throw out there every game.

The JASON MRSA

Re: My KC Royals succ my blacc dicc
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 07:21:24 AM »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 09:22:01 AM »
playoffs is a crap shoot these days.  ever since they allowed the wild card it takes a lot away from the regular season for the #1 and 2 teams but adds parody in the post season

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 10:17:20 PM »
Royals won 3 of 4 games against the A's. Incredible...

A's have the best 1-5 rotation by far, but Tigers and Dodgers have a better 1-3, which will matter a lot more come play-offs time. With Beckett (Dodgers' #4) most likely done for the year, I think Tigers have the scariest overall rotation in MLB. Price, Scherzer, Anibal, Porcello... will Verlander even be pitching in the play-offs? lol

MistaNova

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 06:14:09 AM »
I think Tigers have the scariest overall rotation in MLB. Price, Scherzer, Anibal, Porcello... will Verlander even be pitching in the play-offs? lol

On paper yes, but injuries have forced them to resort to the likes of Robbie Ray and Buck Farmer.

According to a few insider reports, the A's decided to move Cespedes because they weren't confident that they could resign him (Cespedes becomes a free agent after the 2015 season and will command a hefty salary). So they moved him for a guy who they definitely won't be able to resign but will be a bigger asset in the playoffs (flags fly forever).

playoffs is a crap shoot these days.  ever since they allowed the wild card it takes a lot away from the regular season for the #1 and 2 teams but adds parody in the post season

Thanks to the wild card the Yankees managed to make the postseason in almost every year of Derek Jeter's career. Be grateful Hack.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 06:25:18 AM »
Royals won 3 of 4 games against the A's. Incredible...

Yep.. 3 of 4... (the one loss being the Lester vs. Guthrie matchup).... we are shocked even here in Kansas City.  It's the power of SungWooLee the superfan from South Korea who was hosted by twitter followers in the city and ended up throwing out the first pitch of the series, and hanging with the likes of George Brett and Billy Butler at BBQ joints around the city.....

...Not only 3 of 4 from the A's but the Royals actually got 5 of 7 from the A's, as the Royals won 2 of 3 in Oakland earlier in August as well (becoming only the second team to win a series in Oakland all year).

ROYALS ARE ON FIRE!!!  BACK IN FIRST PLACE AHEAD OF THE TIGERS NOW!!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 01:40:42 AM »

Thanks to the wild card the Yankees managed to make the postseason in almost every year of Derek Jeter's career. Be grateful Hack.
oh snap!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 05:22:26 PM »
the Yankees won the division damn near EVERY year with JEter

troll fail