Author Topic: why are people complaining about the 82 game season in the NBA?  (Read 752 times)

Hack Wilson - real

why are people complaining about the 82 game season in the NBA?
« on: October 17, 2014, 10:20:10 AM »
how the fuck is it too long?  dudes been playing 82 game schedules forever.  if anything just add another week to the season or something.

Remedy360

Re: why are people complaining about the 82 game season in the NBA?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 12:10:16 PM »
I don't really care what the players think, but as a fan it could definitely be shorter. The fact that fans have accepted the fact that players half-ass it some of the time to save themselves for the postseason says it all.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 01:26:16 PM »
I think either the league needs to add 2 more teams, or cut 8 teams from the playoffs and only have 4 teams per conference. The fact that over half the league is in the playoffs is kind of crazy. Plus, in the east so many sub .500 teams got in, and in the west so many over .500 teams didn't. If it was the top 4 for each conference it wouldn't matter. I'd also have the basketball season start in December and end in August. But that's me.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 06:19:47 AM »
I'm ok with it being 82 but never mind the 44 min. game, make it the best 16 teams.  Whether its 9 west teams & 7 east teams.  Teams with losing records don't deserve a playoff spot.  Do something stupid ass stern was too defiant to do.  Something smart.  Baseball could shorten a few games, I haven't had the time 2 think of how.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 04:45:23 AM »
And I just remembered, after watching the 30 for 30 on the championship knicks, there were 82 game seasons back then & there were no talks of shortening the season back then.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 09:00:47 AM »
Yeah, 82 game seasons have been around since the mid 60's, and before that it was 80 game seasons since 1960. So yeah, I don't think they should shorten the season at all, or even games. I'd just like to see basketball in July and August as I wait for my NFL. No one cares about basketball until Christmas time, open the season the week of Christmas,, put the big games on Christmas day, have the season still be 82 games but move everything over 6 weeks. So the playoffs are in June/July, and the Finals are in July/August. Then once basketball season is over, we can concentrate on the NFL well the WNBA plays from July-December, and then start basketball again in December. Because I'm not watching baseball in June, July or August so I need my NBA fix... LOL

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 09:48:17 AM »
Well the theory behind the players caring is that they complain that they play for national teams and shit in the offseason.

But fuck that, you're an NBA player. That should be top priority.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 10:44:04 AM »
Well the theory behind the players caring is that they complain that they play for national teams and shit in the offseason.

Then let the college players play for the national teams. I wouldn't mind if international play put the soccer rule during the Olympics of only players under 25 or something like that.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 12:56:42 PM »

and these guys act like they don't wake up at noon every day and then sit around smoking weed all day before showing up to the stadium

they got it so easy and want more money for less work?  lazy NBA players can't even hit mid range jumpers anymore.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 11:41:53 AM »
and these guys act like they don't wake up at noon every day and then sit around smoking weed all day before showing up to the stadium
Are you even vaguely familiar with that it takes to be a pro basketball player?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 02:58:51 PM »

"with that it takes"?  me no speeky broken ingwish

Remedy360

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 04:14:19 PM »

He's right. Do you have any idea what level of conditioning it takes to play at any level, let alone the NBA? Not saying it wouldn't be a great job but "wake up at noon every day and then sit around smoking weed all day" LOL

BIGTIMELA

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 07:41:45 PM »
I think either the league needs to add 2 more teams, or cut 8 teams from the playoffs and only have 4 teams per conference. The fact that over half the league is in the playoffs is kind of crazy. Plus, in the east so many sub .500 teams got in, and in the west so many over .500 teams didn't. If it was the top 4 for each conference it wouldn't matter. I'd also have the basketball season start in December and end in August. But that's me.

They should just change it to conferences instead of east and west.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2014, 01:20:23 PM »

He's right. Do you have any idea what level of conditioning it takes to play at any level, let alone the NBA? Not saying it wouldn't be a great job but "wake up at noon every day and then sit around smoking weed all day" LOL

lol i hope hack was just trolling again............

it's fine how it is, tho.. 82 games, beginning in later october and ending in mid-june.......nothing needs to be changed. the eastern conference just needs to get better, and it eventually will.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 08:56:38 AM »

They should just change it to conferences instead of east and west.

I thought of that too, as I think it would help for travel with some Mid-West teams. Say like Denver, or Memphis, or Minnesota, who play in divisions without a close team. So instead you put everyone in conferences and you are not in the same division as the closest team to you. So the Lakers and Clippers would be in difference conferences so they only play each other twice a year and so when they do play it's a bigger deal. Same with Nets and Knicks, and Orlando and Miami.

Anyways, I can't believe I drew up what I'd want it too look like... LMAO... okay...

One conference (based off teams that were either founded in the BAA or were NBA Expansion teams)
Boston Celtics (1946)
Golden State Warriors (1946)
New York Knicks (1946)
Los Angeles Clippers (1970)
Portland Trail Blazers (1970)
Phoenix Suns (1968)
Milwaukee Bucks (1968)
Oklahoma City Thunder (1967)
Dallas Mavericks (1980)
Houston Rockets (1967)
Chicago Bulls (1966)
Orlando Magic (1989)
Washington Wizards (1961)
Toronto Raptors (1995)
Cleveland Cavaliers (1970)

Two Conference (based off teams founded in the NBL or ABA, or are located in cities with historic ties to either of those leagues)
Atlanta Hawks (1958)
Detroit Pistons (1941)
Los Angeles Lakers (1947)
Philadelphia 76ers (1946)
Sacramento Kings (1923)
Brooklyn Nets (1967)
Denver Nugget (1967)
Indiana Pacers (1967)
San Antonio Spurs (1967)
Minnesota Timberwolves (1989)
Utah Jazz (1974)
New Orleans Pelicans (2002)