Author Topic: Official Music Video: Kendrick Lamar - i  (Read 1873 times)

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Official Music Video: Kendrick Lamar - i
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2014, 11:45:11 AM »
honestly if you dont appreciate what kendrick is doing right now, you shouldnt even be talking about the west coast. even though regional rap is pretty much dead in 2014, hes thriving and put compton back on the map.

Blood$

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2014, 12:49:17 PM »
honestly if you dont appreciate what kendrick is doing right now, you shouldnt even be talking about the west coast. even though regional rap is pretty much dead in 2014, hes thriving and put compton back on the map.

yup, Kendrick on the lyrical side and YG on the gangsta side  8)

westside159

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2014, 02:24:42 PM »

Don't even compare Kendrick to YG , Kendrick is on another level and YG is just another basic rapper that thinks he is cool and a gangsta . Which he isn't either one . He has some good beats that's about it .

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2014, 02:27:48 PM »

Don't even compare Kendrick to YG , Kendrick is on another level and YG is just another basic rapper that thinks he is cool and a gangsta . Which he isn't either one . He has some good beats that's about it .

YG doing something right, he blew up. dont hate on him because hes "basic" in your eyes.

westside159

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2014, 03:20:10 PM »
I'm not hating on him , like i said he has some good catchy beats , but as a rapper he is basic .

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2014, 06:58:20 PM »
at first i didnt like the track at all but the more i listened to it, the more i learned to appreciate it and its grown on me

aerroc

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »

YG doing something right, he blew up. dont hate on him because hes "basic" in your eyes.

i think hes been lucky so far his album only sold little over 150k
he better come out with something great next album or else he better stick to making the same shit everybody else is doing he doesn't stand out to me generic more like it

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2014, 09:40:58 PM »
at first i didnt like the track at all but the more i listened to it, the more i learned to appreciate it and its grown on me
I was expecting to hear more of this after it first came out 8). I knew it would grow on peeps.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

westside159

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2014, 12:41:56 PM »
That song by Masta Killa - Cali Sun featuring Kurupt is dope  8) 8) 8)

bouli77

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2014, 01:40:48 PM »
I'm not hating on him , like i said he has some good catchy beats , but as a rapper he is basic .

he has more than catchy beats, he has actually really dope and varied productions to back him. modern G-Funk, Mustard and Terrace Martin really came through for the album. He's getting better as a rapper too, he has good lines here and there and above all he makes songs you could relate to with interesting story telling, songs like "me & my bitch", or "sorry momma". but yeah, Kendrick Lamar is lightyears ahead of him skillwise.

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2014, 02:34:33 PM »
I was expecting to hear more of this after it first came out 8). I knew it would grow on peeps.
word, the more i hear it, the more excited i get for his new album

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2014, 10:34:46 PM »
That song by Masta Killa - Cali Sun featuring Kurupt is dope  8) 8) 8)

Fo sho ma dude!  8)
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

westside159

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2014, 11:19:31 PM »
That song by Masta Killa - Cali Sun featuring Kurupt is dope  8) 8) 8)

Fo sho ma dude!  8)

Who produced that saucy ass beat . the beat is my type of beat . It sounds like some vintage westcoast G Funk

Remedy360

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2014, 12:18:14 AM »
Yeah, I definitely like the song more than when I first heard it. Still feel the high voice is completely unnecessary, but it's a cool song regardless.