Author Topic: Classic verse from Daz.. top 10 MC All-Time, Top 5 Producer  (Read 1243 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Classic verse from Daz.. top 10 MC All-Time, Top 5 Producer
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 05:59:47 AM »
definitely a classic verse. daz best material was when he and death row were in there prime. I can't get into his new shit but retaliation revenge and get back is a west coast classic to me....so is the production he did from 94-98.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

WestWestYA

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 07:13:11 AM »
Oh boy there was s time I nearly paid a friend 500 cash for jt and daz album. Phew thank god I didn't that's how obsessed I was a daz fan. Lol

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 10:01:04 AM »
ghostwritten by Kurupt

Exactly my thoughts! There are several trademark Kurupt "tells" buried in that verse.

This does have Kurupt's paw prints on it.... but in most cases I will give Daz the benefit of the doubt that he wrote his shit... I think a lot of the verses where you here Daz kind of singing his verse is straight up Daz because Kurupt never does much of that sing-song style that was often Daz signature style, like on the first couple hits the Dogg Pound was on...

"The Dogg Pound Rocks the Party, ALL NIGHT LONG till the early mourn"

"Now if a nicca had a prayer before a nicca died/ would the nicca be dead or would he stay alive/ and if I was in your shoes would I survive/ probably not, you'd probably let the glock go pop/ now drop to your knees and picture that nicca Daz BLOWIN IN DA BREEZ!!"

---that's Daz signature style, Kurupt can't flip that style----

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 07:19:17 AM by Infinite African Westcoastin 2014 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 10:02:22 AM »
kurupt and daz definitely wrote some of them daz dogg food verses together...daz has one of the best flows out west, either way. more of a rapper than an emcee.. still a west coast legend regardless.

WestSideDon

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 11:26:55 AM »
Daz surely had some help from his homies on a few of his verses, but thats not that dramatic for me. I think almost every rapper had some verses written by someone else at some points in his career, snoop, daz, kurupt, and many many others... But not just the ones from the dpg camp, but I'd go as far as saying literally EVERYONE used verses written by someone else at one or another point of their career.....

Raphael

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 01:25:32 PM »
He was good for a while until he went overboard with the mashing and dashing.

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 01:55:54 PM »
infinite with his dumb fucking posts smh

Will_B

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2014, 01:57:48 PM »

I mash and dash and bring noise letting niggaz know as I unload the toys

Raphael

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 02:07:56 PM »

I mash and dash and bring noise letting niggaz know as I unload the toys
:o Is Daz hiring?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2014, 02:17:53 PM »

lol

westside159

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 09:48:31 PM »
Yeah Daz raps the mash and dash line too much , it's almost like his signature rap line gimmick now ..  The Mash and Dash rhyme needs to be banned

Will_B

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »
There's an interview with Bad Azz on Dubcnn where he says the rest of the DPG always used to rip on Daz for reusing his verses all the time. Thats some real talk. Dunno how Nima got Bad Azz so open to give it up.

Okka

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2014, 03:27:53 AM »
There's an interview with Bad Azz on Dubcnn where he says the rest of the DPG always used to rip on Daz for reusing his verses all the time. Thats some real talk. Dunno how Nima got Bad Azz so open to give it up.

That's still one of the best interviews DubCNN ever did.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2014, 07:25:52 AM »

can ya'll link me, I haven't heard that one....

My generic Daz freestyle would be something like "I mash/ and Dash/ and blast on dat azz/ dat nicca Daz/ get's away with the cash"

....he was spittin mash and dash type lines even on the Dogg Food album on "Cyco-Lic-No", but think about it, mash and dash both rhyme with Daz, so the oldest trick in the book as a rapper is whenever you are freestyling you start rhyming your name whenever you get stuck, so it's only natural some of that would make it into his songs....

...but I don't see recycling verses as such a big deal, I see it more as building your character as a rapper and having reoccurring themes which can actually be a useful literary technique
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 07:28:43 AM by Infinite African Westcoastin 2014 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2014, 07:41:02 AM »

can ya'll link me, I haven't heard that one....

My generic Daz freestyle would be something like "I mash/ and Dash/ and blast on dat azz/ dat nicca Daz/ get's away with the cash"

....he was spittin mash and dash type lines even on the Dogg Food album on "Cyco-Lic-No", but think about it, mash and dash both rhyme with Daz, so the oldest trick in the book as a rapper is whenever you are freestyling you start rhyming your name whenever you get stuck, so it's only natural some of that would make it into his songs....

...but I don't see recycling verses as such a big deal, I see it more as building your character as a rapper and having reoccurring themes which can actually be a useful literary technique
recycled rhymes is a sign of laziness imo. no matter how many unreleased songs or verses you have you should always keep your sword sharp. on that note I wonder how many of snoop's verses on tha last meal are recycled.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.