Author Topic: Rick Ross Featuring Jay-Z - "Movin' Bass"  (Read 796 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Rick Ross Featuring Jay-Z - "Movin' Bass"
« on: November 12, 2014, 02:27:04 PM »

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Rick Ross Featuring Jay-Z - "Movin' Bass"
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 02:35:48 PM »
this was trash, not feeling it at all  :-X i was honestly expecting something better

mrkmaidog

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 03:07:13 PM »
this joint bangs. can't wait to bump the CD in my car. Timbo came with a different type of dark beat that'll get u amped up & rozay spittin that talk with hov dropping a solid hook. the ppl that are callin it wack is b/c jay doesnt have no ft and their ears arent used to a diff type of timbo beats. give it a couple listens and it'll grow on u.

aerroc

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 09:50:13 AM »
lol shits boring more fairy tales ::)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 10:57:34 AM »

I don't know where you're from or how old you are or anything of that nature...but you do know that 98% of the Hip Hop out there is fake or "fairy tales", right?

& the 2% that's real is Jay-Z saying he's rich...because he is lol.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 11:32:36 AM »

I don't know where you're from or how old you are or anything of that nature...but you do know that 98% of the Hip Hop out there is fake or "fairy tales", right?

I do agree there are some fakes in the game but there are some true to life real niggas in the game too.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 11:34:00 AM »
wit that said, the only bass officer ricky is movin' was those inmate's walkmans he was confiscatin' in the joint.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 03:42:46 PM »
I prefer when they do the more epic, musical collabs like "Maybach Music" and "Free Mason" but this is cool

bouli77

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 04:04:51 PM »

I do agree there are some fakes in the game but there are some true to life real niggas in the game too.

regardless of who is telling the truth or not i think people have to make the difference between several categories :

1. the 100% entertainment stuff, not to be taken at face value, the Rick Ross drug tales, the Too $hort pimp tales, the Brotha Lynch Hung cannibal stories, those are persona and characters they have created (or borrowed). I understand that it's hard for people to embrace Rick Ross, but as a rapper and an artist he crafts entertaining songs. once you know that it's purely fictional (most of the time), i think it's up to the listener to make up his mind. I don't fuck with everything he does but he has done some real good songs over the years, even though he's pretty one dimensional and the content is rather shallow, depth, life lesson and philosophic tales are not what you're looking for in rick ross's songs anyway lol

2. the semi-factual stuff : typically when a rapper talks about his past life and sprinkles it with stories that may be true or not, or that he may have heard from other people and made it his own

3. the documented stuff : there are people whose past are known and whose situations are known and they touch down on that. songs like Bun B - the story

I think regardless of the category you're always gonna have fiction, and that's fine. at the end of the day, i think it's important to not take it so seriously and appreciate for what it is, entertainment.

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 04:16:13 PM »

regardless of who is telling the truth or not i think people have to make the difference between several categories :

1. the 100% entertainment stuff, not to be taken at face value, the Rick Ross drug tales, the Too $hort pimp tales, the Brotha Lynch Hung cannibal stories, those are persona and characters they have created (or borrowed). I understand that it's hard for people to embrace Rick Ross, but as a rapper and an artist he crafts entertaining songs. once you know that it's purely fictional (most of the time), i think it's up to the listener to make up his mind. I don't fuck with everything he does but he has done some real good songs over the years, even though he's pretty one dimensional and the content is rather shallow, depth, life lesson and philosophic tales are not what you're looking for in rick ross's songs anyway lol

2. the semi-factual stuff : typically when a rapper talks about his past life and sprinkles it with stories that may be true or not, or that he may have heard from other people and made it his own

3. the documented stuff : there are people whose past are known and whose situations are known and they touch down on that. songs like Bun B - the story

I think regardless of the category you're always gonna have fiction, and that's fine. at the end of the day, i think it's important to not take it so seriously and appreciate for what it is, entertainment.

right on!

aerroc

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 09:15:31 PM »

im not a euro and im old enough
and officer ricky takes the fakeness to a whole new level 

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 09:18:20 PM »

im not a euro and im old enough
and officer ricky takes the fakeness to a whole new level 

But hey, Ricky makes great records and even Freeway is showing him respect now....so?

aerroc

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 10:23:15 AM »

but who would wanna hear somebody kick that shit that didn't live it ? vs. a rapper that may have really did it ? to some it is entertainment and to most this is a culture. I come from that era where you had to be authentic. hip hop was born in the streets and every rapper shouldn't be rappin' the things ross rap about cause he's not that. he could still be a great rapper and not rap trap shit. 98% of his new album that fake trap music. there's too many aunthentic street rappers for me to listen to him though. can't get jiggy to officer ricky.

bouli77

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 10:30:59 AM »
several rappers from "your" era are telling grossly exaggerated tales about things that they probably didn't experience and some give an image of themselves that is nowhere their real image

I mean Dr. Dre of all people has to be the most awkward, non authentic dude on the mic. just the fact that doesn't write his lyrics and that his lyrics convey an image of him that is probably nowhere near what he really is. also the fact that he dropped the chronic when he dropped verses with NWA where he said he didn't smoke weed, how he spat all these gang stories when most likely he was just a hip hop nerd making music.