Author Topic: 2014 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD  (Read 210 times)

Hack Wilson - real

2014 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD
« on: November 20, 2014, 04:45:39 PM »
BC @ FSU
Indiana @ Ohio State
Oklahoma St @ Baylor
Colorado @ Oregon
WCU @ Alabama
VAN @ Mississippi St

games that have no impact on the playoffs:

USC @ UCLA
Arizona @ Utah
Minnesota @ Nebraska

FSU gone win by 50
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:39:38 PM by Hack Brodenheimer »

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: this weekends college football
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 12:21:48 AM »
UCLA theoretically could still make it into the playoffs though, at least more so than the other teams you listed in not having an impact on the playoffs.  They have a really good shot at making it to the Pac-12 championship if they beat USC and Stanford.  Them beating Oregon at the Pac-12 championship isn't very likely, but if they were to do it, then their name could still be in the mix, especially if you consider the following about the teams ranked ahead (aside from Oregon, who is for sure going to the Pac-12 championship anyway):

* Alabama will play Auburn in two weeks.  Auburn isn't really in the picture for the playoffs, but if they pull an upset (again) and beat Alabama, then that will throw them off course.  They're still a good team.
* Mississippi State and Ole Miss are both ranked ahead and will play each other in two weeks.  Obviously one of them will lose and likely fall out of the playoffs picture.
* Kansas State is still ranked, and they have a chance to beat Baylor.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 10:09:17 AM »
Damn, I didn't expect ole miss to get shutout like that.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 05:24:24 PM »
Any thoughts on this weekend's games?  The only competitive one that matters (as far as the playoffs go) is Mississippi State vs. Ole Miss.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 02:58:54 PM »
Any thoughts on this weekend's games?  The only competitive one that matters (as far as the playoffs go) is Mississippi State vs. Ole Miss.

i just watched the Western Kentucky @ Marshall game earlier today, that was shocking.

49-42 WK at half time

67-66 WK in overtime

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 08:05:38 PM »
I went to the ucla stanford game... good lord they got beat down.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 02:29:10 PM »

hell yeah.  you a ucla guy?

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 05:10:44 PM »

hell yeah.  you a ucla guy?
Yeah.  My older brother went to UCLA, so naturally I root for them before anyone else (even when they were a shitty team), but I pretty much root for anyone in the Pac-12 or at least watch their games.  But they just played like shit yesterday, and Stanford killed them on both sides.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 05:38:26 PM »
i remember when i first got into college football Cade McNown was the MAN at Ucla back in the day.  i always thought he'd make a great pro but he got drafted by Chicago aka Quarterback hell.

Hack Wilson - real

Re: 2014 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 05:43:35 PM »
FSU beats Florida 24-19 despite Winston throwing 4 picks and under 130 passing yards.  He did throw 2 TD's and FSU had a 94 yard INT return.

Mississippi State gets beat in the egg bowl by Ole Miss 31-17.  Pretty convincing win.

Alabama is playing Auburn right now and are up 14-6.  Oregon is up 9-0 over ORegon St.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: 2014 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 02:51:12 PM »
ROLL TIDE! 8)