Author Topic: Nelson Cruz signs with Mariners.  (Read 208 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Nelson Cruz signs with Mariners.
« on: December 01, 2014, 11:10:53 AM »
Four years, $57 million.

I like it for the 2015 season, but it's a waste of money after that. Guy had his best season of his career at 34. I'd be impressed if he hit over .250, 33 homeruns this year. & those numbers go down considerably the three years following that.

But if off the slim chance he repeats his performance last season, great bat to hit behind Cano.

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Nelson Cruz signs with Mariners.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 11:26:53 AM »
he's great the 2/3 of the season he's healthy lol

Remedy360

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 11:52:25 AM »
There were rumors about him coming here last year and I wasn't a fan for a number of reasons, but dude definitely went out and crushed last year. He's a horrible defender but from what I gather he'll mostly be playing DH here. Even if his stats decline quickly, just having another threat in that lineup is big for what's been a horrible offense for way too long. M's just locked up Seager for 7 years and now this. I told you figgas that there would be money to spend after Cano.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
enjoy 3rd place again next year lol

MistaNova

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 12:26:13 PM »

Says the guy who roots for a team that'll finish 2015 in (at best) fourth place in the AL East.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 01:01:40 PM »

Says the guy who roots for a team that'll finish 2015 in (at best) fourth place in the AL East.

i've seen 5 world series runs in my lifetime.  great things gotta end sometme, right brodie?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 02:08:49 PM »

i've seen 5 world series runs in my lifetime.  great things gotta end sometme, right brodie?

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

There were rumors about him coming here last year and I wasn't a fan for a number of reasons, but dude definitely went out and crushed last year. He's a horrible defender but from what I gather he'll mostly be playing DH here. Even if his stats decline quickly, just having another threat in that lineup is big for what's been a horrible offense for way too long. M's just locked up Seager for 7 years and now this. I told you figgas that there would be money to spend after Cano.

It's true. He should always maintain his power for your lineup for the four years. But I watched Curtis Granderson at the tail end of his Yankees run & let me tell you, it's not what you want lol. & Curtis had a great glove.

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 02:17:48 PM »

Throwing bricks in a glass house..