Author Topic: College Football final 4 speculation  (Read 325 times)

Hack Wilson - real

College Football final 4 speculation
« on: December 06, 2014, 10:08:57 PM »
it HAS TO BE this

1-Alabama
2-Oregon
3-FSU
4-Ohio State

it SHOULD be

1-fsu
3-bama
3-oregon
4-ohio st

but this committee wants to compare FSU to their team last year which was also undefeated and more dominant.

if it's not at least those top 3 teams i will be 100% shocked.  Ohio STate over TCU and Baylor is a close one.

lol @ the hicks from the south who said the SEC would have 3 teams in this thing

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: College Football final 4 speculation
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 10:26:24 PM »
I don't think FSU should be #1.  Not to take away from them being undefeated, but they've had very few games against good and/or ranked teams, at least compared to other high-ranking teams from other conferences... and when they did, it was almost always a pretty close one (i.e. Notre Dame and Georgia Tech).  And there were even some that were close but against teams that they should've killed.  But that's the whole reason why a committee exists, otherwise teams would just get ranked according to their records.

Ohio State deserves to get the number 4 spot.  That game was just a crazy beatdown, probably the worst one I've seen in a while.  And it's not like they were playing some shit team either.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 08:27:48 PM »
I don't think FSU should be #1.  Not to take away from them being undefeated, but they've had very few games against good and/or ranked teams, at least compared to other high-ranking teams from other conferences... and when they did, it was almost always a pretty close one (i.e. Notre Dame and Georgia Tech).  And there were even some that were close but against teams that they should've killed.  But that's the whole reason why a committee exists, otherwise teams would just get ranked according to their records.

Ohio State deserves to get the number 4 spot.  That game was just a crazy beatdown, probably the worst one I've seen in a while.  And it's not like they were playing some shit team either.

29 straight wins in a row....how many does Alabama have in a row, 5? lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 06:46:22 PM »
lol @ the hicks from the south who said the SEC would have 3 teams in this thing

Auburn & Mississippi State would be 3.5 favorites (at the bare minimum) against FSU & OSU.

It only won't happen because SEC isn't pussy like the Big 12 & they actually have to play each other to decide a winner. You couldn't take Miss State out of the Top 4 if they didn't play Bama and won out.

It's always going to be like this because the Conference Champions are the ones who will be one loss teams. It's poorly done. Wouldn't be shocked if they never expanded it from here because if you had a 8 or 10 team playoff, given they didn't play each other it would be SEC teams in the semi-finals every year. At least with four teams the committee can play the "Oh Miss State lost twice" despite losing to two top teams in the nation card. While allowing FSU to play weak ass ACC teams, barely go undefeated & let them in for their sex appeal in viewership.

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 08:46:54 PM »
Fuck the Ducks.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 09:42:57 PM »
The Ducks will probably end FSU's winning streak.  I'm thinking about going to that game.  But I have a feeling the Ducks will beat FSU by low double-digits, then beat Alabama but just by a touchdown.  And no, I'm not an Oregon fan either.

Go Alamo Bowl!  Hahaha

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 11:27:27 PM »
Cool story bro

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 01:07:53 AM »
The Ducks will probably end FSU's winning streak.  I'm thinking about going to that game.  But I have a feeling the Ducks will beat FSU by low double-digits, then beat Alabama but just by a touchdown.  And no, I'm not an Oregon fan either.

Go Alamo Bowl!  Hahaha

The Ducks are talented enough to where they should beat FSU by 21 lol. FSU is so overrated.

Ducks over Bama is possible. But I don't see it. This Oregon offense has never played a powerhouse like Bama. This is a weaker defensive year for Bama, but Oregon would get bodied in the lines game. Just too big. Auburn runs that fast pace, read option and threw a big number in the Iron Bowl, which still wasn't close to enough to handle Bama's offense, but the difference is Auburn's offensive line is built so much bigger and stronger to compete in the SEC. Can't see the Ducks O-Line creating anything.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 12:55:58 PM »
only way FSU loses to Oregon is if Jameis gets kicked outta school for being a rapist