Poll

Who's the greatest

DJ Quik
MC Eiht
Aw hell naw
Breath like 16
West West y'all

Author Topic: DJ Quik vs MC Eiht  (Read 1292 times)

westside159

Re: DJ Quik vs MC Eiht
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2014, 11:28:09 PM »
none of these niggaz are relivant anymore, this forum is full of dinosaurs stuck in the early 90's ::) ::) ::)

There not relevant in the mainstream , but there always relevant when it comes to music in general because they made good records in there careers . MC Eiht's new album Which Way Iz West should be worth the wait and a nice edition to his collection of albums of the years . DJ Premier and Brenk Sinatra are dope producers . and Keep It Hood Ep was a good taste of whats to come off Eiht's new album . The tracklist will be released on New Years Day , that's what MC Eiht posted on his twitter page . Geeah be on t he lookout for the Streiht Up Menace because It's Thicker Than Water baby me and you . Ride with me Westcoast style  8) 8) 8)

Mr. Theo

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 05:43:21 AM »
Quik is clearly superior to MC Eiht.

He killed Eiht on Dollaz & Sense, first of all.

Eiht's music is good, but it's pretty limited in its range. His music is consistently good, but much of it sounds the same.

With Quik, it's entirely different. His corpus of music is as varied as it gets. It's filled with classics and it has endless replay value, much more replay value than Eiht's work.

The part were you said much of Eiht's music sounds the same could be said about DJ Quik's music also , much of his music sounds the same . You can tell it's a Quik beat because it sounds the same . We still party sounds almost exactly like Dollaz N Sense for example . I Dont wanna party with u also sounds like We still party and Dollaz N Sense also . Do you get my point ? There both great just drop it and let it go because we can go on and on about this topic .

I respect your opinion.

Much Luv to Eiht..he is a West Coast soldier. Legend.

But this DJ Quik vs Mc Eiht thing is too complicated.

MC Eiht is a highly respected Gangsta-Rapper-West-Coast-OG.

DJ Quik is a highly respected Gangsta-Rapper-A highly respected Super Music Producer (YES! MUSIC PRODUCER NOT ONLY "RAP PRODUCER OR BEATMAKER") and a highly respected musician ( plays Piano,Guitar,Keyboard,Drums) ,engineer,mixer and everything related about studio work-West-Coast-OG

The difference between the two, is in red.

Not to mention the fact of Dollaz + Sense > all the Duck Sick's and Def Wish's together in a gumbo .

The story says that.

Much Love to Quik .

Much Love to Eiht .

« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 05:47:03 AM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

westside159

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 01:00:27 PM »
I'm a fan of both , but MC Eiht and CMW is more underrated and he never really got his credit . That's why i speak about him alot on here .

dj coma

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 02:28:40 PM »

Eiht's music is good, but it's pretty limited in its range. His music is consistently good, but much of it sounds the same.

With Quik, it's entirely different. His corpus of music is as varied as it gets. It's filled with classics and it has endless replay value, much more replay value than Eiht's work.

The part were you said much of Eiht's music sounds the same could be said about DJ Quik's music also , much of his music sounds the same . You can tell it's a Quik beat because it sounds the same . We still party sounds almost exactly like Dollaz N Sense for example . I Dont wanna party with u also sounds like We still party and Dollaz N Sense also . Do you get my point ? There both great just drop it and let it go because we can go on and on about this topic .

Quik does have his own "sound" but the songs you mentioned are terrible examples of Quik songs that sound alike. We Still Party Sounds exactly like Dollaz N Sense??? On what planet?

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 04:19:58 PM »

Quik does have his own "sound" but the songs you mentioned are terrible examples of Quik songs that sound alike. We Still Party Sounds exactly like Dollaz N Sense??? On what planet?

u can tell it's from a different producer, but they got a different vibe

MOBNigga06

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2014, 08:20:17 PM »

Homie I think you need to get your ears checked.

The difference between We Still Party and Dollaz N Sense is enormous - much bigger than the difference between any of the songs on We Come Strapped. I'm pretty sure most people could listen to We Come Strapped 100x and not even know the names of the songs, because most of them (with a couple exceptions) are basically interchangeable in terms of the beat, flow, and lyrics.

We Still Party and Dollaz N Sense are at the opposite ends of the musical spectrum, homie…one is a song about chilling and living the good life, the other is about smoking your enemy…the huge difference between them supports the point opposite to yours, which is that Quik's music is diverse and complex (unlike Eiht's).

Once again I Don't wanna party with u and , We Still Party , Dollaz N Sense do sound the same , you need to re listen to those songs back to back and then come back to this forum and state your opinion . Alot of DJ Quiks music sounds the same . I gave you a good example , where is your example about Eiht's music sounding the same ? Compare some MC Eiht songs that sound the same . Then i might agree with you . Get back at me .

We Come Strapped is my favorite MC Eiht album, but most of the songs on there sound pretty similar. With a few exceptions, all of the songs on that album deal with the same themes, emotions, and situations. 

Niggaz That Kill, Def Wish III, Take 2 With Me, Niggaz Make the Hood Go Round, We Come Strapped, Goin Out Like Geez all sound extremely similar. Quik doesn't have any album where six songs sound basically the same.

Quik is a musical innovator, so he avoids making songs that sound too much like each other. Again, your example isn't particularly good: there's nothing similar about We Still Party and I Don't Wanna Party With U except the fact that book have the word "Party" in title.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

westside159

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2014, 08:39:56 PM »

Homie I think you need to get your ears checked.

The difference between We Still Party and Dollaz N Sense is enormous - much bigger than the difference between any of the songs on We Come Strapped. I'm pretty sure most people could listen to We Come Strapped 100x and not even know the names of the songs, because most of them (with a couple exceptions) are basically interchangeable in terms of the beat, flow, and lyrics.

We Still Party and Dollaz N Sense are at the opposite ends of the musical spectrum, homie…one is a song about chilling and living the good life, the other is about smoking your enemy…the huge difference between them supports the point opposite to yours, which is that Quik's music is diverse and complex (unlike Eiht's).

Once again I Don't wanna party with u and , We Still Party , Dollaz N Sense do sound the same , you need to re listen to those songs back to back and then come back to this forum and state your opinion . Alot of DJ Quiks music sounds the same . I gave you a good example , where is your example about Eiht's music sounding the same ? Compare some MC Eiht songs that sound the same . Then i might agree with you . Get back at me .

We Come Strapped is my favorite MC Eiht album, but most of the songs on there sound pretty similar. With a few exceptions, all of the songs on that album deal with the same themes, emotions, and situations. 

Niggaz That Kill, Def Wish III, Take 2 With Me, Niggaz Make the Hood Go Round, We Come Strapped, Goin Out Like Geez all sound extremely similar. Quik doesn't have any album where six songs sound basically the same.

Quik is a musical innovator, so he avoids making songs that sound too much like each other. Again, your example isn't particularly good: there's nothing similar about We Still Party and I Don't Wanna Party With U except the fact that book have the word "Party" in title.

Niggaz that kill sounds like Take 2 with me ? Does Hard Times sounds like Compton Bomb ? Does Streiht up menace sounds like All For The Money ? By the way who produced all those Classics ? MC Eiht did ? Don't forget MC Eiht as a producer . He was a dope producer . Plus i still think I don't wanna party with u and We Still Party sound alike , along with some of DJ Quik's other songs . WAY 2 Fonky Sounds like A low budget Safe & Sound for example . Listen to those two albums back to back again .  Compare Way To Fonky to Safe & Sound track for track .

BIGWORM

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2014, 09:19:34 PM »
I'm a huge fan of both of these artists. I'm going with M.C. Eiht!! All of his compton's most wanted albums were heat back when people were dropping garbage. D.J. Quick' albums are also fire and way more "musical"  but I'm a lyricist fan and Eiht surpasses him to the point he's on another level. Plus Eiht is the best story rapper from the west-coast...

« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 09:24:53 PM by BIGWORM »

Blood$

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2014, 12:34:34 PM »
DJ Quik... can't compare the two really because Quik is still fresh and never fell off

Eiht still has it at times but he's washed for the most part and hasn't dropped anything remarkable since '06, plus Quik's overall catalog buries Eiht's in every way

both are legends though, obviously

westside159

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2014, 04:07:19 PM »
I'm a huge fan of both of these artists. I'm going with M.C. Eiht!! All of his compton's most wanted albums were heat back when people were dropping garbage. D.J. Quick' albums are also fire and way more "musical"  but I'm a lyricist fan and Eiht surpasses him to the point he's on another level. Plus Eiht is the best story rapper from the west-coast...

Kniggity Kniggity Knock Knock Knock Guess who's back  8) 8) 8)

BIGWORM

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2014, 07:45:48 PM »
DJ Quik... can't compare the two really because Quik is still fresh and never fell off

Eiht still has it at times but he's washed for the most part and hasn't dropped anything remarkable since '06, plus Quik's overall catalog buries Eiht's in every way

Let's be real they both fell the fuck off BALANCE & OPTIONS is the last DJ Quik album that I can Bump from beginning to end and for EIHT it's WE COME STRAPPED....

1990: It's a Compton Thang
1991: Straight Checkn 'Em
1992: Music to Driveby
1994: We Come Strapped
1996: Death Threatz

Quik Is the Name (1991)
Way 2 Fonky (1992)
Safe + Sound (1995)
Rhythm-al-ism (1998)
Balance & Options (2000)

These are the albums I fuck with from these two COMPTON LEGENDZ

westside159

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2014, 08:17:32 PM »

Let's be real they both fell the fuck off BALANCE & OPTIONS is the last DJ Quik album that I can Bump from beginning to end and for EIHT it's WE COME STRAPPED....

Quik Is the Name (1991)
Way 2 Fonky (1992)
Safe + Sound (1995)
Rhythm-al-ism (1998)
Balance & Options (2000)

What about Section 8 or That'z Gangsta or N My Neighborhood ? You Didn't like those MC Eiht albums ? i Thought Section 8 was one of Eiht's best albums .

westside159

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2014, 08:21:51 PM »
Quik fell after Balance & Options ,  the rest of his albums  Under the influence , The Book Of David , The Midnight Life , and Trauma all were pretty mediocre albums . With maybe 2 to 3 ok songs on each .

BIGWORM

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2014, 08:31:29 PM »

Quik Is the Name (1991)
Way 2 Fonky (1992)
Safe + Sound (1995)
Rhythm-al-ism (1998)
Balance & Options (2000)

What about Section 8 or That'z Gangsta or N My Neighborhood ? You Didn't like those MC Eiht albums ? i Thought Section 8 was one of Eiht's best albums .

As soon as Eiht stopped using the "constipated" type flow I stopped checking for him. I listened to those albums you mentioned but I wasn't feeling them production wise. I'm actually going to re visit them and bump them in the ride for a bit to see if time has changed my mind lol...

MOBNigga06

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2014, 09:26:49 PM »

Quik Is the Name (1991)
Way 2 Fonky (1992)
Safe + Sound (1995)
Rhythm-al-ism (1998)
Balance & Options (2000)

I don't think it makes any sense to say that DJ Quik fell off. The best music of his career might have been on Rhythmalism, but does anyone really believe that Way 2 Fonky is a better album than The Book of David? Listen to those albums back to back and you will witness Quik's enormous growth as a rapper and a musician. I listen to Book of David way more often than Way 2 Fonky.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.