Poll

Who's the greatest

DJ Quik
MC Eiht
Aw hell naw
Breath like 16
West West y'all

Author Topic: DJ Quik vs MC Eiht  (Read 1293 times)

Will_B

DJ Quik vs MC Eiht
« on: December 23, 2014, 11:48:34 PM »
Because I don't feel like they get enough representation on the forum (like Kendrick Lamar)

aerroc

Re: DJ Quik vs MC Eiht
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 01:10:36 AM »
Because I don't feel like they get enough representation on the forum (like Kendrick Lamar)

washed up 90s rappers get all the attention  here :D

westside159

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 01:24:53 AM »
There both legends you can't compare the two because they have different styles . Eiht is more of a social type rapper with dark gritty street tales  , he raps about what goes on in the hoods across america . DJ Quik is more of a party uptempo type rapper that makes you wanna dance .  It's all about what type of style you like the best . the laid back smooth Eiht shit or the uptempo party grooves Quik shit .  8) 8)

doggfather

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 11:57:17 AM »
Eiht for me. He is one of my top 5 ever.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 01:13:43 PM »
ok

jk....i aint that guy. but quik got my vote, as he's clearly superior.

westside159

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 01:51:21 PM »
Clearly superior ? You done lost your mind . I don;t wanna start no internet fights but Quik is not on MC Eiht and CMW'S level not even close . Streiht up menace, Thicker than water , All for the money , One Time Gaffled em up , It's a compton thang , Growing up in the hood , Can i kill it , Fuck it We Come strapped , Music To Driveby , and It's a Compton Thang >>>> DJ Quik's whole career . Period . Eiht has more substance to his music

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 01:55:04 PM »
Clearly superior ? You done lost your mind . I don;t wanna start no internet fights but Quik is not on MC Eiht and CMW'S level not even close . Streiht up menace, Thicker than water , All for the money , One Time Gaffled em up , It's a compton thang , Growing up in the hood , Can i kill it , Fuck it We Come strapped , Music To Driveby , and It's a Compton Thang >>>> DJ Quik's whole career . Period . Eiht has more substance to his music

thats your opinion, and youre entitled....but just know, it's not a common opinion amongst most hip-hop heads. mc eiht is great in his own regard, but dj quik is perhaps the 2nd greatest producer of all time.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
Quik for sure. Eiht is tight and legend in his own right but Quik is an innovator. Quik is an all-time great in the West.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

MOBNigga06

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 02:38:14 PM »
Quik is clearly superior to MC Eiht.

He killed Eiht on Dollaz & Sense, first of all.

Eiht's music is good, but it's pretty limited in its range. His music is consistently good, but much of it sounds the same.

With Quik, it's entirely different. His corpus of music is as varied as it gets. It's filled with classics and it has endless replay value, much more replay value than Eiht's work.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

westside159

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 03:43:46 PM »

Eiht's music is good, but it's pretty limited in its range. His music is consistently good, but much of it sounds the same.

With Quik, it's entirely different. His corpus of music is as varied as it gets. It's filled with classics and it has endless replay value, much more replay value than Eiht's work.

The part were you said much of Eiht's music sounds the same could be said about DJ Quik's music also , much of his music sounds the same . You can tell it's a Quik beat because it sounds the same . We still party sounds almost exactly like Dollaz N Sense for example . I Dont wanna party with u also sounds like We still party and Dollaz N Sense also . Do you get my point ? There both great just drop it and let it go because we can go on and on about this topic .

Paolo

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 04:54:53 PM »
in 1st Dj Quik & in 2nd Mc Eiht

MOBNigga06

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 05:05:18 PM »

The part were you said much of Eiht's music sounds the same could be said about DJ Quik's music also , much of his music sounds the same . You can tell it's a Quik beat because it sounds the same . We still party sounds almost exactly like Dollaz N Sense for example . I Dont wanna party with u also sounds like We still party and Dollaz N Sense also . Do you get my point ? There both great just drop it and let it go because we can go on and on about this topic .

Homie I think you need to get your ears checked.

The difference between We Still Party and Dollaz N Sense is enormous - much bigger than the difference between any of the songs on We Come Strapped. I'm pretty sure most people could listen to We Come Strapped 100x and not even know the names of the songs, because most of them (with a couple exceptions) are basically interchangeable in terms of the beat, flow, and lyrics.

We Still Party and Dollaz N Sense are at the opposite ends of the musical spectrum, homie…one is a song about chilling and living the good life, the other is about smoking your enemy…the huge difference between them supports the point opposite to yours, which is that Quik's music is diverse and complex (unlike Eiht's).
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

WestWestYA

Re: Duck Sick vs MC Eiht
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 07:13:59 PM »
I don't give a fuck about Dollars & Sense
I'm backin' my nigga Eiht at hundred and fifty nine percent nigga
Cause I swear to god I'm gonna kill Quik
Cause when you fuck with my nigga then it's some real shit.

westside159

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 07:31:23 PM »

Homie I think you need to get your ears checked.

The difference between We Still Party and Dollaz N Sense is enormous - much bigger than the difference between any of the songs on We Come Strapped. I'm pretty sure most people could listen to We Come Strapped 100x and not even know the names of the songs, because most of them (with a couple exceptions) are basically interchangeable in terms of the beat, flow, and lyrics.

We Still Party and Dollaz N Sense are at the opposite ends of the musical spectrum, homie…one is a song about chilling and living the good life, the other is about smoking your enemy…the huge difference between them supports the point opposite to yours, which is that Quik's music is diverse and complex (unlike Eiht's).

Once again I Don't wanna party with u and , We Still Party , Dollaz N Sense do sound the same , you need to re listen to those songs back to back and then come back to this forum and state your opinion . Alot of DJ Quiks music sounds the same . I gave you a good example , where is your example about Eiht's music sounding the same ? Compare some MC Eiht songs that sound the same . Then i might agree with you . Get back at me .

BANGADOSHISH!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2014, 10:13:44 PM »
none of these niggaz are relivant anymore, this forum is full of dinosaurs stuck in the early 90's ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 10:15:36 PM by BANGADOSHISH!! »