Author Topic: Stephen A. Smith Agrees to New Contract W/ ESPN Worth $3 Mil+ A Year  (Read 363 times)

Sccit

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Stephen A. Smith Agrees to New Contract W/ ESPN Worth $3 Mil+ A Year
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 07:46:31 PM »
What an easy job. Have minimal knowledge of every sport besides basketball & get paid 3+ million a year because you're a stereotypical black guy who gets loud with Skip in the morning.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 08:02:20 PM »
What an easy job. Have minimal knowledge of every sport besides basketball & get paid 3+ million a year because you're a stereotypical black guy who gets loud with Skip in the morning.

lol i had you pegged for many things, cham...racist was not one of em

naah, but stephen has a strong personality. i think hes good at what he does and deserves the contract.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 08:47:52 PM »
his radio show in 2007/08 ish was awesome.  it was just him going off on rants for an hour.  great material to get baked to.  some sports radio talk is just classic and that was it.  ESPN mostly sucks too.  it was that special.

as for Stephen A now it seems skip bayless ruins the show they are on now but Stephen A Smith always gets props for being the ONLY guy who broke Bron to Miami.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 08:50:38 PM »
yea they took him off espn radio in LA about a year ago...damn shame

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 09:34:12 PM »
This is a good signing for ESPN. The only thing they really got going for them that's entertaining for them is First Take. Around the Horn and PTI have ran their course to me, and Mike and Mike now annoys me to no end.

As for Stephen A. and Skip. Let's not get it twisted. Those two paid their dues. Skip wrote a book on the Dallas Cowboys and he's been covering football and boxing since the 70's. Stephen A. is one of the most respected basketball journalist in the nation, even prior to ESPN. What they do on camera is one thing, but outside of ESPN they both are very accomplished people. And Cari is FINE!!! I will be honest, I can only take so much, usually no MORE than an hour. The are on everyday, I listen to their podcast replays to and from work, usually hearing the replay on my way home in the evening and then another 45 minutes on my way to work the next morning. Or I check out the show on Youtube, as many YouTube channels can daily segments online. After all, I work so I rarely actually see First Take live. But still, I like the show and I give ESPN their props for re-signing Stephen A. I always wondered though what Stephen A. would have done had he not re-signed with ESPN and he started doing a little bit more politically commentary. Now it was obvious from his limited appearances on MSNBC and Fox News he had NO idea about politics other than he was a black dude who wasn't a Democrat but not a Republican either. But it was entertaining to see him rant on politics and not really have a true opinion on what he believes. At least with sports, he can rant on basketball all day but he knows what he's talking about. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 02:27:47 AM »
Good shit. Stephen A. is a real and entertaining nigga who deserves more acclaim than he is getting.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 06:18:30 AM »
This is a good signing for ESPN. The only thing they really got going for them that's entertaining for them is First Take. Around the Horn and PTI have ran their course to me, and Mike and Mike now annoys me to no end.

As for Stephen A. and Skip. Let's not get it twisted. Those two paid their dues. Skip wrote a book on the Dallas Cowboys and he's been covering football and boxing since the 70's. Stephen A. is one of the most respected basketball journalist in the nation, even prior to ESPN. What they do on camera is one thing, but outside of ESPN they both are very accomplished people. And Cari is FINE!!! I will be honest, I can only take so much, usually no MORE than an hour. The are on everyday, I listen to their podcast replays to and from work, usually hearing the replay on my way home in the evening and then another 45 minutes on my way to work the next morning. Or I check out the show on Youtube, as many YouTube channels can daily segments online. After all, I work so I rarely actually see First Take live. But still, I like the show and I give ESPN their props for re-signing Stephen A. I always wondered though what Stephen A. would have done had he not re-signed with ESPN and he started doing a little bit more politically commentary. Now it was obvious from his limited appearances on MSNBC and Fox News he had NO idea about politics other than he was a black dude who wasn't a Democrat but not a Republican either. But it was entertaining to see him rant on politics and not really have a true opinion on what he believes. At least with sports, he can rant on basketball all day but he knows what he's talking about. 

Skip Bayless has always been a caricature. He says stupid things on purpose to get a rise out of people, and he's been doing that since the 70s. He's a goof on the show and his articles in recent years at least have always come off as immature. I don't know if he's ever debated strategy or provided actual analysis of a sport. And I think he actually believes he could t least GM a Superbowl winner.

Both of these guys focus too much on intangibles being the end all be all for great athletes. Mark Cuban came on their show a few years ago and exposed them for it.

Of course you can't blame them, look at the timeslot. Their agenda is to get less homemaker women to watch the View and watch them instead.

Remedy360

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 11:28:36 AM »
One of the better people on ESPN. His rant on Stephon Marbury was classic. "YOU'RE A DAMN POINT GUARD".

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 12:04:32 PM »
and Mike and Mike now annoys me to no end.

i think you mean to say "mike, mike and one of their 500 stupid guests"

Herm Edwards was a fucking douche bag loser as Jets coach, why would I want to listen to him talk about football?

Mike Ditka seems like an imitation of himself at this point.

Cris Carter is an annoying cokehead who never won a damn thing in his life.

man i hate that show now but not because of Mike and Mike....

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 01:07:08 PM »
and Mike and Mike now annoys me to no end.

i think you mean to say "mike, mike and one of their 500 stupid guests"

Herm Edwards was a fucking douche bag loser as Jets coach, why would I want to listen to him talk about football?

Mike Ditka seems like an imitation of himself at this point.

Cris Carter is an annoying cokehead who never won a damn thing in his life.

man i hate that show now but not because of Mike and Mike....

Sill, it's a bad show. I tried to listen to it, I'd rather listen to Tiki Barber's show. Or First Take replay. Or the Bay Area morning show, Flight 97. Hell the local Minnesota station ain't that bad.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 01:39:36 PM »
max and marcellus + mason and ireland are the main shows i fux wit

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 02:23:46 PM »
Miss Eric Mangini on ESPN. He was too smart for that network.