Author Topic: New Jerry Heller Intervew.....Shits on Ice Cube, talks NWA, Bone Thugs, etc.  (Read 1963 times)

WestWestYA

wow.. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this interview.  Jerry Helller is really a quality person, and maybe people will one day realize the great contributions this guy made to hip-hop.

...My favorite part of the interview was when Jerry was talking about how he was neighbors with Dre and even Dre's mom, and how Dre pulled up at one point and said to Jerry "you picked the wrong nigga!"  For some reason that reminded me of Jordan pulling up to the arena with a cigar in his mouth and spottin his opponent and saying, "I'm going to get 45 on you tonight" and then going out and doing it.

On a side note, I also love hearing him talk about Bone.  But something is fucced up on the timeline.  So he said the album was done by August 1994, but not put out till August 95?  I brought this up before and tried to point out that maybe Eazy was around for East99Eternal and people said he wasn't, but maybe he was?  Something else was strange about Jerry's timeline he was complaining that "Crossroads" was not released as a single, but CROSSROADS WASN'T EVEN ON THE DAMN ALBUM.   The "Crossroads" that blew up was on a remix that wasn't even on the original album when it came out in 95.
Crossroads remix was only on EU version not on the US release.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
wow.. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this interview.  Jerry Helller is really a quality person, and maybe people will one day realize the great contributions this guy made to hip-hop.

...My favorite part of the interview was when Jerry was talking about how he was neighbors with Dre and even Dre's mom, and how Dre pulled up at one point and said to Jerry "you picked the wrong nigga!"  For some reason that reminded me of Jordan pulling up to the arena with a cigar in his mouth and spottin his opponent and saying, "I'm going to get 45 on you tonight" and then going out and doing it.

On a side note, I also love hearing him talk about Bone.  But something is fucced up on the timeline.  So he said the album was done by August 1994, but not put out till August 95?  I brought this up before and tried to point out that maybe Eazy was around for East99Eternal and people said he wasn't, but maybe he was?  Something else was strange about Jerry's timeline he was complaining that "Crossroads" was not released as a single, but CROSSROADS WASN'T EVEN ON THE DAMN ALBUM.   The "Crossroads" that blew up was on a remix that wasn't even on the original album when it came out in 95.

So the song was finished at the time east99 was released..why didn't they put it on the album?  Now I'm really confused.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

midwestryder

that is because Jerry Heller is full of bullshit & lying .  you are falling for his jewish bullshit .  jerry heller is not a quality person  . he is lying industry leach.

Sccit

that is because Jerry Heller is full of bullshit & lying .  you are falling for his jewish bullshit .  jerry heller is not a quality person  . he is lying industry leach.

what did he lie about?

Sccit

So the song was finished at the time east99 was released..why didn't they put it on the album?  Now I'm really confused.

the video version is the remix.....the original is on the album. the remix is on the european version prolly cuz it was released later

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG

The original crossroads was supposed to be the first single..layzie bone said it was supposed to drop in March on that rapcity interview wit bone from 95 rite before eazy died ..
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

JeremyM

The remix to Crossroads is on later pressings of E. 1999 Eternal, including those sold in the US. I know because I bought one. Some of the later pressings are labeled as featuring Crossroad and instead feature the remix, and some of them are labeled as featuring the remix. There are some stories that there is a version with the original in its proper place and the remix tacked on as a bonus track, but I am not 100% on that one--maybe that is the EU version?

DeeezNuuuts83

^ Correct. I know it's for sure on the clean version of the album, which was released later as well.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The remix to Crossroads is on later pressings of E. 1999 Eternal, including those sold in the US. I know because I bought one. Some of the later pressings are labeled as featuring Crossroad and instead feature the remix, and some of them are labeled as featuring the remix. There are some stories that there is a version with the original in its proper place and the remix tacked on as a bonus track, but I am not 100% on that one--maybe that is the EU version?

Like any rap fan at the time I also had E. 1999 Eternal when it came out fall 95'.  My homies and I used to get totally bugged out to that album, and had some of the best times of our life in fall 95'.  And of course, it was the non-hit version of "Crossroads" that was on the album.  

This is speaking from my own personal recollection but it seemed like it was nearly a year later before they started putting the hit version of "Crossroads" onto the E. 99 Eternal album.  I also vaguely remember MTV doing some special where they were in the studio recording the remix hit version of "Crossroads" early in the year 96'.  Then it came out as a single and the single blew up, and only after the single had run it's course did they start putting it on E. 1999 Eternal.  That is my own recollection of events.

It is only now that I am hearing this story that the hit version of "Crossroads" was actually recorded as far back as the spring of 95??  And if that's the truth I can't understand why the hell they would've left it off the album.  It's nearly as stupid as them not putting the video version of "California Love" on All Eyez On Me.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 07:56:46 AM by Resident of 1996 »

Sccit

Like any rap fan at the time I also had E. 1999 Eternal when it came out fall 95'.  My homies and I used to get totally bugged out to that album, and had some of the best times of our life in fall 95'.  And of course, it was the non-hit version of "Crossroads" that was on the album.  

This is speaking from my own personal recollection but it seemed like it was nearly a year later before they started putting the hit version of "Crossroads" onto the E. 99 Eternal album.  I also vaguely remember MTV doing some special where they were in the studio recording the remix hit version of "Crossroads" early in the year 96'.  Then it came out as a single and the single blew up, and only after the single had run it's course did they start putting it on E. 1999 Eternal.  That is my own recollection of events.

It is only now that I am hearing this story that the hit version of "Crossroads" was actually recorded as far back as the spring of 95??  And if that's the truth I can't understand why the hell they would've left it off the album.  It's nearly as stupid as them not putting the video version of "California Love" on All Eyez On Me.

crossroads remix was not done by the time the album was pressed

• Muthafuckin' Don!

That's what I always thought, but Jerry Heller tells another story

smp4life

He just says he and Eazy didn't steal any money. What he's not saying is they gave cube and them bad deals. Cube was smart and chose not to sign the next bad deal and bounced.

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG

The original crossroads was supposed to be the first single...jerrys old so he prolly mixed up about the og and remix but the og crossroads was supposed to drop as a single March 95
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

Sccit

with all due respect, jerry heller is old...he thought the original was on the album+he got his dates mixed up.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

The original crossroads was supposed to be the first single...jerrys old so he prolly mixed up about the og and remix but the og crossroads was supposed to drop as a single March 95

yeah... he got them mixed up... Snoop does the same shit, apparently he mixed up how Dre and Warren G were related (in his autobiography), which is kind of strange because that connection changed his whole life so you would think it would be something he would get right.