Author Topic: Bill Simmons destroying Carmelo Anthony  (Read 371 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bill Simmons destroying Carmelo Anthony
« on: February 26, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »
GROUP J: “Don’t Tell Anyone, and I’ll Deny It to the Death, But I’m Listening.”3

34. Carmelo Anthony
In July, I wrote a piece centered on the question “Could you win the NBA title if Carmelo were your best player?” (My answer: absolutely.) That was before Phil Jackson blew up the Knicks for a top-five pick while Jedi mind-tricking everyone into thinking they have a summer of 2015 chance at Marc Gasol or LaMarcus Aldridge. Yeah, I’m sure both of them are dying to ditch legit playoff contenders to play on a barren roster with a shaky coach, a historically incompetent owner, and a suddenly overpaid leading scorer with a surgically repaired knee. Keep getting dem checks, Phil.

You know what’s really funny? In November, Carmelo did that now-infamous ESPN The Magazine cover story that pushed his “brand,” his fancy Brooklyn office and his I want to be remembered for more than just basketball nonsense. He painted himself as something of a businessman, which was funny for about 30 different reasons, but mainly this one: If Carmelo WERE a businessman, he would have realized that it was terrible business decision to stay with James Dolan and the Knicks.

You know what’s bad for your brand? Wasting one of your last prime years in front of half-empty crowds on a 14-win lottery team. Kids around America aren’t saying, “Did you see what Carmelo wore in the press conference after the Knicks lost by 34 points? I want to get that!”4 Yikes. The last time a businessman from Baltimore misfired that badly, Brother Mouzone and Omar finished him off with a flurry of bullets. Hold on, Carmelo, could you stand in front of a skyscraper window in a three-piece suit with your right hand in your pocket while blowing cigar smoke for us? Please? You won’t look like a jackass at all.

http://grantland.com/features/2015-nba-trade-value-part-2-the-temple-of-doom/
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Bill Simmons destroying Carmelo Anthony
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 12:58:32 PM »
not hard to do

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 02:20:05 PM »
I love Simmons. Such a good NBA mind.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 06:05:18 PM »
how long til ESPN gets tired of him? lol

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 03:31:07 PM »
SHOULDA CAME TO THE LAKESHOW SMH

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 05:49:45 PM »
I took Carmelo 7th overall in a keeper league earlier this year.  Worst fantasy draft pick Ive ever made.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 07:11:52 PM »
I took Carmelo 7th overall in a keeper league earlier this year. 

lmao.....in a keeper league? good lord

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 07:43:19 PM »

It was the whole " Carmelo was in shape, in the gym all summer" hype before the season that made me think he was worthy of the pick.   Terrible decision

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 07:48:21 PM »

It was the whole " Carmelo was in shape, in the gym all summer" hype before the season that made me think he was worthy of the pick.   Terrible decision

u probably took him over demarcus cousins, russell westbrook, john wall, damian lillard, kyrie irving, marc gasol....am i wrong?

damn

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 08:46:11 PM »
Keeper league? My general rule in a keeper is to get the best young talent. But it's all good.

PLANT

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 02:15:05 PM »
Keeper league? My general rule in a keeper is to get the best young talent. But it's all good.
You keep 3 players and then re draft the rest of the league each year