Author Topic: Braves trade star closer Craig Kimbrel and BJ "Melvin" Upton to the Padres  (Read 256 times)

Hack Wilson - real

west coast baseball is getting SERIOUS this year  - Padres are a legit contender now.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I feel like the last ten teams to make some offseason changes & go into a season as "legit contenders" all fall flat on their face.

Cool team though.

Remedy360

Why on Earth would they wanna take on Upton's contract? Dude has been god awful since coming to the NL. Padres do have a good looking team though.

Hack Wilson - real

I feel like the last ten teams to make some offseason changes & go into a season as "legit contenders" all fall flat on their face.

Cool team though.

I hear ya.  In fact I still laugh at this team for trading Adrian Gonzalez years ago 

I do trust that outfield and Kimbrel is a top closer - key ingredients IMO to winning

i know a lot of people who i respect that think the closer is the most over rated position in baseball and i agree except when it comes to the greats like Mariano, Eckersley and Gossage.  Kimbrel is great enough to some day be worthy of them.  Shocked the Braves would trade him but I guess they really don't care about winning anytime soon.

Remedy360

Cool team though.

I hear ya.  In fact I still laugh at this team for trading Adrian Gonzalez years ago 

I do trust that outfield and Kimbrel is a top closer - key ingredients IMO to winning

i know a lot of people who i respect that think the closer is the most over rated position in baseball and i agree except when it comes to the greats like Mariano, Eckersley and Gossage.  Kimbrel is great enough to some day be worthy of them.  Shocked the Braves would trade him but I guess they really don't care about winning anytime soon.

It might be a little over valued, but it's important cause it's a high pressure role that some dudes just can't handle. There's been plenty of guys with great stuff that just couldn't cut it from a mental standpoint.

Hack Wilson - real

yeah I agree.  Even Mariano and Eckersley have famous moments where they fucked it up but both kept on going.

then you got guys like Brad Lidge who fuck up in a big moment and they're done mentally  :'(

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Shocked the Braves would trade him

They'd be lucky to win 75 games this year.

They saved like 65 million by moving him.

Hack Wilson - real

yeah but this kid is going to be the next great closer and he's only 4 years in.  he could pitch another 10 great seasons a la joe nathan.