Author Topic: Listening to Great Adventures of Slick Rick for the first time  (Read 314 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Again.. why bother with Kendrick Lamar when there are still so many classics I have not yet gotten around to listening to?  This album is fabulous, and I can see now where 90's legends like Snoop and Nas got a lot of their his ideas.  The beats are smooth as fuck and the backdrop sounds like a precursor to Illmatic, with Ricky at the top of his game, charismatic and clever rhymes, and of course the storytelling he's known for.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

EAZY-LI

Re: Listening to Great Adventures of Slick Rick for the first time
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 06:50:34 AM »
Again.. why bother with Kendrick Lamar when there are still so many classics I have not yet gotten around to listening to?  This album is fabulous, and I can see now where 90's legends like Snoop and Nas got a lot of their his ideas.  The beats are smooth as fuck and the backdrop sounds like a precursor to Illmatic, with Ricky at the top of his game, charismatic and clever rhymes, and of course the storytelling he's known for.

deffo a hip-hop classic i don't like kendrick Lamars albums i don't understand all the hype.
get back to me when Kendrick can make a song like teenage love. 
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 11:20:50 AM »
Again.. why bother with Kendrick Lamar when there are still so many classics I have not yet gotten around to listening to?  This album is fabulous, and I can see now where 90's legends like Snoop and Nas got a lot of their his ideas.  The beats are smooth as fuck and the backdrop sounds like a precursor to Illmatic, with Ricky at the top of his game, charismatic and clever rhymes, and of course the storytelling he's known for.

deffo a hip-hop classic i don't like kendrick Lamars albums i don't understand all the hype.

8)

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 01:43:40 PM »
welcome to hip-hop 101

Desert Lord

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 03:15:33 PM »
classic!

don't know what that got to do with kendrick tho but anyway...

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 03:37:00 PM »
classic!

he's just creating random classic album threads to slight Kendrick

"Keisha's Song" > "Teenage Love"

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 03:43:44 PM »
classic album infinite...if you haven't already check out these classics: pete rock & cl smooth's mecca and the soul brother, o.c.'s jewelz, word...life, and krs one's criminal minded just to name a small few.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »
Again.. why bother with Kendrick Lamar when there are still so many classics I have not yet gotten around to listening to?  

You act like listening to a 16 track album is equivalent to reading a five-part book series or something. You listen to the album a few times and decide if its something you're into or not, it's not that difficult. If you're gonna disparage an artist shouldn't you at least listen to their music?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 05:31:49 PM »
classic album infinite...if you haven't already check out these classics: pete rock & cl smooth's mecca and the soul brother, o.c.'s jewelz, word...life, and krs one's criminal minded just to name a small few.

I've already checked out mecca and the soul brother and Criminal Minded and of course I liked both of them

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 05:33:31 PM »

You act like listening to a 16 track album is equivalent to reading a five-part book series or something.

It is... I don't take albums casually... they are autobiographies of a period in an artist's life.  And if they are classic then they end up becoming a part of your own life.  So it is like reading a novel.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 07:19:09 PM »
Brian still needs to check out "The Ringmaster" by ICP

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 03:49:34 PM »

I've already checked out mecca and the soul brother and Criminal Minded and of course I liked both of them

You say of course as though you're not a fucking idiot when it comes to hip hop.

You are in the same category as the 17 year old fan who only listens to Eminem and T.I., ignoring the wealth of material out there because you have such a limited scope of appreciation and understanding.

EAZY-LI

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 09:04:51 AM »
classic!

he's just creating random classic album threads to slight Kendrick

"Keisha's Song" > "Teenage Love"

just checked this Keisha's song out the rhyming was alright but didn't really connect with me what he was talking about. the hook was more enjoyable than his raps. im more interested to see if the hook comes from an original track just like empire state mind pt 2 which was a lot better than the jay-z one. 
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995